Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Wow, seriously dude? Only a Fanboy would find it hard to conceptualize lives that don't revolve around Apple products.

There's a whole world outside the cult.
    LOL..let me explain.

When Palm first announced this, here's some sample reactions:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...unes-sync.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouncement.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-here-13.html

That last one might have a post or two from me in it. But my initial reaction was being turned off by hearing that the Pre would disguise itself as an ipod in an attempt to have itunes compatibility. Anyone sane knew Apple wouldn't want this or allow it to continue for long. I wanted something different, something better from Palm.

But nope, the general reaction, in these threads, was how cool it was and how smart Palm was to recognize the majority use Itunes. Stupid me for thinking Palm should've did their own version with their own unique features.

Nope, the majority use itunes. It's all good. Nevermind the majority use something else besides a Pre but when it comes to sync/media mgmt software, the same logic doesn't fly.

And so now the inevitable comes along sooner than later. "I hate itunes" is the theme of the day...nevermind that you didn't hate it in May. Heck, i bet half in this thread used it.

I don't hate or love itunes. All i wanted was for Palm to create their own desktop mgmt/sync along with an app catalog portal and amazon video/audio portals.

This has consequences. First, Palm basically told people that Itunes is the default media experience that everyone should have or aspire to by even promoting this. Palm would do or have no interest in providing a similar or better experience. It's no secret Palm would like 3rd party apps to make up for not providing (or doing the work for) their own native app for some things, but to promote a competitor's app?

Second, Palm took a hit in ethics here. I championed Palm when iphone fanboys were accusing Palm of stealing features or copying the iphone. I think they are two very different devices/OS's. But i couldn't defend the "pretend i'm an ipod" thing for itunes.

Third, now this is Palm's problem. Not apple's. Many, as already polled on here, use itunes and surely this influenced them a bit to purchase the Pre. Palm's answer? Don't upgrade or use something else like Mediamonelkeho9eih or whatever obscure POS is out there. Then there's the huge amount of support that will have to used trying to tell Joe Blow that sorry..its broke. Use something else.

Sorry Palm. Here's the thing. You should never have done this or at least fell in line with what other smartphones are doing to be itunes compatible. Palm knew this would be fixed. They just didn't have to reach that low to sucker people like this. WebOS and the Pre is simply awesome. There had to be a better way using some 3rd party or making their own version that would provide a much better experience than relying on your rival's software to provide a half baked hacked itunes experience.

You can hate itunes. You can preach drag and drop all you want. But it's not you, the forum member, but instead the average palm user who will wonder what the heck is going on when he tries to sync his Pre next time. Envision anyone calling Sprint/palm much over this for support?
    Last edited by cardfan; 07/16/2009 at 08:31 AM.
    I have two albums on my computer. I installed the Itunes version before this new one. I transferred the two albums on my phone.

FIN

Yeah, I don't really care to use itunes. So I'm on board with not caring... I don't see what the big deal is.. Don't friggin update itunes. sheesh.

I have a car that drives 60 mph. The road I drive on daily has a speed limit of 60 mph. They raised the speed limit to 75 for the road. I just read in my car's manual, if the car goes over 60 mph it will stop working... blow up... whatever.
    What do you do.

DON'T DRIVE OVER 60 MPH. BADA BING!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    LOL..let me explain.

Third, now this is Palm's problem. Not apple's. Many, as already polled on here, use itunes and surely this influenced them a bit to purchase the Pre. Palm's answer? Don't upgrade or use something else like Mediamonelkeho9eih or whatever obscure POS is out there. Then there's the huge amount of support that will have to used trying to tell Joe Blow that sorry..its broke. Use something else.

Sorry Palm. Here's the thing. You should never have done this or at least fell in line with what other smartphones are doing to be itunes compatible. Palm knew this would be fixed. They just didn't have to reach that low to sucker people like this. WebOS and the Pre is simply awesome. There had to be a better way using some 3rd party or making their own version that would provide a much better experience than relying on your rival's software to provide a half baked hacked itunes experience.

You can hate itunes. You can preach drag and drop all you want. But it's not you, the forum member, but instead the average palm user who will wonder what the heck is going on when he tries to sync his Pre next time. Envision anyone calling Sprint/palm much over this for support?
    Ok, maybe we just read things differently, but when I look through those threads I'm not reading the enthusiasm that you're seeing. It's lukewarm at best.

Palm didn't say anything about "default media experience", you just made that up. Maybe they shouldn't have tried or marketed it, but gimme a break; it's iTunes sync. The world will keep spinning.
    Just don't update iTunes.
  5. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    NO!! Its more like one library per device... I know this as fact since my aunt uncle and 2 cousins all since there dun dun dun Iphone's / ipods to the same pc.

One library per device...
    One library per device but not one library per computer (hold cmd key on a mac when you start it up to create multiple libraries and choose which to run, Idk about iTunes on Windows).

I'm not an Apple fanboy in the least bit (They make both good and bad things - I do have a refurb iMac but ditched the iPhone for the Pre) but for those that have only used iTunes on Windows the experience is COMPLETELY different on a Mac. I despise iTunes on Windows with a passion (it's most likely crippled on purpose in an attempt to get people to switch to Mac) but it's a good program on a Mac. No lag, crashes, etc.

I'm not bothered by the iTunes function being crippled at all. Drag and drop is a far better method anyway.
    Originally posted by bbr:
    . . . I'm not bothered by the iTunes function being crippled at all. Drag and drop is a far better method anyway.
    What will you do about Playlist? From my understanding, creating a playlist that could sync to your device issue that couldn't be figure out.
    Count me as another who doesn't care that iTunes brickwalled the Pre. I have a 32gb iPod Touch for all my media (not to mention all the iPod compatible things I have). It never really made much sense for me to put music on my Pre if my whole collection wouldn't fit and I wouldn't have the same degree of integration with my home & car stereos.

For the record.. I am a life long Windows user and I am utterly annoyed by Mac-tards. I use iTunes to sync my media... And my relationship with Apple extends no further than my iPod.
    I don't care either.
    I knew Palm hacked it together and knew this would happen eventually, so never used it to begin with.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    personally i don't give a crap if it doesn't sync with itunes anymore... thats not why i bought my pre to begin with.... when i first found out that it does sync with i tunes i was like oh ok thats nice, but it is not a big deal...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I use iTunes for my iPod. As far as my Pre goes I don't give two ****s if iTunes works with it or now. Drag and drop works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    LOL..let me explain.

Itunes could possibly be the worst piece of dumbed down software that the masses are forced to use. Dont even get me started on any of the ipod series. And i own a touch and a nano, 17" MBP , 23" monitor etc.... You get the point. So please keep preaching the "itunes experience or the apple experience" to less informed people. Or at least be honest and say "we are snobby and elitist and frown upon anything not shiny. And above all, we demand that the device or product have limited scope and functionality. Also we can say our OS is as stable as linux/unix which is utter nonsense/garbage"..... And i am not a hater, i actually own a few products.

I do however heart Apple care .......
    I have a Palm Pre. It has 8 gigs of memory.
    I have an iPod. It has 80 gigs of memory.

My library of songs and video is much to large to fit on my Pre. So I use the iPod for songs and video, and the Pre for everything else.

Therefore I don't really care that Apple does not want me to synch my Pre with iTunes.
    This is the main reason I won't buy apple products in the first place. "You play with my toys only or else!" I hate Apple "proprietary" bs. Their products are slick, beautiful, work well, and they are good at making people believe they will never crash. That said, they are WAY over priced and proprietary.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234