Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i hate itunes and will never use itunes...i hate all apple products...they make me sick
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Are you saying if we were a family of iPod users (using iTunes) that we would need a computer for each iPod?
    That is correct.
    Um, well, that would go for everyone who's responded to the OP so far. NOT everyone in the forums, and most definitely not everyone who's purchased a Pre. Most people don't understand filesystems and such. Hence, they wouldn't be able to drag and drop files onto their Pre. I've considered suggesting the Pre to several family members who are currently considering getting new phones but seeing how so many people seen to be having trouble with the phones (getting settings adjusted, simple usage, one guy asking what the gesture area is for). I've started to wonder if the phone is just too complex for the average user.
    But it's not. You can have WMP fill it up if you want, which is 10x simpler than iTunes. The only problem is that most people own(ed) an iPod and Apple completely took over the organization and management of media - which can be a daunting task to reverse (not to mention people just get used to the software).

I was ecstatic the day I was able to uninstall iTunes from my computer, although I'm still in the process of reorganizing my music 4 months later.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Don't like iTunes but I also don't care much for WMP either. I prefer using either a very 'thin' player or if I want real functionality I'll use Songbird.

Losing the iTunes sync is fine from my viewpoint. I'd rather see Palm spend time enhancing the PRE than going backwards to support a clumsy and proprietary product such as iTunes.

Besides - USB Sync is the best way to sync anyway... though I may try to sync with Songbird!!!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't get it. But then again I've never been and itunes user.
    apple makes some great products as I hear. But I just prefer something else. I don't know why, apple is just unattractive to me. Maybe it is because everyone has a freakin ipod or iphone. I got really tired of seeing everyone with their iphones. Not that I am jealous, I just hate following trends and like to be unique and different.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    apple makes some great products as I hear. But I just prefer something else. I don't know why, apple is just unattractive to me. Maybe it is because everyone has a freakin ipod or iphone. I got really tired of seeing everyone with their iphones. Not that I am jealous, I just hate following trends and like to be unique and different.
    i feel the same way.....also feel the same about blackberries i dont like them bc everyone has them (my opinion)
    Are you saying if we were a family of iPod users (using iTunes) that we would need a computer for each iPod?
    I sync two iPhones and one iPod touch to one computer right now.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i feel the same way.....also feel the same about blackberries i dont like them bc everyone has them (my opinion)
    It's not when everyone has a better product that it bugs me- its when everyone has something that isn't superior and they act like it is. Apple is a great company, they make some great products, but I can't stand when someone has an apple product and sings its praises b/c its apple. Like something b/c it is good, not because Steve Jobs tells you to.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    That is correct.
    No that is not correct. Multiple iPods can connect to the same PC or Mac.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I've never tried to sync my Pre with iTunes so Im not missing much here. I own 2 Macs and love both of them, but all the music I bought on iTunes is DRM anyway so it wouldn't go to the Pre if I wanted it to.

Plus I still have an Ipod anyway.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    APPLE IS MICROSOFT's EVIL TWIN
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I actually like the blackberry as it is more of a man's phone and is great for business purposes. I think I hate the iphone because it is a toy and more for kids.

I just had to choose the pre because of the multitasking feature. I don't know what I would do without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    I actually like the blackberry as it is more of a man's phone and is great for business purposes. I think I hate the iphone because it is a toy and more for kids.

I just had to choose the pre because of the multitasking feature. I don't know what I would do without it.
    agree....
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    No that is not correct. Multiple iPods can connect to the same PC or Mac.
    Yes, it is not correct. My cousins both sync their different Nanos to the same library. Also, the way older iPod I keep hooked to my car's iPod jack is synced to the same computer I sync my regular iPod. One device per computer is not the same as one computer per device. I use iTunes regularly (have Cake playing through it right now), and have since iTunes 1 on my first iBook. It's been the de facto player on a Mac since OS X, and in it's original form - Cassidy and Greene's SoundJam MP - was the standard in OS 9. Sure, I've been an iPod person since the Gen 1s, but I was using iTunes before Apple even announced the iPod.

Rant aside, I'm not sorry to see it go since I never intended on using my Pre as a music player. 8Gb isn't enough to hold my library, and I've become fanatical about having my whole library with me or none at all. I trial-synced the Pre and loaded a few playlists, but the novelty wore off, especially once I realized what state the current music app is in (un-done). So, I'm don't really care as the OP asked, but probably for the opposite reason as any other respondant.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Meh...

Still works for me. I always set iTunes to not check for updates. So still on 8.2. And will be till it doesn't do something I need...at which point I'll switch to something that works with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    I hate Itunes and this gives me a reason to uninstall it. Thanks Apple for helping me make more room on my hard drive.

I do wish someone could figure out how to sync with Microsoft Zune though!

Anyone else use Zune?
    Apple and I have had issues since it was created (trust me, at age 6 I wanted to throw a glass of milk at my friends mac, which were even more god awful then)

Zune all the way. I wish they could sync with Zune but I'm pretty freakin' stoked for the Zune HD. Maybe they could just make a zune app?! I could settle for that.
    when I spent 75 bucks on itunes music and tried to burn a mp3 cd... it was DRM that stopped me. WTH!

So I decided to never use it again. I download and buy from amazon all the time because at least I still have my liberty with them.
    Forget about Itunes. I synced to Itunes the first day I got my Pre, then wondered why I didn't just drag and drop..... I haven't used Itunes in weeks now...(four to be exact!)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Lot of rationalizing going on
    Maybe a *little* bit or rationalizing, but certainly not a *lot". Most of us really don't consider this very high on the priority list. Many who do want to sync music seem to prefer another program anyway.

BTW: Does your username mean that you are a fan of the WebOS multi-tasking metaphor? (I really like that too! :-)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast