Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I searched but cannot find any references in these forums. What's the blond Palm Pre lady in this commercial talking about?

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    When a meeting notification comes up, and the meeting has invitees (see below), one of the option is to send all invitees an e-mail that says that you'll be late.

This only works if you're syncing with a calendar that supports invitees. There is no way to do this on the Pre, itself. The meeting had to originate in a supported calendar system.

Before release, there was a rumor that this would happen automatically based on GPS. Not true, at least not now.
    If Classic evolves with a Sync feature, would Dbk6 appointments linked to contacts allow those late notifications?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayenberg View Post
    If Classic evolves with a Sync feature, would Dbk6 appointments linked to contacts allow those late notifications?
    Impossible to know, since you're talking about a feature (Classic syncing with the Pre apps) that does not exist and, so far, no one has said that they are working on.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, or won't.

Now, if such a feature existed, it would require whoever writes it to be able to also sync attendees. If I recall correctly, there is no concept of attendees in the PalmOS calendar database. That feature is handled by tagged notes in DateBk6 and Agendus. So, not only will someone need to write a sync feature, but they would need to write it specifically for DateBk6. In theory, at least according to the guy that wrote DateBk6, his tags are proprietary and no one is supposed to be able to know how they work. Of course, reverse engineering is possible...
    Thank you Squeff
    Those things are hard to figure out; the Pre will remain virtual for long monthes for lot of people living in forgotten places of world like me...
    This was one of the things Roger McNamee said the Pre could do but it really couldn't.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    When a meeting notification comes up, and the meeting has invitees (see below), one of the option is to send all invitees an e-mail that says that you'll be late.

This only works if you're syncing with a calendar that supports invitees. There is no way to do this on the Pre, itself. The meeting had to originate in a supported calendar system.
    So what calendars support this feature?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    So what calendars support this feature?
    Google calendar. Outlook/Exchange.