Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just used the nav on a very long trip (1200 miles). It appeared to "pause" on calls, but my calls weren't very long, so that wasn't an issue.

But one thing I DID notice was that nav seems to be a huge battery drain. So huge that my car charger (sprint one) couldn't seem to keep up... the battery actually drained a little while I was using nav in fullscreen mode with the charger connected!

I wound up leaving nav minimized or just closing it while I was on the longer stretches of my trip... I was glad to see how easy they make it to return to a previous nav location.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennigrace View Post
    I just used the nav on a very long trip (1200 miles). It appeared to "pause" on calls, but my calls weren't very long, so that wasn't an issue.

But one thing I DID notice was that nav seems to be a huge battery drain. So huge that my car charger (sprint one) couldn't seem to keep up... the battery actually drained a little while I was using nav in fullscreen mode with the charger connected!

I wound up leaving nav minimized or just closing it while I was on the longer stretches of my trip... I was glad to see how easy they make it to return to a previous nav location.
    Not that I have a Pre, but on various other devices, problems with charging while using navigation is often a heat issue. The device internally gets too hot for charging while pulling so much data to update maps. Next time you think the device is not able to keep up with charging, put the back of your Pre against a car AC vent to cool it down. See if that helps. If it does, you have an issue with heat, which is common with various devices.
    Someone mentions heat issues with Navigation and using the car AC vent in this thread.

Honestly, with my Touch Pro, outside of summer months when I have the car AC on, I have a cold pack I use to keep it cool.
    The other day I used Nav and streaming radio at the same time and they both worked flawlessly... not sure about nav and phonecalls tho
    The phone did get very hot while I was using the nav. Interesting. Not sure how I could get it close enough to an AC vent to make a difference, but that's good to know.
    Yep, Nav and phone charger will cause excessive heat. AC vents did help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennigrace View Post
    Not sure how I could get it close enough to an AC vent to make a difference, but that's good to know.
    Just place the back of it against an AC vent and it will cool it well enough. Or you could get a car holder for your Pre that mounts on a vent.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12