1.    #1  
    I already syncd my music when I first got the phone. I only updated itunes to use the video store since their rental library has a lot of titles. Other than that I don't use itunes. I was going to add 4 more songs this weekend but I guess I won't be. Interesting how this happened after I updated itunes for the first time yesdterday.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Really ?

LINK
  3.    #3  
    What do you mean?
    wow. i guess itunes was the only thing we could use to put music on our phones.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    you can put music on your pre by putting it in usb mode not as cool as using itunes though.
    itunes is crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    wow. i guess itunes was the only thing we could use to put music on our phones.
    Its ok technoviking, I caught that sarcasm. And I also know that you don't dance to the music, the music dances to you.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    This is B.S.

I personally hate iTunes with a passion, but blocking the Pre from using their software is wrong. This is anti-competition and they're even shooting their own digital sales in the foot. What if Microsoft made it so you could only use Zunes in Windows? I'm pretty sure that Apple would be crying foul on that one.

As a positive, it stops people from using that bloatware, known as iTunes. Drag and drop FTW.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Tada!!!

ita.sourceforge.net - iTunes Agent

Sorry for no hyperlink. I'm new and they don't trust me yet!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have gotten winamp to sync to the pre when the pre is put in media mode. You can then copy playlists over. You can import the itunes library into winamp very easily. To import playlists you have export to xml and then convert the playlist to m3u (I used iTunesExport.UI-1.5).

I still have itunes installed for two ipods and winamp competes for attention. For instance winamp temporarily sees the pre and then itunes starts. Then itunes takes the focus and winamp no longer sees it. Then the Pre drops into charging mode. If I click on the tiny usb symbol in the corner of the pre, it give you the option connect as a USB drive. Then winamp can see it again. Once winamp can see the pre, you can transfer winamp playlists.

Oddly enough, if I initially connects the pre in usb mode, winamp can't see it. It only seems to work if I start in media mode and then revert to usb mode later. I imagine it would work well if you don't have itunes installed.

I am irritated at Apple for being so strong armed in their tactics. It looks like winamp will do the job just as well. If I didn't have other ipods I would drop itunes. I am definitely avoiding future Apple products.

I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    itunes is crap.
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrscott View Post
    I have gotten winamp to sync to the pre when the pre is put in media mode. You can then copy playlists over. You can import the itunes library into winamp very easily. To import playlists you have export to xml and then convert the playlist to m3u (I used iTunesExport.UI-1.5).

I still have itunes installed for two ipods and winamp competes for attention. For instance winamp temporarily sees the pre and then itunes starts. Then itunes takes the focus and winamp no longer sees it. Then the Pre drops into charging mode. If I click on the tiny usb symbol in the corner of the pre, it give you the option connect as a USB drive. Then winamp can see it again. Once winamp can see the pre, you can transfer winamp playlists.

Oddly enough, if I initially connects the pre in usb mode, winamp can't see it. It only seems to work if I start in media mode and then revert to usb mode later. I imagine it would work well if you don't have itunes installed.

I am irritated at Apple for being so strong armed in their tactics. It looks like winamp will do the job just as well. If I didn't have other ipods I would drop itunes. I am definitely avoiding future Apple products.

I hope this helps.
    Good Point. Apple used to be the renegade company. They had the "we're different and unique" mentality, but not anymore. Not after they pull stunts like this. Within a couple years Apple will get some major backlash. And lets not forget they've been striking out lately (new ipod shuffle, apple tv)
    "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    Mike Tyson
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am going to have to give songbird a try. It looks like it might do the job as well and it looks like it is more organized than winamp.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I installed songbird and tried it out but I still like winamp better.
    1. Winamp sounds better than songbird. Not sure why this would be.
    2. Importing the same playlists that I imported into winamp caused the 1st entries data to be corrupted. Might be the import program I used but winamp doesn't have a problem with it.
    3. There seems to be duplicates songs from the library import.
    4. Syncing to the pre seems trickier than winamp. I have the same competition with itunes but I haven't figured how to get songbird to sync up with the pre reliably. The same trick that I used with winamp doesn't work.
    5. Not all of the album art seems to have made it with the library import.

I do like the interface better. Perhaps it reminds me of itunes? I also like all of the artist and song info at the bottom.