Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
    Considering theres no original source, just some random email, don't hold your breath.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    sounds neat... but no one really knows until word comes from PALM

edit: thanks though, it's always fun reading stuff like this rather than reading about people complaining about the same crap over and over
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    "Palm Pre Battery Performance "

heck yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    "Palm Pre Battery Performance "

heck yeah
    Sorry, man. It just means that the battery will do a little dance for you, and then crap out.
    Another meh update.

Exchange support is nice for those that need it but shouldn't have been so fubar out of the box.

Its also most likely legit engadget and Precentral posted news on if a few days ago. Nothing major except exchange enhancements. Palm better get their **** together quicker or at least open up communication with users and let us know what is coming.

As it stands now they are worse than apple at least with them you get the beta releases and a good idea of what is getting worked on. With Palm they haven't even acknowledged or said a ****ing word.
    If the short-battery problem can be fixed by software, great, but claiming the battery already fits "perfectly" is laughable. If it did, then the paper-shim solution wouldn't have done anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Considering theres no original source, just some random email, don't hold your breath.
    I did some googling and figured out this appears to be from a young/carefree gentleman who apparenty works in an Atlanta area corporate Sprint store. So the next thing to do is to, is for some of you diehards who have good relationships with the Pre advocate in your local store to "talk this up" and see if you can corroborate the story.

PS: The dude has a baby on the way. I hope he won't get in trouble for the leak (so I don't want to post the URLs. They're easy enough to find.)
    Last edited by sudoer; 07/15/2009 at 05:22 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    i can confirm that the information is correct. i got the same email but i dont think we're supposed to be releasing the info to the public.....
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    i can confirm that the information is correct. i got the same email but i dont think we're supposed to be releasing the info to the public.....
    Why not??? No harm, No foul.
    From that post: "Palm Pre Battery Performance

Never place a piece of paper or other material into the battery well of the

Palm Pre or any Sprint device.

The Palm Pre battery fits perfectly in the device and adding a piece of piece

of paper will not improve device performance."

Yeah, well the day I was inspired to finally put a piece of paper on the battery, the phone shut down on me 2 times in 1 hour. How many times has the phone shut down on me since then? (about 3 weeks) NONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    why not? people want to know.
    Exactly. That is very stupid reasoning. Sprint does not have an NDA with you all, and it is just a simple email sent over normal means. You can go ahead and release the email.
    I call BS. The email looks like it was written by a teenager. Its not difficult for people to post "I got the email too". That and it could be a big prank.
    That gives them a week to defeat Apple's iTunes 8.2.1 which removes Pre syncing....
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    I call BS. The email looks like it was written by a teenager. Its not difficult for people to post "I got the email too". That and it could be a big prank.
    It looks like it lost all of its formatting, so all of the apparent breaks and shifts in topic would probably make sense if it was organized correctly.

Since this makes no mention of the improvements that we know are coming to webOS 1.1.0, either this is an incomplete list of the changelog to webOS 1.1.0, or this is an incremental release before that (webOS 1.0.5?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    It looks like it lost all of its formatting, so all of the apparent breaks and shifts in topic would probably make sense if it was organized correctly.

Since this makes no mention of the improvements that we know are coming to webOS 1.1.0, either this is an incomplete list of the changelog to webOS 1.1.0, or this is an incremental release before that (webOS 1.0.5?).
    I'm not talking about the format...

"Issue is being worked" Being worked?

"SMS - Timestamp 24 time capability" 24 time? 24 hour.

"battery well" what the hell is a battery well? Battery compartment maybe

Just seems someone took well known info (from 1.1 release) and put together some fake email. I'm not saying we won't see a release next week but whatever features are in it and when it comes out has nothing to do with this BS email.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Emoticons..... that should brighten up the text messages a bit!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    For what it is worth, today I was in a Sprint store doing an exchange and the manager told me there would be a new update on 7/22. Then I came home and saw this thread. It could be a coincidence, but who knows.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast