Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 250
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Seriously. I put the update icon on the quick launch for today
    Haha now that is priceless!
  2. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    thats it?
    yup. I've been busy. If I could have, I should have wrote a script to load onto my Pre, and click on the update icon every 5 minutes to see if anything is out there.

    But someone here will post it anyways, and I'll download it then.
  3. #163  
    Feels like a few days before launch day. I've spent more time on this board and on the update app than off them today. Whoever posted the 22nd as the release day should be fired for my lack of productivity
  4. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #164  
    <sigh> - I want this to hurry up and come out as I suspect the apps are being held up by this..

    Think about it.. the SDK that's out there now requires WebOS 1.1.. (hince the comics app in the homebrew didn't work on the pre, but did in the emulator) - I betcha many of the app writers are coding to the sdk 1.1 standards which doesn't work w/ what we have now - hince the holdup..

    just my $.02
    -mark
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    <sigh> - I want this to hurry up and come out as I suspect the apps are being held up by this..

    Think about it.. the SDK that's out there now requires WebOS 1.1.. (hince the comics app in the homebrew didn't work on the pre, but did in the emulator) - I betcha many of the app writers are coding to the sdk 1.1 standards which doesn't work w/ what we have now - hince the holdup..

    just my $.02
    -mark
    That's an interesting theory. I hope it proves true.
  6. #166  
    There is not going to be an update today.

    Just my $.02
  7. #167  
    That is probably true Jedisrus. I have been waiting for the Shortcovers update since I bought my Pre on 6/6. I emailed Shortcovers, and today I finally received their reply stating that they now have an update, but cannot release it because they are waiting on the new Webos update to be released sometime. The Shortcovers update will only work on Webos 1.1.
  8. Hook_em's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    <sigh> - I want this to hurry up and come out as I suspect the apps are being held up by this..

    Think about it.. the SDK that's out there now requires WebOS 1.1.. (hince the comics app in the homebrew didn't work on the pre, but did in the emulator) - I betcha many of the app writers are coding to the sdk 1.1 standards which doesn't work w/ what we have now - hince the holdup..

    just my $.02
    -mark
    Hence
  9. #169  
    I think it will just be here when it gets here. Until then lets see some more photoshopped pics. I need another good laugh.
  10. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #170  
    I think it will be out on 7/24. My reasoning is that the Pre will force an update install after a week. New apps, probably requiring 1.1 will be out on 8/1, so Palm will want everybody updated by then.
  11. #171  
    How did this 7/22 update come about? I know the 1.1 update was coming, but who rumored 7/22?
  12. millsam89's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    How did this 7/22 update come about? I know the 1.1 update was coming, but who rumored 7/22?
    See initial post.
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsam89 View Post
    See initial post.

    You mean the initial post without a strong source as to why 7/22 is the deployment date?
  14. #174  
    where's the update?
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiewill View Post
    where's the update?
    Give it 3 mins till 5pm

    haha yeaaa right
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhughes86 View Post
    Give it 3 mins till 5pm

    haha yeaaa right
    Palm is in California, so they have 3 hours until 5PM. And I could be mistaken but I remember 1.0.3 being released late in the evening. That doesn't mean anything for this update, just pointing it out.
  17. #177  
    I guess we just have to hurry up and wait.

    *crickets*

    *car crash*
  18. millsam89's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    You mean the initial post without a strong source as to why 7/22 is the deployment date?
    That would be the one!
  19. #179  
    If it does not come today be of good cheer. I am very confident we will have some sort of update within the next 924 days.
  20. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihm9497 View Post
    That is probably true Jedisrus. I have been waiting for the Shortcovers update since I bought my Pre on 6/6. I emailed Shortcovers, and today I finally received their reply stating that they now have an update, but cannot release it because they are waiting on the new Webos update to be released sometime. The Shortcovers update will only work on Webos 1.1.
    Hope this means a flood of new apps as well....

Posting Permissions