Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I just re-read the post in the other forum and it isnt what it appears to be. There is no Battery Performance update, I will copy/paste his information and correct it:

Palm Pre Updates

Demo phones on display

* Steps are being taken to remove the demo software.

* The demo software will automatically be removed with the next OTA SW

update (available on or near 7/22/09).

Email formatting issue

*Issue is being worked. A fix will be available in a future software update.

Improvements coming with next OTA software update

*Facebook friends will sync with your PC and your Palm Pre

*Picture messaging enhancements

*EAS email support that allows an IP address input

*Ampersand and other symbols can be used in web application input

*SMS will be able to see all "To" contact properties

*Emoticon support

*SMS - Timestamp 24 time capability

*YouTube search / enter key enables searches

*Removes the On Device Demo from retail display units

Palm Pre Battery Performance

*Never place a piece of paper or other material into the battery well of the

Palm Pre or any Sprint device.

*The Palm Pre battery fits perfectly in the device and adding a piece of piece

of paper will not improve device performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhawksr1 View Post
    Sorry D but you're wrong here. I worked for Sprint for 12 years and signed a few NDAs in my time there. While this type of internal communication likely isn't covered under a specific NDA, it is proprietary information likely marked for internal use only. Any misuse of internal info is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Sprint invested thousands of dollars to train associates on this policy and when I was there we had to certify (via electronic signature) our awareness of it and commitment to it annually.
    I hate KU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    From that post: "Palm Pre Battery Performance

Never place a piece of paper or other material into the battery well of the

The Palm Pre battery fits perfectly in the device and adding a piece of piece

of paper will not improve device performance."

Yeah, well the day I was inspired to finally put a piece of paper on the battery, the phone shut down on me 2 times in 1 hour. How many times has the phone shut down on me since then? (about 3 weeks) NONE.
    Likewise.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Likewise.
    the paper trick worked in older phones after the battery contacts would sink.

In this update, they are basically saying that the battery sucks and if your phone shuts off then its because of software issues - so paper wont solve anything.
    No, I think this means that if the battery loses contact when closing the slider, they have to acknowledge a manufacturing defect and would be required to exchange the battery or the Pre. There's no way they could make the paper shim an official solution. (Though it seemed to work for me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    I don't know if this helps or not but can't you create your special character in a memo then copy and paste it into the web browser where needed? Obviously this isn't ideal but may be a workaround.
    I like your thinking (I had the exact same idea) But you can't paste into the browser (yet). But I'd settle for that in an upgrade.
    Long Live Palm
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    I like your thinking (I had the exact same idea) But you can't paste into the browser (yet). But I'd settle for that in an upgrade.
    Yes. You can paste into text fields in the browser. You cannot copy from non text fields though. I just tried it and had no problems pasting into a web browser.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed
    does anyone else think the list of updates sound lame?

you would think that with the SDK out now that they would be releasing betas like the iphone so that all the developers don't waste time making apps that's going to crash with newer versions. at least in that way people can get wind of new releases on the way when the betas are out.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    does anyone else think the list of updates sound lame?

you would think that with the SDK out now that they would be releasing betas like the iphone so that all the developers don't waste time making apps that's going to crash with newer versions. at least in that way people can get wind of new releases on the way when the betas are out.
    This has got to be one of the most difficult to understand posts I've seen on here, but I think I finally figured it out.

You do understand, that the SDK HAS the new OS on it, right?
    [edited]
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Whenever showing disatisfaction at things that don't exist I like to remember three things

1. This is a brand new OS
      The device has been out less than two months
      Is Palm behind or ahead of where the other PDA manufacturers were at this stage of their maturity

There are things we all would assume are given but the complaint of waiting for the device to have all these things would have been just as loud.

Its a simple decision for me now
    I will buy the iPhone 3GS if the PIM is not up to par or doesn't look like it will get there by the time I can get one in Australia. Otherwise I will be buying a PRE the minute it hits these shores as I absolutely love the device.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    From that post: "Palm Pre Battery Performance

Never place a piece of paper or other material into the battery well of the

The Palm Pre battery fits perfectly in the device and adding a piece of piece

of paper will not improve device performance."

Yeah, well the day I was inspired to finally put a piece of paper on the battery, the phone shut down on me 2 times in 1 hour. How many times has the phone shut down on me since then? (about 3 weeks) NONE.
    I currently have a good wad of electrical tape (not paper - the battery gets hot when it is on the Touchstone!) shoved into the top between the battery and well wall - the battery doesn't move the tiniest bit whereas before it could move a little bit. The phone has still turned off on me once or twice when I accidentally closed the keyboard a smidge too hard (the strong mechanism pulled they keyboard out of my control).

Perhaps the phone's software has some sort of feature that turns the phone off when it is dropped or something? Pre-wad of tape in the battery, when I did move the battery the little bit it could move, the phone never did turn off on me then. It has only ever turned off a few times when the battery door is closed too hard (them springs are a little too good!) and once when I placed my phone down on a hard surface (granite) a little too hard (it was a fire alarm with smoke emergency, so I was rushing around ... unfortunately I also need to USE the phone but it went and turned off, which was not good! Thankfully, I had a landline to use).
    @PreNewz: Palm WebOS update (v 1.1) may be releasing this week. We'll send an update once it's been confirmed!

this is a tweet i got couple minutes ago....hopefully its tru
    And you know what an SDK or devkit is right you tool?

It's basically a set of tools, guidelines, coding for developers to follow in creating apps.

The OS that came with the SDK... do you know it's the latest beta that's being discussed in this thread? No you don't know you tool. That's why I brung up the comment of the beta... if it's out, you think the developers would have it first and we would hear from them and not have to guess if there really is a new version out and maybe eliminate posts like these. But you just have to make smart *** comments.

I don't know if there is a beta out... this thread didnt comfirm it. If there was then I would have appreciated someone pointing it out and maybe showing me the thread [edited]

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This has got to be one of the most difficult to understand posts I've seen on here, but I think I finally figured it out.

You do understand, that the SDK HAS the new OS on it, right?
    [edited]
    Are those the words 12 year olds are using these days?
    "is right you tool" and "brung" have brought up some serious doubts about the standard of education in America.

Why can't we stay on topic?

I sure hope we see an update soon. Even if it appeases at least a few people.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    i can confirm that the information is correct. i got the same email but i dont think we're supposed to be releasing the info to the public.....
    This isn't public. You're all phone-geeks here...
    Apple doesnt say a word either... but they do release betas to developers after they are done with it to help find issues with their changes as well as let the developers in on new changes and features that may benefit them as well as test the beta to make sure their apps dont crash either once it officially out.

I guess it's no big deal to Palm now because there are only 30 apps out... but this seems to be a major disconnect between Palm and developers and hope they do work in similiar fashion that Apple is with their developers once the apps start rolling in or find people upset at their apps crashing after every update and having to wait for the developers to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    As it stands now they are worse than apple at least with them you get the beta releases and a good idea of what is getting worked on. With Palm they haven't even acknowledged or said a ****ing word.
    Last edited by donm527; 07/19/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    LOL... I was surprised I used the word 'tool' also... but if the person fits the description . And give me a break on the spelling... I was pissed and normally do not bother with pre-fanboys but those posts get tiring also and those are the ones that take posts off comments.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Are those the words 12 year olds are using these days?
    "is right you tool" and "brung" have brought up some serious doubts about the standard of education in America.

Why can't we stay on topic?

I sure hope we see an update soon. Even if it appeases at least a few people.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've haven't updated iTunes yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by davbaugh View Post
    Yeah, I've haven't updated iTunes yet...
    And you shouldnt have to. I saw all those post of people complaining of losing iTunes but as long as you download and go back to a working version, why would you ever have to upgrade iTunes and you'll always have use of it.

Honestly... they update itunes maybe half a dozen times a year at least and has anyone really ever noticed a difference between versions? So stick with the older version and you should be fine.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast