Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I don't know whether to believe this or not. No one doubts the update is coming its just the accuracy of this data (i.e. date and what it contains)

However the original information highlighted on this site http://www.precentral.net/webos-110-palm-pre-confirmed did not call out battery or email formatting improvements. If this source is reliable then you would have assumed the new APPS listed in the original leak from the link above would have included some information on these.

I hope it is correct however as fixing email formatting is an absolute necessity
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    I hope so. At the very least I would say by the end of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I did some googling and figured out this appears to be from a young/carefree gentleman who apparenty works in an Atlanta area corporate Sprint store. So the next thing to do is to, is for some of you diehards who have good relationships with the Pre advocate in your local store to "talk this up" and see if you can corroborate the story.
    This past weekend I was at my local Sprint Store (San Jose, CA) and 3 of the Sprint Reps there told me the next software update will a big one and it will be released before the end of the month. They didn't really tell me the details, but they said this update will fix a lot of issues. I asked them if they have any memo or anything to back this up and they said I just missed him 30 minutes ago. A Palm Rep was there 30 minutes before I got there and they said he sounded very excited about this next update. All he could tell them is that it's going to be a major update and it will make a lot of Pre owners happy.

I was kind of skeptical at first, but after seeing that thread from SprintUsers, I'm starting to believe the next update will be the one we've all been waiting for. <crossing fingers>
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Exactly. That is very stupid reasoning. Sprint does not have an NDA with you all, and it is just a simple email sent over normal means. You can go ahead and release the email.
    Sorry D but you're wrong here. I worked for Sprint for 12 years and signed a few NDAs in my time there. While this type of internal communication likely isn't covered under a specific NDA, it is proprietary information likely marked for internal use only. Any misuse of internal info is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Sprint invested thousands of dollars to train associates on this policy and when I was there we had to certify (via electronic signature) our awareness of it and commitment to it annually.
    Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
    Total BS that the battery fits perfectly, thats pretty much insulting, i.e dont **** on my shoes and tell me its raining.
    I'm ready for any update but I hope it's more than a security update to make the Pre more attractive to enterprise customers.
    Oh, Please, Please let it be true!!! I need special characters in the browser so I can check work e-mails via OWA. (I don't want to receive all of them, I just want to be able to take a quick peek at them from time to time)
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    ...............they said he sounded very excited about this next update. All he could tell them is that it's going to be a major update and it will make a lot of Pre owners happy.

..........I'm starting to believe the next update will be the one we've all been waiting for. <crossing fingers>
    OH NO YOU DID'T JUST SAY THAT !

You do realise you have just lifted the expectaions of many folk and there is only one way for their expectations to go once the update comes out (regardless of how good it is).

I do have a way you can make up for your enthusiastic outpouring...

Please go back in time, warn people that you are going to say something major and give them the opportunity to look away before you announce.

or

Get a collection of logon id's on this site and start posting negative, pessimistic data about the update - its called expectation management.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i hope this update includes Yahoo synergy & messenger...
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhawksr1 View Post
    Sorry D but you're wrong here. I worked for Sprint for 12 years and signed a few NDAs in my time there. While this type of internal communication likely isn't covered under a specific NDA, it is proprietary information likely marked for internal use only. Any misuse of internal info is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Sprint invested thousands of dollars to train associates on this policy and when I was there we had to certify (via electronic signature) our awareness of it and commitment to it annually.
    Who said the people who got this email were employees?
    I just think the Battery issue is a Don't do this give them a replacement battery ( remember they do have a new batch of batteries now) , You get into a bunch of liability issues when ever you alter any type of power source and putting a piece of paper to take up slack is doing just that.

As for the Update who knows we will see when it comes.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    From that post: "Palm Pre Battery Performance

Never place a piece of paper or other material into the battery well of the

Palm Pre or any Sprint device.

The Palm Pre battery fits perfectly in the device and adding a piece of piece

of paper will not improve device performance."

Yeah, well the day I was inspired to finally put a piece of paper on the battery, the phone shut down on me 2 times in 1 hour. How many times has the phone shut down on me since then? (about 3 weeks) NONE.
    I had the same issue (the Pre would shut down whenever the slider closed too hard) and it's a well documented issue. You should be able to get your Pre replaced.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    Oh, Please, Please let it be true!!! I need special characters in the browser so I can check work e-mails via OWA. (I don't want to receive all of them, I just want to be able to take a quick peek at them from time to time)
    I don't know if this helps or not but can't you create your special character in a memo then copy and paste it into the web browser where needed? Obviously this isn't ideal but may be a workaround.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Who said the people who got this email were employees?
    Read post #8.
    I absolutely guarantee that we will have the next update within 12 months.

Actually, I hope TR30 is correct and that this will be some super duper update. The more they can give us the better it will be!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Emoticons..... that should brighten up the text messages a bit!
    Yea, that would be kinda nice to have.

Completely off topic question for you Manny.. What year z28 do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, that would be kinda nice to have.

Completely off topic question for you Manny.. What year z28 do you have?
    Looks like an SS to me Unless he just put the SS hood on or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Looks like an SS to me Unless he just put the SS hood on or something...
    Oh, I was using the mobile version of the forums and didn't see his pic. I prefer the third gen camaros like mine =) I have a 92.

Back on track tho, i'm looking forward to this update. If it doesn't end up happening, I don't mind waiting for 1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhawksr1 View Post
    you are correct. not to mention, this is in every email/pdf that i get:

Sprint Confidential Information - Restricted for internal use only. SPRINT, the “Going Forward” logo, the NEXTEL name and logo, and other trademarks are trademarks of Sprint Nextel.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast