Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    I had to get my phone reset in the store today and the store rep said an update is coming middle of next month. He helped me soft reset (hold power, flick the hold button on and off 3 times, and let go of the power button) which finally got my phone working.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    This is good news!
    why are people disappointed?...did sprint or palm promise us an update today?
    I'm dissapointed no update today but more annoyed because I'm almost certain that they are holding back new apps until 1.1. is released since that is what the SDK is based on. Sucks.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    This really stinks! I was hoping the update would be the cure all to my pre's less than stellar battery life.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    The guy who spend 2 minutes in photoshop making that July 22nd sheet is laughing his *** off right now..
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    I'm dissapointed no update today but more annoyed because I'm almost certain that they are holding back new apps until 1.1. is released since that is what the SDK is based on. Sucks.
    Remember, that's only if the applications are using 1.1 features. I can run my developed 1.1 applications on my 1.0.4 device.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Even so, there is probably another version of the App Catalog coming too. I cannot believe that none of the supposed 100's in the original early access program have not had anything to release in over a month, not to mention those admitted to the later early access program.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    The guy who spend 2 minutes in photoshop making that July 22nd sheet is laughing his *** off right now..
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    Even so, there is probably another version of the App Catalog coming too. I cannot believe that none of the supposed 100's in the original early access program have not had anything to release in over a month, not to mention those admitted to the later early access program.
    tru
    The 22nd may be a completely made up date. But Palm did say they'd have a fix for the exchange issue within 60 days and this was right around the launch week. That only gives them a few more weeks to make good on their promise. Also, 1.1 is what the emulator in the SDK is running, so we know it's coming soon and it seems weird to release it with the SDK but not to the handsets.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I got the email, around july 22nd
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    i wanna c the email can u send it to me?
    Don't the updates show up on a Friday?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    You can't just say, "I got an e-mail." Back it up with proof.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Don't the updates show up on a Friday?
    most have so far except the click to install fix
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    In positive news, that's one more day until IT remote-wipes my device because I hooked it into corporate email without asking permission first
    Well, they either don't care, or they are too stupid to go into active directory and turn off the ability. They would be wrong to wipe your device (although from my perspective, it is funny). If they don't want it available, disable the service.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    Well, they either don't care, or they are too stupid to go into active directory and turn off the ability. They would be wrong to wipe your device (although from my perspective, it is funny). If they don't want it available, disable the service.

Dave
    Our policy is, if you hook your device into our AD network, then we have the right to wipe it out if it compromises our policies. Due to all the regulations we have to follow, it makes us have to be a bit harsh on that. But we don't enable AS for everyone, just for certain users (it's a case by case basis). So far, I'm the only in the company who has tied their Pre to the AS, but that's cause that's what I do.. test stuff.. Plus I'm the on the team who set us up with ActiveSync. (It's good to be the king).
    I received the following email on 7/13 with regard to ongoing discussions about the enterprise release, as I cannot purchase the phone without the Exchange security fixes. The release will be within the next 20 days, given the "should".

The update is still on plan. It should be within the next 30 days or so.

Jim Dudenhoefer
    Regional Manager - US Business Sales
    Palm, Inc.
    jim.dudenhoefer@palm.com

Learn more about your Palm Pre, Treo, or Centro at our Free Interactive Learning Site: Welcome to Palm Self-Paced Learning Guides
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast