1.    #1  
    I've used Visors, Palm PDAs, Clies and Treos and I would like you to read some good things about the Palm Pre that you probably don't read that often here at PreCentral.

1. Stability: The Pre is rock solid! I've had it since day one and I've install almost all 30 programs from the App store including every single homebrew out there. I have google calendar, contacts, email, gtalk, aol, facebook. Pretty much using every single feature from the Palm Pre. And after more than 30 days not a single sudden reset or freezes.

2. Top of the line Web browser: If you had a PalmOS Treo you know what I'm talking about. Surfing the web has always been a challenge for the Treo. On the Pre everything loads FAST! It doesn't matter how fancy the site is you will get there.

3. Make phone calls and browse the web at the same time: Yes, it is possible if you have WiFi turned on and available you can make a phone call and do both things at the same time. The other day I was on the phone call and somebody was sending me an email while we were on the phone. The email came up and I was reading it while still using the phone.

4. Share and view different calendars from your Pre: If you are using google calendar and other people share their calendar with you, then you can see it from your Pre. I have these calendars: Presonal, Work, Wife, Dad and soon my kids. All of them synching.

5. The built in screen capture is priceless: pressing Orange + Sym + P will make a picture of your screen and save it in your photos. This is just amazing.

There are other things that just will blow you away and I'm pretty happy with my Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    +1 for stability, multi-tasking, notifications (boss), and a buttersmooth OS
    Oh No! a Happy Thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    1. Stability: The Pre is rock solid! I've had it since day one and I've install almost all 30 programs from the App store including every single homebrew out there. I have google calendar, contacts, email, gtalk, aol, facebook. Pretty much using every single feature from the Palm Pre. And after more than 30 days not a single sudden reset or freezes.
    Thanks for the review, however, just remember it is webOS running on the Pre, not the pre itself, that makes for a good user expierence -- hardware issues aside.
    Last edited by Clack; 07/15/2009 at 06:52 PM.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Thanks for the positive post!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Oh No! a Happy Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Thanks for the review, however, just remember it is webOS running on the Pre, not the pre itself, that makes for a good user expierence -- hardware issues asside.
    Berd - Spoke too soon!
    I definitely agree!

Unlike the 700p debacle that ruined Palm's image, this Pre and the webOS is handling its own! I am repeatedly reminded about how far Palm has come when I switch apps (especially when theyre open) and truly multitask. That is my favorite feature by far...and it does it WELL! The notifications are also awesome!
    #4 is saving my marriage.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Thanks for the upbeat post! I've got a Pre speeding on its little overnight way to me even as we speak - here's hoping its problem-free. Really looking forward to something more usable than my 755p!
    I love just about everything about this phone.Hardware issues and minor complaints about features or behaviors of some of the built-in apps, I continue to find joy in using this phone.

There are a ton of features or capabilities I enjoy, but if I were to name one that is well known, but not touted often enough, it would have to be ease with which people seem to be able to create new apps or port existing JavaScript apps to work with the WebOS. It has been hardly a month since it was first rooted and people began to get in there and figure out how the thing worked, and already we have more HomeBrew apps than official ones. And some of them are solid! I really think there is a chance to give the iPhone a run for it's money in the shear number of apps available, once they open up the SDK to the public.
    It also seems to have bluetooth that works (without having to pay extra for SoftKick Audio Gateway if you want stereo)!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I defenitly agree with all of these points. I know alot of people get concerned with some lags and what not, however I have had anipod touch since 2.0 and my friends have iphones and they all froze soooo much, I've had plenty of random resets on my itouch. My pre has never froze or reset. There's issues sure its a 1.0 but its an amazing 1.0!
  13.    #13  
    Since it seems like analyst are making stories out of Precentral threads, I was wondering why can't they make one about this one?? Seriously.. can they focus on the positive side...?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    People wonder why so many negative posts. Well for one, we all want the best so they point out the problems. It is easier to be a critic than a cheerleader. I got mine on opening day. It has tiny twist, been dropped 3 times and i get a semi every time an update comes out. I like the phone. Have been with Sprint for 10 years. This is my first smart phone. I am a cop and I depend on my phone a lot. And it was a big purchase for me. I don't make big bucks fighting crime. I baby it more than I did my flip phones. So far I am pleased with it. So +1 to any positive comments on it.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I think the stability, multi-tasking and browser are better that any other smart phone i've ever used.
    I had a spontaneous reboot that wiped out all of my images, including the stock wallpapers until I did a reset; and a couple of isolated glitches, but otherwise I've been loving it except for all the usual usability gripes (e.g. the Gizmodo list of 23 things to fix) which can be patched eventually.

However, I have had two instances where my demos to interested bystanders have backfired. I would be showing of the multi-tasking, opening Tweed, web browser, Accuweather, email, and then had them call me to show off the notification area. I reject the call and it goes away, but then the phone continues to ring and vibrate until I pull the battery or soft reset. Not a good sales pitch! I wonder what's happening?
    1: I agree with the stability. Day one buy and no resets here. This is an awesome 1.0 device.
    2: Multi-tasking. The Pre is just awesome. I start my day opening up the commonly used apps (calendar, memos, task, email, browser, messaging, and accuweather) and leave them open for the rest of the day, no wait on loading time while I get my work done, the advance gesture helps to switch to an app easily.
    3: Notifications, I just looooove hearing the notification alert, see it and yet not stop me from whatever I'm doing. If I need to get on it, I will, if it can wait, I'll let it sit in the bar, but if its not important at all I'll just swipe it off.
    4: Wifi!! I came from the 755P and it didn't have wifi and so having this on the Pre with its amazing browser just makes a world of difference and since I'm usually surrounded by wifi, I can talk on phone while being connected to the web no problem.
    5: The form factor. It just feels good in the hand, have a great big screen and even have a keyboard which is great. I didn't think I would like sliders phone but the Pre has showed me sliders can be good.