1.    #1  
    Does anyone have an issue with the phone accepting a call automatically when taking the phone out of a side holster? Every time I un-holster my phone when receiving a call the phone accepts the call before I get a chance to even touch the screen. Has anyone had this issue and is there a solution to this problem?
    Thanks,

Problem/Resolution: It seems as though my case is causing the issue. I have the Body Glove case that was designed for the iPhone, and I purchased it at wal-mart. The magnets in the case for some reason force the phone to come out of sleep mode and go directly to the unlock mode or answer an incoming call. I will also note that this only occurs when the face of the phone touches the flap of the Body Glove containing the magnets.
    Last edited by jhebert121; 07/15/2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Problem/Reolution
    I haven't had this happen. I always have to slide to answer the call.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I haven't had this happen. I always have to slide to answer the call.
    It does it every time I go to take the phone out of the holster while answering a call. Does anyone think this could be attributed to the "oreo twist" mine has a little twist but I don't think by any means it is real bad.
    Mine doesn't have this problem, and I'm not sure how it could be attributed to the twist. Maybe you're just grabbing your Pre right on the unlock button and sliding it just enough when you pull it out?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i learned that if you unplug your phone from the charger (not ts) while its ringing, it will answer it.
    Doesn't it answer if you open the slider while it's ringing? Well, if the twist makes the Pre think the keyboard is open then I guess it could answer the way you're describing.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Doesn't it answer if you open the slider while it's ringing? Well, if the twist makes the Pre think the keyboard is open then I guess it could answer the way you're describing.
    I have thought the same thing, that the twist may be making the phone think that it is being opened. Every test I have done so far shows that not to be the case though. I am testing this through the interactive test feature. Now I am beginning to think that my proximity sensor might be the cause. Because, every time I remove my Pre from its case I am presented with the un-lock screen instead of a blank screen, which I presume you are supposed to get until you touch a physical button. Anymore input?
    Last edited by jhebert121; 07/28/2009 at 01:18 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Ok I have done a little more testing and it seems that the magnets in my phone case are setting off the proximity sensor for some reason. From the interactive test where it says to place you hand over the phone and feel for a vibration is where I tested this at. When I place my hand over the phone I get a vibration. Then when I place the part of my case with no magnets over the phone I get nothing. And lastly when I place the phone over the flap with the two magnets I get a vibration. Can anyone test this out with their phones? Ooh, BTW I have a Body Glove case for my phone I believe it is the one made for the iPhone. I got it at wal-mart and I love the look and feel.

Edit: I am getting consistent results with this theory. If I slide the phone's face over the opening flap with the magnets I get the unlock screen, but if I slide the back of the phone over the flap with the magnets the phone stays asleep.
    Last edited by jhebert121; 07/15/2009 at 04:15 PM.
    I'm experiencing the same problem with the auto answer!

I have the same Body Glove case and have been trying to pull out the Pre different ways to get different results.

I find that if I open the flap and slide my thumb in the case to help pull it out as I push up through the hole in the bottom of the case, I have less auto answers!

Very speratic, but I find myself concentrating on exactly how I should pull the Pre out of the case each time!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    I'm experiencing the same problem with the auto answer!

I have the same Body Glove case and have been trying to pull out the Pre different ways to get different results.

I find that if I open the flap and slide my thumb in the case to help pull it out as I push up through the hole in the bottom of the case, I have less auto answers!

Very speratic, but I find myself concentrating on exactly how I should pull the Pre out of the case each time!
    Check out my edit above I think I may have solved the kanundrum.
    I have been keeping it in the case with the face towards my body.... the flap side.

I will try keeping it in case with the back towards me.... the flap side, for a while and see what results I get!

Thanks for the great input jhebert121!