Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The Apple iTunes story today reminds me of a question I had, don't know if this is the correct place to post it.

I don't use iTunes and don't ever plan on doing so, can I just delete the iPodControl folder (in USB mode) without doing any harm to my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by enhuman View Post
    The Apple iTunes story today reminds me of a question I had, don't know if this is the correct place to post it.

I don't use iTunes and don't ever plan on doing so, can I just delete the iPodControl folder (in USB mode) without doing any harm to my Pre?
    Yea go ahead. I deleted it since I had a corrupted iPod DB and it will just remake it if you go into media sync mode.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    What iPodControl folder? When I first synced my Pre to iTunes it moved the music and videos over, but they don't show up anywhere in USB mode. It just shows I have less memory available. If I use iTunes to delete the stuff will I get that memory back?

Also, if I want to start copying my music manually, do I just create folders called Music and Videos? How do I copy playlists? Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Awesome. I didn't want to screw anything up by doing so. I hate seeing all of those silly iTunes coded folders in my beautiful little Pre.
    Awesome. I didn't want to screw anything up by doing so. I hate seeing all of those silly iTunes coded folders in my beautiful little Pre.
    agreed
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    What iPodControl folder? When I first synced my Pre to iTunes it moved the music and videos over, but they don't show up anywhere in USB mode. It just shows I have less memory available. If I use iTunes to delete the stuff will I get that memory back?

Also, if I want to start copying my music manually, do I just create folders called Music and Videos? How do I copy playlists? Thanks for any help.
    In USB mode there is (or should be) an iPod_Control folder. Your music is in there, it's just coded using the iTunes database formatting. I don't know about deleting it from iTunes though, I haven't used iTunes in a long time.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    In USB mode there is (or should be) an iPod_Control folder. Your music is in there, it's just coded using the iTunes database formatting. I don't know about deleting it from iTunes though, I haven't used iTunes in a long time.
    Hmmm... Interesting, I guess it's "should be" because it doesn't show up on mine.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hmmm... Interesting, I guess it's "should be" because it doesn't show up on mine.
    Sorry, wish I could be of more help.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Oh, wait, I think it's a Hidden folder in Windows, so make sure you can see hidden folders.

Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folders
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Oh, wait, I think it's a Hidden folder in Windows, so make sure you can see hidden folders.

Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folders
    Thanks that was it. Actually I was syncing to my Mac. When I hooked up to my Windows laptop and turned on Show Hidden Files I could see it.