Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    This is driving me crazy..the Pre STILL has no voice dialing. This is such a basic function and one I depended on heavily. I love my Pre don't get me wrong but right now I'm really wishing I got rid of it before the end of my 30 days. I like to talk handsfree every day while driving on my cell. I can't do that any more since I have the Pre. I miss it and the people I used to call when driving but I will not juggle the phone and attempt to call while driving.

Every other issue I can deal with -
    loose slider with growing visible gap and lots of wiggle,

unresponsive touch screen (answering calls fails like 1 out of 3 times due to the 'drag up' thing..and Sudoku is unplayable as the wrong square is invariably chosen when attempting to play),

poor call quality - people I talk to regularly now complain of loud garbled sound which was not a problem with the 3 other Sprint phones I had. Holding the phone further away seems to help though a bit uncomfortable. Headset also helps with this.

poor signal reception and frequent call drops - again only on the Pre, other Sprint phones were fine.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Sell the phone then.

Apple just came out with voice dialing. Give it some time.

When you bought the Pre, no materials said it would have it at or shortly after launch. It'll come with an update in the future.

God, I'm so sick of these whiney "wtf" threads about features that were never part of the Pre's initial spec.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Sell the phone then.

When you bought the Pre, no materials said it would have it at or shortly after launch. It'll come with an update in the future.

God, I'm so sick of these whiney "wtf" threads about features that were never part of the Pre's initial spec.
    Exactly! It was never a feature to begin with and yet people still bought the Pre and now complain that it doesn't have it.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Why don't you pull over the side of the road then dial.
    You can also set up speed dial so that the press of a single button will dial whichever person you want to speak to. It's even less work than pressing a button and then speaking!
    Can we post a formula for people.

Base question: Still no [fill in hot topic] support on the Pre?

First question: Has an OS update been release?

If no, then poster obviously knows the answer but still wants to create a thread to whine about it.

Apple had voice dial after 2 years. But everyone wants it from Palm in less than 2 months.

Sorry, I guess these stupid threads are just annoying me.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Or, why not use a BT headphone and assign a speed dial key for your frequently used phone numbers? Surely you can drive and press one number.

Edit - oddlou beat me to it.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    OP, are you one of those pain's in the xxx who drives two miles an hour gabbing on the phone about absolutely nothing that could wait until you get home? Meanwhile there's a line of cars behind you a mile long just wanting to get to their locations?

(( Hey! I've gotta blame SOMEONE. ))

Wah, wah, wah...!

Next time you buy something do your research, or at least spare us the whining.

Carry on...
    My Treo 700p did not come with it, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post

If no, then poster obviously knows the answer but still wants to create a thread to whine about it.

Apple had voice dial after 2 years. But everyone wants it from Palm in less than 2 months.

Sacherjj, you forgot the 'WTF!!!' in the formula, man. rofl
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Sell the phone then.

Umm...as far as I knew on purchase voice dial was supported. That is what I was told by the Palm store rep and when I called support to find out how to use the feature, I was put on hold for 35 minutes while the tech who could not read the manual and played with his Pre could not believe it was not supported. He finally came back to the phone and said, "I'm sorry but that feature will be added within the next few weeks..."

So don't give me crap about complaining about something I was LIED to by the Sprint rep about when I bought my phone!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
    unresponsive touch screen (answering calls fails like 1 out of 3 times due to the 'drag up' thing..and Sudoku is unplayable as the wrong square is invariably chosen when attempting to play),

poor call quality - people I talk to regularly now complain of loud garbled sound which was not a problem with the 3 other Sprint phones I had. Holding the phone further away seems to help though a bit uncomfortable. Headset also helps with this.

poor signal reception and frequent call drops - again only on the Pre, other Sprint phones were fine.

I have none of the problems mentioned above. My Pre is very responsive and I have never had to try more than once to cancel a call or to unlock the phone. No one has yet to complain about me sounding "garbled." And I get great reception with my Pre. I even got 5 bars out on the lake for 4th of July weekend.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Speed dial doesn't take much effort really. Also, there are studies that have shown that the actual act of talking on the phone while driving is the actual "big distraction" and not the holding of the phone in your hand. Hands free or not, there is extra risk involved.

Cell Phone Safety While Driving
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Umm...as far as I knew on purchase voice dial was supported. That is what I was told by the Palm store rep and when I called support to find out how to use the feature, I was put on hold for 35 minutes while the tech who could not read the manual and played with his Pre could not believe it was not supported. He finally came back to the phone and said, "I'm sorry but that feature will be added within the next few weeks..."

So don't give me crap about complaining about something I was LIED to by the Sprint rep about when I bought my phone!!!!!!!!!!
    You just "conveniently" forgot to mention that in your original post, right?
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Still no rant sub-forum...wtf???
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Sell the phone then.

Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    You just "conveniently" forgot to mention that in your original post, right?
    NO...didn't think it was necessary...then again I wasn't expecting some ahole to attack my post
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    NO...didn't think it was necessary...then again I wasn't expecting some ahole to attack my post
    Well, gee. It was such a nice informative post too.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    Well, gee. It was such a nice informative post too.
    As was you initial response to mine...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Hearsay.

Sell your phone and stop wasting our time with this drivel.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post

+1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast