1.    #1  
    If you could have the opportunity to sit with Palm in a focus group prior to launching of the Second GEN Pre.
    What would you tell Palm to change or add, (not including Apps, we all know that will come)

If I was fortunate enough to sit on a Palm focus group for a 2nd Gen Pre I would mention the following.

*More on board memory at least 16Gb
    *Track ball/pad with selector ( easier to edit text)
    *improvement on cut/paste ( hopefully Software update will fix this.)
    *Better Battery
    * Video recording + Video out from headphone jack
    * more solid build.. I don't want to feel i have to baby the slider
    * A touch more keyboard room.

BTW this is NOT a gripe just stimulating our thoughts on improvements. I have sat on focus groups for sports med equipment manufacturers, and those focus groups make a big difference if the people who sit on these groups are actual users.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Forward facing camera
    Video out
    Print options
    Have the touchstone included with the phone, but sell a version that that has audio/video out over blutooth.
    make the center button a trackball
    better keyboard, maybe one that swivels down for landscape mode
    on screen keyboard
    decent charging port
    larger screen if possible with current size

Everything else i would suggest is software that better be fixed with version one!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I hate talking about a 2nd Gen product when I just bought the 1st Gen...
    I mean... I wasted $200+ and discussing a 2nd Gen version of it a month or so past the release doesn't make me want to have the 1st Gen, now does it?

Reminds me of the people who got the Iphone 2G.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Forward facing camera
    Video out
    Print options
    Have the touchstone included with the phone, but sell a version that that has audio/video out over blutooth.
    make the center button a trackball
    better keyboard, maybe one that swivels down for landscape mode
    on screen keyboard
    decent charging port
    larger screen if possible with current size

Everything else i would suggest is software that better be fixed with version one!
    The track ball is a biggy for me
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I mean... I wasted $200+ and discussing a 2nd Gen version of it a month or so past the release doesn't make me want to have the 1st Gen, now does it?

Well don't talk about it then, I think the pre is an awesome Phone US early adopters are the test market for what future devices palm brings to the table.
    - At least 16gb of internal storage
    - Keep the physical keyboard
    - A trackball would be kinda convenient at times
    - Slightly larger keyboard
    - Improved battery and/or better power management
    - A more sturdy USB cover, the one on the Pre feels really flimsy and fragile

That's all I can really think of for now. Even tho the current Pre could use some hardware upgrades, i'm still really happy with it.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post

LOL! But lets face it, Apple has set the trend on results like this. Like I have said way back, this device is a "Pre"lude to something better and we are all nothing but guinea pigs to get Palm afloat.

Don't be surprised to see a 4G device with almost a totally new design...
    - Add a micro SD card slot for flexible/expandable storage
    - longer battery life
    - higher resolution camera w/ auto focus for pictures/video
    - improved slider for keyboard (easier to do but still feel solid and precise)
    - higher resolution screen (possibly larger screen)

Anything else would be software related, and since there's the upcoming webOS 1.1 release coming and many apps yet to be released, I'll wait and see for software improvements.
    Last edited by Cyberpmg; 07/15/2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: corrections
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    LOL! But lets face it, Apple has set the trend on results like this. Like I have said way back, this device is a "Pre"lude to something better and we are all nothing but guinea pigs to get Palm afloat.

Don't be surprised to see a 4G device with almost a totally new design...
    I agree , well look at the Palm Pro, I can see it being released as a Web Os device the sturdiness and track pad make it a good option once they offer it in something other than Windows .
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Compass, this will be standard by the time it comes out so it should have it