1.    #1  
    After a long wait due to a Sprint F up and shortage at my local store, I finally got the call my Pre was in. As soon as I picked up my phone, got a call about a family emergency. I had to drive across rural ND with spotty coverage at times with a phone that is supposed to have reception problems. Guess what.....NONE AT ALL. In fact, I believe that it may have slightly better than my Treo 700w.

And for all the other rants, here are my opinions:

-Battery Life - Even without conditioning, no complaints. For the amount of talking, emailing, texting, GPS, etc I thought it held up pretty good. I did have to recharge, but would have also had to do on 700w.
    -Dead / Stuck Pixels - NONE
    -Twist - Slight, but no concerns
    -EAS - syncing contacts/emails as I was walking out of the sprint store. I had more problems initially with my Treo. Someone else has the procedure listed that was followed in configuring the Exhange Server that finally allowed my WM device to sync. With that in place, EAS works like a charm on the PRE.
    -Talk of Multiple Exchanges - So far, i wouldnt consider swapping this phone due to the twist. Who knows what happens down the road. In fact, I had to exchange my Treo 3 times (first one due to an incident with a snowblower).

Yes there are other features, apps, etc that I would like but there is no way I would go back to my Treo after having the Pre for less than 48 hours.

BTW - Build date 7/8/09 - Part of what Sprint called a 'large' shipment.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Most of the time listening to anyone is a bad idea...
    Though there are real problems with some Pre's out there, I think a lot of the issues we hear about are from a very vocal minority. I got mine on launch day, there does happen to be a slight screen blotch at the bottom left and about 1mm of "oreo effect" on my Pre. Neither of these issues annoy me at all though.

I just hope that a lot of people aren't taking too many of the gripes as dealbreakers. That's why an exchange policy exists... Not all Pre's are born equal... But the majority of them work just fine.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Glad to hear of your positive experience. Seems like less issues with the later builds. I'll be getting mine in a few weeks. Can't wait.
    I feel the same way....I got a bit of twist going on that got slightly worse with usage, but after opening and closing the keyboard about 3000 times so far, it doesn't seem to get any worse. Other than that, my phone shut down once....hopefully that's the only time it will do that.

Family emergency work out alright?
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Though there are real problems with some Pre's out there, I think a lot of the issues we hear about are from a very vocal minority. I got mine on launch day, there does happen to be a slight screen blotch at the bottom left and about 1mm of "oreo effect" on my Pre. Neither of these issues annoy me at all though.

I just hope that a lot of people aren't taking too many of the gripes as dealbreakers. That's why an exchange policy exists... Not all Pre's are born equal... But the majority of them work just fine.
    The Goat needs to update his avatar!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Family emergency work out alright?
    Yes it did and thanks for asking. Glad to see nice people on this forum as there appears to be many @$$es. Thought I would get a 'there is already another thread for this post' response.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    Yes it did and thanks for asking. Glad to see nice people on this forum as there appears to be many @$$es. Thought I would get a 'there is already another thread for this post' response.
    Somebody else already had a family emergency and talked about their navigation. Please do a SEARCH before posting stupid, idiotic, unnecessary, redundant topics. There's are already thousands of posts about the Pre. We don't need anymore. What do you think this is? A Pre forum?

There! Didn't want to disappoint you. lol. j/k.
    Glad to hear it.

Well, most people will moan and gripe about another thread telling everyone how bad the build quality of their Pre is...so, since you're thread is a bit more uplifting, no one seems to mind. And just because I just said that, someone is going to say otherwise! lol

Haha.... see above....what did I just say?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Nah, I was joking w/ him. Just giving him what he expected. lol. See my earlier post.
    You had to start a new thread for this? I think we need a sub forum for these type of rants...I get tired of having to sort through all of these repeat posts.
    Sounds like it was nice to be able to take a new device and have it meet your needs during an otherwise stressful trip. It's always nice to hear the good side of things! Hopefully the family situation will work out OK too!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    You had to start a new thread for this? I think we need a sub forum for these type of rants...I get tired of having to sort through all of these repeat posts.
    Did you read ANY of the original post???

there is no way I would go back to my Treo after having the Pre for less than 48 hours
    I was being sarcastic chodaboy...if someone posts anything negative about the pre this is what you see. Persoanally I skip those I don't want to read or reply too....but I guess some here take it upon themselves to protect the image of the pre and discredit those who post anything negative about the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    After a long wait due to a Sprint F up and shortage at my local store, I finally got the call my Pre was in. As soon as I picked up my phone, got a call about a family emergency. I had to drive across rural ND with spotty coverage at times with a phone that is supposed to have reception problems. Guess what.....NONE AT ALL. In fact, I believe that it may have slightly better than my Treo 700w.

And for all the other rants, here are my opinions:

-Battery Life - Even without conditioning, no complaints. For the amount of talking, emailing, texting, GPS, etc I thought it held up pretty good. I did have to recharge, but would have also had to do on 700w.
    -Dead / Stuck Pixels - NONE
    -Twist - Slight, but no concerns
    -EAS - syncing contacts/emails as I was walking out of the sprint store. I had more problems initially with my Treo. Someone else has the procedure listed that was followed in configuring the Exhange Server that finally allowed my WM device to sync. With that in place, EAS works like a charm on the PRE.
    -Talk of Multiple Exchanges - So far, i wouldnt consider swapping this phone due to the twist. Who knows what happens down the road. In fact, I had to exchange my Treo 3 times (first one due to an incident with a snowblower).

Yes there are other features, apps, etc that I would like but there is no way I would go back to my Treo after having the Pre for less than 48 hours.

BTW - Build date 7/8/09 - Part of what Sprint called a 'large' shipment.
    in my opinion about 2 percent of the pres were defective.
    so they complain.
    most people who have good pres don't USUALLY say anything
    nothing is every perfect and when they aren't people complain
    oh and happy to see another happy pre user
    hope you continue to enjoy your experience
    Quote Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
    Most of the time listening to anyone is a bad idea...
    GREAT advice