1.    #1  
    OK, I thought this forum reported that "announcing apps" was no longer prohibited by the NDA. Yet, I hear crickets in here on a daily basis. Damn, even the forum search that comes up as I start this thread is suggesting existing threads for app announcements FOR THE FOLEO!!! in 2007!!

This is really pathetic. Does someone have a list of who is even working on an app (not Homebrew or "Classic")? What about a list of people who at least got the full SDK?

Hell, I'd settle for some credible rumors at this point.

This is not a rag on Palm thread, just asking the developers out there to give us some hope or come clean that they're in "wait-n-see" mode.
    Last edited by realistdreamer; 07/15/2009 at 02:42 PM.
    Yes, I'm a little surprised as well. I was expecting developers to come out of the woodwork and announce what they've been working on.

Then I thought more about it, and realized there's a good chance that developers aren't in a hurry to announce their products for fear of giving away too much info on what they're working on. Why announce an app when it's either not ready or before Palm has said the app will be available in the Catalog?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Possibly some think that their idea is a good one and want to limit competition for other Apps doing the same thing? I'm not talking about one I'm developing, because I think it is a pretty cool idea and want to be the first one out of the gate.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    +1
    Very disapponting, at least before there WAS a NDA. Now that there is none and we know "Thousands" of developers got Access to the SDK, to not hear a rumor is somewhat disheartening.

Anyone have the list of Preffered Developers?
    Waiting isnt the hard part... its not knowing.

I just want to know there is a financial app coming out so I can balance my checkbook and bank accounts on my phone.
    If it helps, I've been working on a Package tracking app (UPS, FedEx, DHL). I have a simple, working version that will be submitted this week. The next version will include notifications and tracking multiple packages.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah... my dad's getting impatient. He wants software updates that has less security issues and more bug fixes/apps.

He said he should have gone to AT&T and gotten the new Iphone.
    I would never buy an Apple product again (after Ipod Video, ugh product), and I reassured him that Sprint's cheaper plan is better, and that we'll get Pre updates soon.
    There is a financial app coming, don't remember what its called but he has beta test going on. looks promising.

Alot of people may not announce as there is no set date when the apps will be made available in the app store, how the pricing works, and may not want competition from others who may say, hmmm that's a good idea ill make that too and put it out before the app store is live.
  9.    #9  
    OK look. I get the competition thing, but if you have an established app on the iPhone what the hell is the harm in announcing you are porting to the Pre? That should aid your competitive position as interlopers might stay away.

As for pricing, developers have a problem. They are going to have a HARD time pricing substantially more than iPhone apps which are significantly cheaper than Palm OS apps. However, apps are announced all the time without pricing. Nothing new about that.

We all know that the basic apps Palm made have some very nice functionality but are missing some key features. We all know that 3rd Party apps beyond FARTING are NECESSARY to compete with Apple, RIM and Android. We all know developers who SHOULD want to port their apps IF the SDK is as easy to use as they say.

Yet, not a peep.

This is not a sales tool for my referral discounts let me tell you that. Especially with iPhoners who ask - "does it have xxxxx yet? " "Well, no but . . . ." "BUT WHAT"

Come on developers, let's at least say we're working on an app, but don't have a timeline for release. Do the Obama thing and give us some hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by grbspecb View Post
    There is a financial app coming, don't remember what its called but he has beta test going on. looks promising.

Alot of people may not announce as there is no set date when the apps will be made available in the app store, how the pricing works, and may not want competition from others who may say, hmmm that's a good idea ill make that too and put it out before the app store is live.
    Dont count SplashData out...They might bring their SplashMoney app over! I would love an interface with Yodlee.com.

It is interesting that people (outside of the one who just said he's doing the UPS/FedEx tracker) isnt even saying that they are working on apps. Maybe they are lurking in the Homebrew section learning tips.