1.    #1  
    Is there some way to not have the text message show, when phone is locked or on the charger? when i get a message when the phone is on my charger.. it actually shows who its from, and a part of the message.. so anyone walkin around, can just see my messages.. why not just show the damn envelope, or message indicator?
    Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to change how much is shown-- only whether there's a notification at all. You can turn on message notifications in the messaging preferences, but you can't "reduce" the notification-- make it just an alert without displaying the message, etc. Sounds like a homebrewing opportunity....
    Hmm...I haven't tried it, but maybe if you enable pin number or password protection on your phone, it might not show it then. Give it a whirl.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Run "Screen & Lock."

Go to the bottom and set "Show When Locked" to "Off." You will need to have the phone locked, of course. While on the Touchstone, the phone will lock. But if you lift the phone, it auto unlocks.

If you don't like this, then you will need to a PIN or password on the phone.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I had the same question, DG. It's either all or nothing on this phone. A simple envelope would do such as a "reduced notifications" mode or something such as my last Treo Pro. Instead the Pre turns them off off or shows everything to any passerby.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Hmm...I haven't tried it, but maybe if you enable pin number or password protection on your phone, it might not show it then. Give it a whirl.
    That didn't work for me and I honestly don't like how the pin system works on the Pre. I received a call and trying to unlock the phone via pin was a task in it's self
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    That didn't work for me and I honestly don't like how the pin system works on the Pre. I received a call and trying to unlock the phone via pin was a task in it's self
    it can be a rather difficult task. It's usually easier to just call 911 than to unlock the phone.
    I'm using the PIN on my phone, and you don't have to enter the PIN to answer a call. When I get a call and the phone is locked, I get the picture of the caller, and the button that says "Drag up to answer". But perhaps I misunderstood what you disliked about the PIN and answering a call.