Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FINGERNAILS!

I really noticed this morning after I cut my fingernails that I wasn't able to type as fast as I normally do. Best to keep the nails semi long.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    It depends on how you type. I know some people like typing with their nails, others type with their fingertips, and others type with the pad of their finger.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm, never thought about the different techniques. IMO, for accuracy, I think the fingernails technique works best : )

Ok, time for another poll...haha
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I simply cannot have nails that are past my finger tips, so I always keep them very short.

I have a very good reason, but I'll keep this thread PG rated...
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Hmm, never thought about the different techniques. IMO, for accuracy, I think the fingernails technique works best : )

Ok, time for another poll...haha
    I typed with my nails on my laptop and slowly scratched the letters and colors off of the keys. Now I don't let'em get too long or type with them. I'd certainly be hesitant with my Pre.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    you only need on enail long really on eaxh hand
    I think if you hang out at the Where "wall" you will learn to type pretty fast. Your almost forced to if there are a ton of people in there.
    I can't see how typing with finger nails can be comfortable. For me to do it, I need to have the phone tipped up almost perpendicular to the floor and the knuckles of my two thumbs need to be bent quite a bit.

I use the tips of my thumbs (just off center), my knuckles are more relaxed (almost straight) and the phone is tilted back about 45 degrees which allows me to look at the screen straight on. No problem with accuracy and no chance of slicing the rubber key or chizeling away paint.
    I just use the pads of my thumbs. You can push a bunch of keys, but the center one will be the only one that goes down. I got used to this with the various Treos. Although the keyboard isn't quite as good as the 755p.
    On my old 700p, I always kept my fingernails longer and typed with them. However, with the PRE it's just the opposite for me. My typing accuracy and speed have improved tremendously by keeping my fingernails short. Now I just type with the tips of my thumbs.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Yup, you can mash a few and the Pre knows which one you meant to push.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    FINGERNAILS!

I really noticed this morning after I cut my fingernails that I wasn't able to type as fast as I normally do. Best to keep the nails semi long.
    Funny you say this, because for me it's the exact opposite. I usually dont cut them for a week, so by the 6th or 7th day my nails are getting a bit past my fingertips. the only way i can really tell its time to cut them is when i cant type on my pre. thats how connected to my life my pre is - it knows when its time for me to cut my nails
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    i type fast on the pre just fine without
  14.    #14  
    well, waddaya know...been using the pads of my thumbs all morning and it works! its sort of challenging for my thumbs when mashing on keys in the T and Y columns...thumb traffic when spelling words like "the"..haha
    Sadly, and disgustingly, I bite my nails sometimes. Right now, they are so short that my fingertips all hurt. As such, I've never really had nails long enough to type with. But I'm still pretty damn speedy with the pads of my thumbs.
    Haha. I just cut my fingernails today(they were kinda long) and its not as easy to type on my Pre. I guess I cut them a little too short.
    I find fingernails are too slippery on normal keyboards and my 700p. I would guess the Pre's keyboard would not be as bad, but I just use the tips of my thumbs. To each his/her own.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    this guy needs to give everyone at pre central a typing lesson! He isnt using his nails by the way ... later in the video you see his fingers(tips of his big thumbs). Wow he is fast!!! Obviously he is going for speed in this video but I am sure if he slowed down slightly he wouldnt make so many mistakes. But even with the mistakes I cant type nearly as fast as he does. He needs to put down the coffee!

I thought the same too, but have learned that it is MUCH faster and comfortable to type with the pads. I go nuts when my nails get too long now, makes typing a pain.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Along the same lines, has anybody else noticed that their keys have loosened up and made typing easier? I had a hard time the first few weeks because the keys were hard to press, but now I can fly on it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast