1.    #1  
    I am so sick of getting the run around from "Tech support". I have been to my local Best Buy, where I purchased the phone twice and have called Sprint directly several times with out any help from tech support. I am so frustrated.

First, some background, I ported a number over from ATT and got a BB Curve 8330 while waiting for a Pre to become available. I received my Pre about a week ago and haven't been able to access certain web sites, local news, since. I had no problems with this on other phones. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The first issue, and major one, is that I keep getting dropped calls while I'm in my house. The coverage sucks. I called to tech support and it indicated that my prior BB was still showing up as an active account on a part of Sprints network, the HCM portion. (I don't know what this means, I'm just repeating it). The Person who was helping me was supposed to make a note on my account because they were sure it was the issue with the dropped calls. Well, they must've used invisible electrons as anyone who's accessed my account since has no idea what I'm talking about.

Since I only have this phone and my wife needs her phone, I went to BBuy to see if they could help. The girl who was attempting to help me yesterday was good, to the point of calling out the Tech on statements that didn't make any sense ("well, we have a nation wide partial data outage so that could be the reason why the web sites aren't available"- to which she indicated we tried on the store's demo pre before calling). So, after much trial and, no finding of the, error, I was regulated to waiting to receive a call today at 10am. The call never happened.

I called today and indicated the troubles I was having and that I was supposed to receive a call at 10 am, but failed to. I didn't even receive a half-hearted apology, such as "sorry all of our techs are extremely busy, let me connect you". They realized it was over their head and transferred me right way. The advanced tech then said "there's nothing we can do, you'll have to call back later". Wow. Talk about a brush off. When I asked to check about the HCM portion of its network, they said "I can't do anything right now, you'll have to call back". Hmm, the other tech was able to look at the network and determine that while I was on the phone, so you're just saying that you don't want to right now- thanks.

I can not afford to drop calls. I am interviewing and running a business from this phone. I am mostly at home, where the problems are. The real troubling aspect is that I am nearing my last day for the 30 days to be up. I have to wonder if there are ulterior motives in delaying any help. I'm waiting for the final, "there's nothing we can do- you're stuck" language from someone at Sprint.

Anyway, I apologize for such a long post. If you have read through all of that, I award you the "Phone Lover's Medal of Honor". If you might be able to guide me as to how I can solve the problem or who to contact with my issues, I'll give you the title "with Distinction".

I just feel like I'm tilting at windmills or running on a tread mill or something else that doesn't get you anywhere that ends with a mill.

I know, the first post will be to quit my but it's a real issue for me that must be solved.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Question, have you tried reactivating your Curve to see if the issue still exists?

I think I would be a little frustrated as well at this point, and have you asked for a supervisor or manager call back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Lover View Post
    I am so sick of getting the run around from "Tech support". I have been to my local Best Buy, where I purchased the phone twice and have called Sprint directly several times with out any help from tech support. I am so frustrated.

First, some background, I ported a number over from ATT and got a BB Curve 8330 while waiting for a Pre to become available. I received my Pre about a week ago and haven't been able to access certain web sites, local news, since. I had no problems with this on other phones. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The first issue, and major one, is that I keep getting dropped calls while I'm in my house. The coverage sucks. I called to tech support and it indicated that my prior BB was still showing up as an active account on a part of Sprints network, the HCM portion. (I don't know what this means, I'm just repeating it). The Person who was helping me was supposed to make a note on my account because they were sure it was the issue with the dropped calls. Well, they must've used invisible electrons as anyone who's accessed my account since has no idea what I'm talking about.

Since I only have this phone and my wife needs her phone, I went to BBuy to see if they could help. The girl who was attempting to help me yesterday was good, to the point of calling out the Tech on statements that didn't make any sense ("well, we have a nation wide partial data outage so that could be the reason why the web sites aren't available"- to which she indicated we tried on the store's demo pre before calling). So, after much trial and, no finding of the, error, I was regulated to waiting to receive a call today at 10am. The call never happened.

I called today and indicated the troubles I was having and that I was supposed to receive a call at 10 am, but failed to. I didn't even receive a half-hearted apology, such as "sorry all of our techs are extremely busy, let me connect you". They realized it was over their head and transferred me right way. The advanced tech then said "there's nothing we can do, you'll have to call back later". Wow. Talk about a brush off. When I asked to check about the HCM portion of its network, they said "I can't do anything right now, you'll have to call back". Hmm, the other tech was able to look at the network and determine that while I was on the phone, so you're just saying that you don't want to right now- thanks.

I can not afford to drop calls. I am interviewing and running a business from this phone. I am mostly at home, where the problems are. The real troubling aspect is that I am nearing my last day for the 30 days to be up. I have to wonder if there are ulterior motives in delaying any help. I'm waiting for the final, "there's nothing we can do- you're stuck" language from someone at Sprint.

Anyway, I apologize for such a long post. If you have read through all of that, I award you the "Phone Lover's Medal of Honor". If you might be able to guide me as to how I can solve the problem or who to contact with my issues, I'll give you the title "with Distinction".

I just feel like I'm tilting at windmills or running on a tread mill or something else that doesn't get you anywhere that ends with a mill.

I know, the first post will be to quit my but it's a real issue for me that must be solved.
    Well thank you for the Phone Lover's Medal of Honor. Honestly, though, it sounds like this phone is not quite up to what you are expecting and is not ready for you. If the phone is as crucial to you and your business as you say it is, then I would return it before the 30 days and get a treo pro. Not being able to view certain websites is something that will have to be dealt with on a 1.0 web browser and the current browser definitely has limitations.

The dropped calls does seem to be an issue and it sounds like you are trying to go through the appropriate channels to get it resolved. I would maybe see if you can exchange it for another one at Best Buy (if they let you) and see if that helps. If you are extremely close to the 30 day limit then I would seriously suggest returning it and getting a different phone. Just some thoughts.
  4.    #4  
    I do not have the Curve any longer. I traded it in to BBuy for the Pre at about 3 weeks of my 4 week trial (I know 30 day but I don't have exact days right now). I will not be able to try reactivating it.

The interesting thing about the browser is that I just received my 10 am call and she indicated she had tried the sites on 5 different Pre's at her location all with the same error that I received. However, the BBuy phone was able to download the page no problem and someone else here said the same thing. I wonder if there's a setting that's different or in later models there was a change that I am not able to undue. For the record, the sites are detnews.com and Freep.com. I've tried accessing them directly and through links to a story. Neither works.

I may have to try something else. I don't want to as I love the functionality and the OS. I don't know if anything else will be better on the network though. My BB was also dropping calls at home and digitally breaking up the voices.

FWIW, this site works fine on the phone!
  5.    #5  
    I see some information about an "airwave", I believe it was called. It sounds like a signal booster that some people have received for in the house. How do I find more information out about this?
    Hi Phone Lover,
    Welcome to Sprint Cool phone sucky service. I have been with sprint for 10 years. Thats there level of customer service. 0.0
    I had some issues withy my Pre. I called Advanced Supportt, and I want to give them nothing but kudos'

My first person game me his email to be sure everything was changed. A tower issue, change, made a BIG difference on receiption,

A couple more isssues on serive, the agent went above and beyond to followup, my isssue being dropped calls and she followed up until they alll went thru.

I'm impressed after 10 years if Nextel/Sprint service. Times have changed, try them, love them.

Phone works, ddn't want Rententions, freer stuff, just good serivce., so hope you read this and thanks.
    I was not able to load detnews or freep either. Other websites are loading very slowly.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I see some information about an "airwave", I believe it was called. It sounds like a signal booster that some people have received for in the house. How do I find more information out about this?

With Sprint AIRAVE™, a winner of the 2008 PC World 25 Most Innovative Products Award, you'll enjoy enhanced wireless service in your home or office — even if there is no coverage. It's like having your own miniature cell tower that covers up to 5,000 square feet.

Sprint:
    AIRAVE

Reviews:
    Sprint Airave Cell phone and smart phone accessory reviews - CNET Reviews

Sprint AIRAVE review
    Last edited by SoCal65; 07/15/2009 at 11:45 AM.
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

Check out the official Palm blog.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvg626 View Post
    I was not able to load detnews or freep either. Other websites are loading very slowly.
    I wasn't able to load them either but no other website were loading slow, just average.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I couldn't load them either. Have you tried calling Palm?
    Won't load for me either. I get an error saying:

"Unable to load page. Failed writing received data to disk/application."
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Well thank you for the Phone Lover's Medal of Honor. Honestly, though, it sounds like this phone is not quite up to what you are expecting and is not ready for you. If the phone is as crucial to you and your business as you say it is, then I would return it before the 30 days and get a treo pro. Not being able to view certain websites is something that will have to be dealt with on a 1.0 web browser and the current browser definitely has limitations.

The dropped calls does seem to be an issue and it sounds like you are trying to go through the appropriate channels to get it resolved. I would maybe see if you can exchange it for another one at Best Buy (if they let you) and see if that helps. If you are extremely close to the 30 day limit then I would seriously suggest returning it and getting a different phone. Just some thoughts.
    ROFLOL. Is there no issue the Pre Fan Boy club won't excuse with the "it's a 1.0 device, what do you expect?" line? IT'S A PHONE, PEOPLE! It's supposed to be able to make and receive phone calls reliably. Version 1.0 or not, if it drops calls all the time, it's worthless, broken, or both.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I know that calling Sprint Service, and suggesting that you may drop the service and switch carriers unless Sprint can do something for you is sometimes yielding a free Air Rave from Sprint. Sounds like this might be the solution for your in-home call dropping issue. Have you tried this or do you have an Air Rave, yet?

My guess with the websites is that it is related to your poor reception. Do these sites never come up or only at your home?

Also, have you tried to clear the history and temp internet files? (Not actually sure how to do this with the Pre, but this issues sometimes happens when you get a bad script stored in cache, etc.)
    When you call again (if you do), talk to their technical support and ask about it. They'll tell you it's $99 plus$5/month.. YOu can then ask that they waive that for you, since it's a lack of service on their part, not yours.. sometimes they'll set you up with a freebie..
    If you call retentions and say that the reason you're leaving is due to dropped calls and poor signal strength, they should give you a FREE Airave. (That's how I got mine). They'll bill you for it, then credit your bill after you get it. In many instances, the $4.99 monthly charge is waived also. There are a few threads on this in the CDMA section of the forum.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."