Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I ran the hardware interactive test and didn't see any stuck or dead pixels. Is this how everyone is noticing them?
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Ehhh, I think it's more just going to a darkened (black) screen and seeing light pixels. Or vice versa.

I don't know if a test could detect a stuck or dead pixel.
    Even if you have some you can't find them, so it's not a problem
    Use an all black and all white screen when possible.
    As I will be picking mine up soon, while in the store, what is a quick way of getting an all black screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    As I will be picking mine up soon, while in the store, what is a quick way of getting an all black screen?
    During boot up. Its all black then the Palm logo appears and starts its halo-like glow.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    thanks, yes at reboot, you can defin see if you got bad pixels.... i got none (fingers crossed for not any future ones)....

i got the Paint Homebrew app and that starts with a white canvas... no pix probs there either...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Use an all black and all white screen when possible.
    Use the URL Below to test for stuck or dead pixels

Screen Tester this has a black screen option the test included in the Pre does not,

BTW a simple Forum search would have prevented double posts on this tired topic

BUMP. heehee
    Last edited by Addie_Goodvibes; 07/15/2009 at 01:41 PM.
    there is a hardware test inside the phone that tests the screen with 5 different colors. its a basic option just kinda hidden
    Do bad pixels show up as colorfull streaks up and down??
    bump hello Need answer