View Poll Results: Would you like a subforum made for ranting/complaining posts?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want one!

34 72.34%
  • No, I don't.

7 14.89%
  • I don't care.

6 12.77%
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone else here think that there should be a subforum for all those "I'm returning my Pre" or "I hate the Pre" posts that pop up quite often? It would give people a place to vent their anger and frustration, but also keep the main forum less cluttered and full of more useful information. What do you guys think?
    Yes, and another for god damn iPhone threads that have little to nothing to do with the Pre.
    Good idea! It can be called the venting room
    They wouldn't use it, that would defeat the purpose.
    I simply agree. I hate sifting through various personal stories or scenarios about the Pre. I like when I come across threads that show me a new feature that I never noticed or present a issue/bug for the world to know.
    Yea like these type of posts or how about what wallpaper r you using
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    At least it would give the mods somewhere to move posts like that to lol...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    But the forums have already gone through all the expected stages. It started off with hype, then excitement, then complaints, then defensiveness and now it's at the point where the only people left are the ones legitimately looking for help or insecure people looking for a support group.

The mods are doing a great job and forum is manageable and easy to sift through. Breaking it up at this point just doesn't make sense.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    As much as I want to say yes, I don't think we need yet another sub-forum. This is the place for general Pre talk and, like it or not, that's what those posts are.

Besides, the people who go on these protracted, illogical rants never post them in the proper forum anyway.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    exactly, trolls want attention, not just to ***** and moan in the dungeon
    If you want this to actually happen, you need to send a message to a mod or admin with your suggestion. I do think it is a good idea, but it is up to them and I don't know if they will do this without a direct request.
    Then you should have the forum used for praise about the Pre, or another subforum.
    I don't mind people pointing out specific issues that someone may be able to help with. I'm tired of the "I'm leaving because...." No one really cares if specific people that no one knows are leaving.
    It won't happen though because the only reason people rant is because they think their rant is life changing. They will know that no normal person will be just randomly reading the rant section so in order to be paid attention to they will still just post here. We should add a keyword detector that if the work iphone pops up it auto moves it over to the iphone forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Does anyone else here think that there should be a subforum for all those "I'm returning my Pre" or "I hate the Pre" posts that pop up quite often? It would give people a place to vent their anger and frustration, but also keep the main forum less cluttered and full of more useful information. What do you guys think?
    Those posts are useful information for a lot of people. If you don't like them then don't read them.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    whats useful about a self involved rant thread popping up every two minutes when there are numerous bug fixes and wish list threads?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Those posts are useful information for a lot of people. If you don't like them then don't read them.
    I'm not quite sure I understand this. How is someone who posts that they're leaving sprint and the Pre useful? I now realize that my idea wouldn't work too well to keep the trolls out of the main forum. Trolls will post wherever they feel like.

I'm just trying to think of ways to unclutter the main forum :-/
    If people would search for threads with the same topic and post there, it would hopefully result in there not being 40 threads on the same topic. Wishful thinking though.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    If people would search for threads with the same topic and post there, it would hopefully result in there not being 40 threads on the same topic. Wishful thinking though.
    Unfortunately, that will never happen. Most people never use the search function for some reason, even tho spending a few minutes searching will find all the information they are looking for. Most people are just lazy...