Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Jimmy Fallon just busted out the Palm Pre on his late night show! Just shared his pictures and talked about the ability to multi-task for a few minutes. Looks like Sprint is really trying to bulk up their advertising.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just saw it. Great plug, but it seemed very awkward. kinda like the new "Flow" commercials. The audience didn't seem to know what to think of it.
    Good to hear. I'm streaming Pandora while reading your post and replying. I also just took a pic of my pup and have my pics displayed in the background.

Goodness like this needs to be shared through publicity.

I swear, the longer I have this critter the more in love I become with it.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Sweet! Now if only someone would make Jimmy Fallon worth watching.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    Jimmy Fallon just busted out the Palm Pre on his late night show! Just shared his pictures and talked about the ability to multi-task for a few minutes. Looks like Sprint is really trying to bulk up their advertising.
    Jimmy Fallon is a huge tech geek. Having fawned over the coming of the Palm Pre way back when, Palm went the distance and gave him one months ago. He did a little plug about it then, too. You might find it on YouTube.

Angelina Jolie is also an early adopter granted early ownership that gushed over it.

Hey, a little celebrity love never hurt.
  6. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Fallon said he owns Palm stock in the episode with Jim Kramer. No wonder he's promoting it.!?!?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    Fallon said he owns Palm stock in the episode with Jim Kramer. No wonder he's promoting it.!?!?
    Ya know, lots of the time people buy stock in a company is because they think they've got a really great product and also plan on buying the product themselves or think it will be a hit with others [ahem, cough, cough, myself].
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I remember an interview with engadget where Fallon was talking at CES where he went out on a limb and bought Palm's stock the day before the conference; and doubled his investment when the Pre was announced. If he's still holding that stock, he would have quadrupled his investment. Not bad
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    I'm really kicking myself for not buying Palm stock 5 months ago.
    That was a shameless plug, just awful in my mind. The audience was sitting there, silent, not giving a crap. Ending the plug with a giant sprint ad, what the hell was that. In show adverting never happened with Conan.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post

Hey, a little celebrity love never hurt.
    I feel like "celebrity love" is a large contributing factor for RIM pumping blackberries out like no other. When people who know nothing about smart phones see Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and other media whores using a BB they think "wow, I too can be like a 'famous' person and have a phone that 'does' email"

Glad to see Palm is trying to get it on that.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pezdukie View Post
    I remember an interview with engadget where Fallon was talking at CES where he went out on a limb and bought Palm's stock the day before the conference; and doubled his investment when the Pre was announced. If he's still holding that stock, he would have quadrupled his investment. Not bad
    That's a rare event in any investor's life, a complete home run. PreCES - $3.30/share, close today $14.63.
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-l...t-jimmy-fallon

This is the clip from march! I wanna see the clip from tonight, I'm sure dieter is working on it...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Nothing to see here. Move along...
    Last edited by chodaboy; 07/15/2009 at 01:13 AM.
  15. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    In show adverting never happened with Conan.
    Neither did humor that would appeal to someone other than a 13 year old loaded with monster energy drinks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Neither did humor that would appeal to someone other than a 13 year old loaded with monster energy drinks
    Conan is hilarious- and I'm neither 13 nor loaded with any energy drinks. Conan tends to appeal to youngish professionals like myself (I'm 30). Fallon makes me feel embarrassed and uncomfortable for him more than anything. Congrats to him for being successful, but I never understood why he's as liked as much as he is.

And it's pretty cool to see the Pre on tv.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Fallon makes me feel embarrassed and uncomfortable for him more than anything.
    You hit the nail on the head.
  18. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Conan is hilarious- and I'm neither 13 nor loaded with any energy drinks. Conan tends to appeal to youngish professionals like myself (I'm 30). Fallon makes me feel embarrassed and uncomfortable for him more than anything. Congrats to him for being successful, but I never understood why he's as liked as much as he is.

And it's pretty cool to see the Pre on tv.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't like Fallon or any of the late night guys really, but Conan is just extraordinarily stupid and immature. He's Jim Carrey in an even worse package, IMO.

I'll quit taking this thread off topic now and end by saying that I'm also glad to see the Pre getting some publicity, no matter who it's from at this point.
    The Roots are the primary reason to watch Jimmy Fallon. Without them his show is as bad as Conan, Kimmel and the rest.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Conan was awesome on Late Night. I was a religious watcher for the past 10 years. I wish he had stayed on Late Night because he's not the same on the Tonight Show and Fallon's show is pretty bad. But it's pretty cool to see someone who is a very public iPhone supporter (Fallon has been doing bits with the iPhone since he took over the show) start using a Pre and promote it publicly. That can only mean good things for Palm and for us.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast