Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great trick - only seems to work when Advanced gestures is turned-off.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami View Post
    Great trick - only seems to work when Advanced gestures is turned-off.
    Not saying your Pre might not be exhibiting some strange behavior (mine certainly has at times), but I have never witnessed any connection between Advanced Gestures and this. Mine have been on since the beginning.
    can you tell me again exactly where you are swiping, maybe im getting it wrong. Cheers
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Glad to help my fellow news junkies. I was seriously considering returning the Pre a few weeks ago until I stumbled across a connection between visiting m.forums.precentral.net first and then the NY Times mobile site. Not just the NY Times, but far too many (mobile) sites were just unreadable for me. What a shame, because the Pre in landscape with page down kicks hell out of the iPhone news reading experience imho.

Here is the thread I began a few weeks ago, for those interested:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ing-issue.html

Member Jason in that thread knows what is going on. It seems it is not the Pre but the websites themselves, that do not recognize the Pre. Like if it ain't baroque, don't fix it dwhitman.

The proof is the NY Times mobile site itself. Until last night (for me), it needed to be "zoomed" by going to m.forums.precentral.net first. The NY Times has apparently changed something on their end. The site now reads great on the Pre without aid and has also now become a zoom enabler. David Pogue never replied to my email about this, but I wonder...

I'd be happy to continue adding to the list. Please post sites where this has a positive effect.

mobile.washingtonpost.com
    m.usatoday.com
    mobile.time.com
    i.newsweek.com
    mobile.latimes.com
    m.detnews.com
    m.answers.com
    m.weightwatchers.com
    m.rememberthemilk.com
    Maybe this is why its called Web OS. Instead of allowing developers to actually create and release useful apps, we'll just find ways to render lots of web pages to work on the Pre!
    hi guys,

Wow, thanks I just tried them all and bookmarked them all.

I even added:

mobile.cnet.com
    mobile.pcworld.com

I do have a question, do you think we will be able to save these pages for off-line reading.

I'm looking for an app similar to the old Avantgo which just recently stopped providing their service to mobile users. It was great. Every morning, I would do a sync with their site using their software and then I had all my news and articles that I like so I can read them while on the subway going to work.

Do you think we can get something like that? Or a way to save the web pages.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12