Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Well, for those wanting to program, they have the SDK. I'll have a pretty polished App before Thanksgiving. I don't think it unlikely that there are a thousand or more like me. I also don't think I will only have one App by Thanksgiving. So it is entirely possible.
    Good luck with the app. Can't wait to see it in the app store (if I'm ever allowed to get a Pre). Developers are going to be the ones that ultimately decide this phone's fate and I hope they give it a .
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    If I had to wager a guess, the app store or drive up window or whatever they will call it will be starting up right around Labor Day and get in full swing in the fall of the year, just in time for the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    No way in hell there will be thousands of apps by year end. Not a chance some of you need a reality check. The SDK is srill almost 2 months out even if it comes in a month I just don't see it happening. Not a chance. You are setting yourself up for disapointment.
    Care to make a wager on that? Ready, for once, to put up some money to back up your constant denigrations?

I suspect not...
    explosion, I would be happy with a mere flow of a couple apps a day. When you see a new app only every other week or so it is hard to imagine an explosion. I know after the SDK comes out there will be more, but what about all of the people that supposedly already are working with palm and have access.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Care to make a wager on that? Ready, for once, to put up some money to back up your constant denigrations?

I suspect not...
    Actually, that's not unrealistic. Everything needs to go through their approval process, and if they can't get more than 30 apps through the process after several weeks, how are they going to get 1000's? Not likely.

Still don't understand how with all the devs they have right now (100s or 1000s), there's still only 30 apps. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes every day the number 30 goes to any number greater than 30, while every other platform has 1000s. Don't give me this crap about "ohhhhhh so and so app store had 2 apps at launch" BS. It's been several weeks and the number is stuck at 30. There's no excuse for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Actually, that's not unrealistic. Everything needs to go through their approval process, and if they can't get more than 30 apps through the process after several weeks, how are they going to get 1000's? Not likely.

Still don't understand how with all the devs they have right now (100s or 1000s), there's still only 30 apps. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes every day the number 30 goes to any number greater than 30, while every other platform has 1000s. Don't give me this crap about "ohhhhhh so and so app store had 2 apps at launch" BS. It's been several weeks and the number is stuck at 30. There's no excuse for that.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the App Catalog development is the current limit. I would assume there is a backlog of Apps to put in the catalog and once they open it, we will see a few a week for quite a while.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12