View Poll Results: If you had it to do all over again, would you get a Pre?

Voters
235. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

15 6.38%
  • Yes

61 25.96%
  • Heck Yes!!

145 61.70%
  • Wish I'd never heard of it!

2 0.85%
  • Wish I'd waited for the Pre 2!

12 5.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everything being equal, and that fact that it's been almost 6 weeks after the launch, has anyone who has a Pre regretted getting one? I'm just curious if all the hassles that users have gone through, from hardware issues, to plan issues, to multiple exchanges before getting a phone that works have been worth it? I'm not wanting to start a discussion on the phone itself, but just the highs and lows of being in on the start of a bleeding-edge technology. There is always the fun and joy of having the latest toy/gadget, but were the heart burns that I've been reading about here worth it?

Last edited by ivhs72; 07/14/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I'm still on my launch day pre, no issues with it. A few things I'd like to get added with software updates, but no regrets. I've come to really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Most likely some hardware issues really happened, but I can't believe it is as bad as a few here want us to think. Quite a few of the 'issues' posted here (and elsewhere) just smell of trolls. Judging from all of the crap I've read on many iPhone sites about the Pre, I'd say at least a few of these posts were iPhone fankiddies.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Of course I would.
    Yes, I came from an iPhone but I find the majority of the phones features to be great. I am just itching for some more apps, and better music player.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    I would definitely re-buy. I too am on a launch day pre and have zero issues. I am probably one of the few who can patiently wait for the SDK to be released for additional apps.
  6.    #6  
    I have an iPhone, which I really do enjoy. I have considered getting a Pre since I can add it onto my family plan for $19.99/month after the cost of the phone. I admit the things that have kept me from doing so are the discussions about the oreo effect (just what the heck is it?), the slider issues, and quite frankly, the lack of apps. I would have thought that with the 4-5 months of hype, Palm and Sprint would have been beating the bushes getting apps ready by the hundreds. Now, six weeks later, I don't see a huge increase in them. Anyone have any thoughts on why the apps are coming in dribs and drabs, and not deluges?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Still on my LaunchDay OG as well.

I have to say coming from the Instinct ( That I loved and had the OG Prelaunchday on that one as well) this thing is Crazy. yes there are things I would like for it to do and have but from the way things worked out for the instinct and things are going for this I see great things for this Phone.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My main issue has been signal strength/battery life. The funny thing is that today, despite a signal as weak as ever, I had the best battery life I've had yet. The only change I notice is a few fewer text message from becoming single again over the weekend. I'm wondering if notifications have some bug in it that eats battery. Also the Pre was on the touchstone for about hours straight. I wonder if the battery meter needed some recalibration.
    Last edited by KJ78; 07/14/2009 at 10:25 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    My main issue has been signal strength/battery life. The funny thing is that today, despite a signal as weak as ever, I had the best battery life I've had yet. The only change I notice is a few fewer text message from becoming single again over the weekend. I'm wondering if notifications have some bug in it that eats battery.
    Good point on the battery, I'd forgotten about that. But the new iPhone OS is giving some users less than expected battery life as well. So all is not well in Appleland either I would guess.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    With my iPhone I HAD to charge daily, and guess what? I HAVE to charge my Pre daily too...Shocking eh?
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I'm still on my launch day pre, no issues with it. A few things I'd like to get added with software updates, but no regrets. I've come to really appreciate it.
    I agree, and couldn't have said it better.
    I could have said it better though, and I could disagree more. lol
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I love bleeding edge technology.

Sure it's a .0 device. I knew that when I bought it.

Mine is pretty good, minor splotch in the screen (but in the browser, where I spend most of my time, it's hidden by the "back" button). It's exactly (or nearly so) that size.

And a TINY (1mm maybe) of oreo effect, when it's closed.
    i like how you put down pre 2 as an option. a friend is debating getting Tour or storm II (they have to stay verizon.) with so many phones coming out, i just want it now! if i was friend, i'd get tour bc i wouldn't want to wait and wait for storm II to come out. so glad that pre came out first and i could jump on it....lovin this phone!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I think most of us answered this question for ourselves towards the end of June. I was on the verge of returning it when I realized that there was no way I'd get such a nice way to check freeway traffic anywhere else. The screen's only competition is on the iPhone, and that thing doesn't multitask, or have Sprint's simply everything plan.

Unfortunately there's no uber-device that solves all of my gadget needs yet. Hopefully the software updates will bring the Pre close to that point.
    I still have the same phone from debut day. Solid as a rock knock on wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    I love bleeding edge technology.

Sure it's a .0 device. I knew that when I bought it.

Mine is pretty good, minor splotch in the screen (but in the browser, where I spend most of my time, it's hidden by the "back" button). It's exactly (or nearly so) that size.

And a TINY (1mm maybe) of oreo effect, when it's closed.
    Wow! Our Pre's are identical twins! Mine has the splotch in the exact same place and about 1mm of give. Not enough for me to take it back though. I don't notice either issue anymore.

I absolutely love mine!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    I still have the same phone from debut day. Solid as a rock knock on wood.
    Haw! I've been tubing there too! New Braunfles?
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I would get mine sooner than I did. I waited about a week after launch. What a wasted week that was! lol.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    wayy to many of these cry baby threads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast