View Poll Results: If you had it to do all over again, would you get a Pre?

Voters
235. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

15 6.38%
  • Yes

61 25.96%
  • Heck Yes!!

145 61.70%
  • Wish I'd never heard of it!

2 0.85%
  • Wish I'd waited for the Pre 2!

12 5.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Your poll needs an option: "I'd happily buy one after 2-6 months, whenever the 3rd party apps started flowing"

Wish I wasn't such a 'gotta have it now' gadget nerd. I got it. I love it (mostly). I'm keeping it.
    - Hardware is A+
    - Interface and web are A+
    - Onboard software is D-
    - User Pref options/settings are F
    - Apps are a low F-
    I couldnt wait to finally release my 700p of its duties! And I am glad to have a more capable OS, even if I have to wait for upgrades.

The homebrew crowd is filling in some needs as well!
    I have had no problems with my launch day Pre, and I absolutely love it. Sure there are a few things I would like to see addressed in future software updates (a message indicator light, alarms in the calendar to start), but overall my experience with the Pre has been great. I love the form factor, software, GPS, camera and stability of the Pre, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Go Pre!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    i like how you put down pre 2 as an option. a friend is debating getting Tour or storm II (they have to stay verizon.) with so many phones coming out, i just want it now! if i was friend, i'd get tour bc i wouldn't want to wait and wait for storm II to come out. so glad that pre came out first and i could jump on it....lovin this phone!

My intent with listing a Pre 2 was only to give an option to folks who like the Pre but want a more developed product, like a 2.x or 3.x instead of a 1.x. Who knows what the next generation will be called, and when and if it hits the streets.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    wayy to many of these cry baby threads
    What do you mean "cry baby threads". I, for one, don't have a Pre and could give a rip less about what it does and doesn't do. I was simply curious to see how the early purchasers are feeling about the overall experience of having a new technology phone, given the anticipation and real world post-purchase experiences. Notice this is a poll question, and the results are showing that over 9 out of 10 users would do it all over again.

Last edited by ivhs72; 07/15/2009 at 11:25 AM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    Your poll needs an option: "I'd happily buy one after 2-6 months, whenever the 3rd party apps started flowing"

Wish I wasn't such a 'gotta have it now' gadget nerd. I got it. I love it (mostly). I'm keeping it.
    - Hardware is A+
    - Interface and web are A+
    - Onboard software is D-
    - User Pref options/settings are F
    - Apps are a low F-
    Good point, but I can't change the options now. But I see your concern about apps is the same as mine. I think the amount of apps for the iPhone is one reason that it continues to maintain it's market share. So many companies are designing apps just for that platform. There is one insurance company that promtes being able to fill out all your claim work from your phone - but it only works on the iPhone. Bank of America, Barnes & Noble, eBay, all offer free apps to enhance the use of the phone. I would have thought that Palm would be approaching/encouraging those types of companies to develop for the Pre.

For me it was: LG rumor or Palm Pre? You do the math.
    i came from an 800w, so i'm pretty darn happy so far (though, funny, my pre can't do things WM6.1 could do: stream radio, street view, etc. hopefully those are coming)
    However, last weekend rocked my world. friend let me play with his new 3G(s) and i thought i'd made a horrible mistake. it is so......effin......fast! 90% of the apps we could compare head-to-head i was 15 seconds slower - or more.

Of course, the Pre being slow and the derth of apps stung quite a bit, but i'm calmed down now. honestly, for me the form factor, batt exchange, hacking potential, and multi-tasking (in that order) make me fine with my choice...but i guess time will tell.

dave
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    By the way, minus one from the "no" side. I misread.
    After what I was able to do on my business trip last week, there is no way I'd want to redo another trip without the Pre. I was able to get routed to a closer airport and would have been home 4 hours earlier instead of the 1 hour because of one flight being full. BTW the flightview app does actually show gates if the airport shows them. American Airlines at Chicago Ohare does.
    No regrets here, Wish it had more Memory ( 16gb would be plenty, & a functional track ball/pad would make entering /changing text easier. I know the apps will come so that is something I understand, , on the hardware side the Pre was IMO a Prematurely launched device. To compete with the Top Phones ( BB/iPhone) The Pre could have come out with more memory and a track pad, why have a QWERTY kb and not have additional button nav option.

oh and of course Battery life......
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    a track pad, why have a QWERTY kb and not have additional button nav option.
    Hold the orange button and swipe left to right on your screen when entering text. Not as good as a trackpad, but definitely better than trying to tap in that specific spot.
    I've had mine for about a week now and am still getting used to it. I'd like to see more apps rolling out, but I'm patient. Mostly, I'm glad I kept the piece of plastic on the screen... beautiful, but waaaayyyy to easy to scratch. I guess I'll wait to see what happens in the next new updates.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I personally wouldn't.

The software is fantastic. WebOS is a joy to use.

The hardware, however, is horrible. The actual specs may be good, but the build quality of the device is way below what it should be for such an expensive phone. I honestly regret that I didn't just get a refund before my 30 days were up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12