Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Second time this happened; first time I let it go because I just got my pre (when it was released) and then a couple of updates came along. Today I received a call from a co-worker, and my Pre notified me that I dropped the call after 2 minutes of talking, I pressed "call back" and he was still on the line, happened again and this time I dismissed it, went into my contacts and selected his number, but instead of dialing, he was still connected! He was saying "hello? hello? you there?"

The first time this happened I finished a conversation and hung up/slid the phone app card away. The call ended notification was present. I attempted to call a different contact but the Pre would just bring me back to the phone app connected to the last contact who could not hang up their land line and I heard them cursing with confusion. This is NOT a glitch/bug that I want in a phone! SCARY!
    wow that's freaky. I haven't seen or had this happen to me and I hope it never does lol.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Criminy. Something just like this happened to me today. I actually use the "phone" part of this device more than anything else so no bueno. Let's hope Palm's aware of it and squishes this bug soon.

If you've seen similar strange behavior in the dialer app speak up!
    had the same thing happen a couple of days ago got notification call was dropped but when I tried calling back they were already on the phone, then they hung up because they couldn't hear me while I was hitting redial
    me too
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    also getting really slow dialing sometimes, like 10 seconds later the tones and digits all pop at once.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Sounds like a nasty one. I haven't experienced that one yet. I tend to run into very few bugs or crashes. Maybe this has to do with me resetting my phone daily?
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Sounds like a nasty one. I haven't experienced that one yet. I tend to run into very few bugs or crashes. Maybe this has to do with me resetting my phone daily?
    That's a good strategy. Whenever my Pre starts acting weird, I reboot. That usually gets it working properly. We probably have some memory leaks or other bugs that will be fixed, hopefully soon.

All the whining on this board is typical for a new tech phone. The same thing happened when the iPhone came out.

I had a relative ask about buying a Pre and I recommended that he wait till Sept. I figure things should be pretty stable and features more complete by then.

I am happy with my Pre. I guess I had a more realistic expectation than some for a new phone with a new OS.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Second time this happened; first time I let it go because I just got my pre (when it was released) and then a couple of updates came along. Today I received a call from a co-worker, and my Pre notified me that I dropped the call after 2 minutes of talking, I pressed "call back" and he was still on the line, happened again and this time I dismissed it, went into my contacts and selected his number, but instead of dialing, he was still connected! He was saying "hello? hello? you there?"

The first time this happened I finished a conversation and hung up/slid the phone app card away. The call ended notification was present. I attempted to call a different contact but the Pre would just bring me back to the phone app connected to the last contact who could not hang up their land line and I heard them cursing with confusion. This is NOT a glitch/bug that I want in a phone! SCARY!
    Okay, this may or may not be related, but back in the "olden days" of land lines, if a person initiates a call, the call won't properly hang up until the initiator hangs up. At least, that's the way I remember it, it could be vice versa. One could literally tie up another person's line by not hanging up.

In any case, I'm just guessing that if you had a hiccup in the connection and the phone thought the call was dropped, it still wouldn't be until the other party hangs up.

Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Whoa!
    Oddly, this happened to me yesterday.

However, I was in the middle of nowhere...
    Something like that happened to me too. It appeared to be stuck on a person I called before. I left a 2 min message at my wifes work voice mail. I had to reboot. Didn't happen since, but I don't want to see that anymore.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Ya rebooting fixes it for me, I can deal with other bugs, but this one is unacceptable, can be very embarrassing. Can you imagine ending a call, the Pre says you ended it in notification area and someone is listening to you as you go abou your business? It could happen.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    sorry about this but I'm still kinda nervous and looking for some extra attention.

bump

I know you guys at Palm/Sprint are on this one toot sweet -thanx
    Gee, no one's said "It's a version 1 phone, bugs are expected" yet.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.