Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Went to the Sprint store today to return my Pre for my old Treo 755p. They said it would be a $50 restocking fee to do so. It even says it on the receipt - $35 for phones and $50 for PDAs. Argued with them but I really have no case since it also says it on the receipt.

    Think I can have them charge it to my account and call a rep to take it off?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    Went to the Sprint store today to return my Pre for my old Treo 755p. They said it would be a $50 restocking fee to do so. It even says it on the receipt - $35 for phones and $50 for PDAs. Argued with them but I really have no case since it also says it on the receipt.

    Think I can have them charge it to my account and call a rep to take it off?
    Call retentions and lodge a complaint. It IS their policy, but it is a punk @ss policy. So, try to argue and see what happens. For some reason, I *thought* the policy was for exchanges NOT returms. You didn't exchange. But, I may be mistaken.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  3. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    Went to the Sprint store today to return my Pre for my old Treo 755p. They said it would be a $50 restocking fee to do so. It even says it on the receipt - $35 for phones and $50 for PDAs. Argued with them but I really have no case since it also says it on the receipt.

    Think I can have them charge it to my account and call a rep to take it off?
    Yes, you can. Sprint sucks. I have a thread on the exact same thing here. By the way, it actually doesn't say that on the receipt, if you notice. It says: "a $35 restocking fee will be charged to exchange a device for a different model or color. This fee does not apply to returns and will be collected when the device is exchanged."

    Pretty sure there's only one color, and only one model, so the fee doesn't apply. They also expressly state that if you're returning it, there's no fee. The fee they're referring to that is to be collected when it is exchanged, is the previously mentioned $35 fee- which is charged only when you exchange it for a different model or color.

    It may seem confusing at first, but ask any English teacher. The reality is that Sprint absolutely, 100% without a doubt, has the most incompetent people I've ever dealt with in a company.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Yes, you can. Sprint sucks. I have a thread on the exact same thing here. By the way, it actually doesn't say that on the receipt, if you notice. It says: "a $35 restocking fee will be charged to exchange a device for a different model or color. This fee does not apply to returns and will be collected when the device is exchanged."

    Pretty sure there's only one color, and only one model, so the fee doesn't apply. They also expressly state that if you're returning it, there's no fee. The fee they're referring to that is to be collected when it is exchanged, is the previously mentioned $35 fee- which is charged only when you exchange it for a different model or color.

    It may seem confusing at first, but ask any English teacher. The reality is that Sprint absolutely, 100% without a doubt, has the most incompetent people I've ever dealt with in a company.
    I've been with Sprint for 10+ years and have always had EXCELLENT customer service from (and this is an important distinction) Sprint CORPORATE. The Sprint retailers are a whole 'nother ball-o-wax. But Sprint Corporate has been great through the years.

    Oh, and as it so happens, I teach English at a university
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  5. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    I've been with Sprint for 10+ years and have always had EXCELLENT customer service from (and this is an important distinction) Sprint CORPORATE. The Sprint retailers are a whole 'nother ball-o-wax. But Sprint Corporate has been great through the years.

    Oh, and as it so happens, I teach English at a university
    I'm in California, and I hear it may be a little different here. In my experience, Sprint Corporate is pretty damned awful as well.

    So... English, huh? I wish I taught at a University. Ah, the memories of college... And you get to experience that everyday? Color me jealous.
  6. anish3232's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #6  
    Sprint Corporate stores are awful. I have been on a waitlist of a replacement since 6/26. If you call each day, they have Pres in for sale. Stupid if you cant exchange a broken Pre one thats with a nonworking earpiece, I understand dead pixels and loose sliders but a phone that doesnt work is different then a working phone waiting for a replacement. I chewed out my sprint rep for Ford, I also have a friend in Sprint Executive Services so he was helpful too. Finally got a call from the store manager that they will replace it, I just needed to come in.
  7. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    Went to the Sprint store today to return my Pre for my old Treo 755p. They said it would be a $50 restocking fee to do so. It even says it on the receipt - $35 for phones and $50 for PDAs.....
    Sounds like it may just be the policy of a 3rd party store. Each store has their own policy though the offical Sprint policy is a $35 fee for exchanges only and most 3rd party stores stick to that.
    Chances are good if they are 3rd party they cannot bill it for you but if you pay the fee Sprint may credit your bill anyway since that is a fee you really shouldn't have to pay.

    Sorry you're having trouble, hope you can get it resolved amicably.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Sounds like it may just be the policy of a 3rd party store. Each store has their own policy though the offical Sprint policy is a $35 fee for exchanges only and most 3rd party stores stick to that.
    Chances are good if they are 3rd party they cannot bill it for you but if you pay the fee Sprint may credit your bill anyway since that is a fee you really shouldn't have to pay.

    Sorry you're having trouble, hope you can get it resolved amicably.
    Think you're right. I don't think it's a Sprint Corp store. Online Sprint.com calls it a "Sprint Store By Direct Store"

    My receipt reads exactly like this

    ""Phone Returns and Exchanges within 30 Days of Purchase with Receipt, Box, and all accessories in a new condition fees apply,

    Phone Re-Stocking fee $35.00
    PDA Re-Stocking fee $50.00

    Outright Phone Sale No refunds!!!
    Exchanges only within 7 days with Re-Stock Fees Only if Manufacture defect and Phone is in New Condition.
    Complete Box and all Contents required.
    Thank you!
    PDA Re-Stocking fee $50.00""

Posting Permissions