Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I just got back to my Pre and saw a notification with three missed calls, a notification with two voicemails, and a notification with five new emails.

I didn't want to return the top missed call that was showing, but I wanted to see the other two, so I poked it. The Pre started dialing that number. I quickly hung up and looked at the notification again. I didn't want to return that call either, so I swiped it off the right side of the screen. Well, the whole notification was gone. I had to go into the phone app to see who the third (actually, the first) call was from.

Does anybody agree with me that the missed call notification should bring up a list of your missed calls rather than calling the LAST missed call?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I agree. Hope a fix is in order.
    +1.

Several times I have tried to check a missed call late at night and the phone started dialing. I hope I haven't awakened anyone with this mistake.
    +1
    This happened to me until I learned something interesting about the Pre's notifications.
    If you look at your missed call notification, theres an icon on the left, then the right side is a longer rectangle with the name of the caller and time they called. Instead of tapping the name/time, tap the icon on the left with the missed call/phone icon. Doing that will bring up the call log.

Same with emails and so on, if you tap the picture of the mail, it will bring you to your inbox. Tapping the message etc will open the message.

It's actually two icons on the same line.

Hope that was clear.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moloukhya View Post
    This happened to me until I learned something interesting about the Pre's notifications.
    If you look at your missed call notification, theres an icon on the left, then the right side is a longer rectangle with the name of the caller and time they called. Instead of tapping the name/time, tap the icon on the left with the missed call/phone icon. Doing that will bring up the call log.

Same with emails and so on, if you tap the picture of the mail, it will bring you to your inbox. Tapping the message etc will open the message.

Hope that was clear.
    Thank you very much. That makes all the difference.
    That's a big problem with the Pre; everything is SO easy you freak out when it takes some digging to figure something out. It took me a few minutes of just focusing on the notifications before I figured out the double icon / same line thing. So...it's still the Pre's fault for making everything else so easy, you question anything that's not! LOL!
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?

Hope that was clear.
    Yeah. I learned that the first day on more of an accident. It isnt intuitive as it appears to be one large icon rather than two seperate ones that take you down different paths (eg. missed log vs. direct dialing the last missed call).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I just got back to my Pre and saw a notification with three missed calls, a notification with two voicemails, and a notification with five new emails.

I didn't want to return the top missed call that was showing, but I wanted to see the other two, so I poked it. The Pre started dialing that number. I quickly hung up and looked at the notification again. I didn't want to return that call either, so I swiped it off the right side of the screen. Well, the whole notification was gone. I had to go into the phone app to see who the third (actually, the first) call was from.

Does anybody agree with me that the missed call notification should bring up a list of your missed calls rather than calling the LAST missed call?
    Poke it on the far left side, on top of the phone icon. Then it will call your missed call list.
    Since I got scooped on that, I'll also say, you can dismiss the notification by sliding it to the left or right.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Good info. Along these same lines, the music player "notification" box has a dual purpose too: in addition to rewind, play/pause, and fast-forward buttons, if you tap the far left of the rectangle it will open the music player app.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Hope that was clear.
    It doesn't on mine. On messages, it just clears the notifications, provided there is more than one. On Tweed it goes to the timeline, but not many other apps, I've noticed.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Good find

Hope that was clear.
    I typically visit the mobile version of the forum from my Pre, but I had to switch over to the full site to give you thanks for this one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    That's a big problem with the Pre; everything is SO easy you freak out when it takes some digging to figure something out. It took me a few minutes of just focusing on the notifications before I figured out the double icon / same line thing. So...it's still the Pre's fault for making everything else so easy, you question anything that's not! LOL!
    I disagree. I love my Pre, but some things just aren't obvious. I think that a clearly drawn button for each option would make it more intuitive. Where the caller's name and number should be replaced within a button with a label something like, "Return call to Mike ...".
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    I think it works quite well maybe you guys should just learn how it works, click the icon to the left to bring up the list and click the actual notification to call back the person... Where is the miss understanding or problem.??
    molo and hparsons, thanks for the tips. The missed call thing has been annoying me for a bit since it always calls back, it's very good to know that i can avoid that happening. The fact I can slide a notification off the side should have been obvious, but it wasn't and I was sick of my alarm always showing...lol
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Another tip: you can "minimize" the larger notification with the "back" gesture (R to L to either side of the center button). I use this when I can see what the notification is, but choose to deal with it later.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Hope that was clear.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I disagree. I love my Pre, but some things just aren't obvious. I think that a clearly drawn button for each option would make it more intuitive. Where the caller's name and number should be replaced within a button with a label something like, "Return call to Mike ...".
    ... You just agreed with him? That's pretty much what he said.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast