Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm waiting to receive my first Palm Pre and plan on installing the Invisible Shield. After reading through the horror stories on this forum, I'm afraid that if I install the Invisible Shield and then have to exchange the Pre, I'll be out $30 on the Shield. Does anyone know if there is any type of replacement policy for the Invisible Shield in that case?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Why would there be? There was nothing wrong with the IS.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    You pay around 5 bucks to invisibleshield and they will send you a new one. This happened to me. Just be sure to keep your receipt and register the shield as soon as you get it.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    Why would there be? There was nothing wrong with the IS.
    I thought I had read somewhere else that Zagg would replace the shield, but I can't find any confirmation of that. I guess I'll just have to take my chances. With a big yellow lab in the house who loves carrying cell phones around, I can't really risk not having the shield on it.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msc1 View Post
    You pay around 5 bucks to invisibleshield and they will send you a new one. This happened to me. Just be sure to keep your receipt and register the shield as soon as you get it.
    Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
    use wide packaging tape. peels off without residue left on the screen, get a whole roll of it for like $4, thick enough to soak up all the scratches and dings, also can be applied to the entire phone - not just the screen. works good
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    use wide packaging tape. peels off without residue left on the screen, get a whole roll of it for like $4, thick enough to soak up all the scratches and dings, also can be applied to the entire phone - not just the screen. works good
    I'm not quite understanding this? Why do you need wide packaging tape?
    That's interesting...
    Buy IS at BB and install it on your Pre. If you have probs with Pre, take it to BB first with your IS installed on it and inform them you're not happy with the IS product. Cite any number of reasons others don't like it (sticky, streaky, bubbles, gesture interference). Remove it in front of them and hand it, along with original packaging, back to them for refund. Then swap out phone, buy new IS from BB and install. Worked like a champ ... just make sure you time it all out. 30 day return policies at play. You're not out the extra $ for the second IS and likely won't have to wait for it to ship to you. Just another option.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    I'm not quite understanding this? Why do you need wide packaging tape?
    well standard packaging tape will cover the screen, but the wide stuff will cover the entire top slide in 1 single piece and all you gotta do is cut along the crack - without touching the phone of course
    Yah, and duct tape makes a good holster too...
    They have always sent me a new one when I had to replace my device. Make sure you take the old one off before Sprint keeps it.

Oh.. and BTW.. This is in the wrong forum. It should have been in Palm Pre Accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yah, and duct tape makes a good holster too...
    hmm perhaps.. ill find out.. maybe i can duct tape that gay little pouch to my leg and make it useful?

but seriously, when your whole family/friends have nice phones, it gets pretty expensive to buy the scratch protectors for 10 phones, especially when they always seem to attract pocket lint/dust along the edges and the glue gets gooey in the sun etc etc.. peel off, cut new tape, replace, done in 2 minutes.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    first off i'm sorry that ur a cubs fan and a liftime of anguish awaits you.

secondly i had the IS installed and while it worked fine i did not like the filmyness of it. it made the pre look less flashy. so i uninstalled it and mailed back to them saying i didnt like the performance. got my $$ back.

if u get IS have BB install it for $8. they do it all the time and will do much better then u will.

and consider not using IS. i found that over the past 2 weeks of use with no IS the pre is holding up fine. just dont put keys in the pocket with it (or other obvious things like that). mine is fine so far. and it looks pretty bad *** if left untouched.

just my thoughts. enjoy ur pre (with/out IS). sweet phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by le_seus View Post
    first off i'm sorry that ur a cubs fan and a liftime of anguish awaits you.

secondly i had the IS installed and while it worked fine i did not like the filmyness of it. it made the pre look less flashy. so i uninstalled it and mailed back to them saying i didnt like the performance. got my $$ back.

if u get IS have BB install it for $8. they do it all the time and will do much better then u will.

and consider not using IS. i found that over the past 2 weeks of use with no IS the pre is holding up fine. just dont put keys in the pocket with it (or other obvious things like that). mine is fine so far. and it looks pretty bad *** if left untouched.

just my thoughts. enjoy ur pre (with/out IS). sweet phone.
    I wouldn't completely agree with "they do it all the time". Everytime I go into one of the Best Buy's in my town (Tulsa), I ask them if they have installed an IS on a Pre or any other device for that matter. 90% of the time they say they have never done the Pre and do very few others. Frankly, I have seen very shotty jobs done by BB people. They aren't trained in putting them on. The only practice they get is putting it on your device. I have had much better luck doing it myself where I can take as much time as I need and get it exactly how I want.

ANd if you are wondering, I got to Best Buy about twice a week.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhawksr1 View Post
    If you have probs with Pre, take it to BB first with your IS installed on it and inform them you're not happy with the IS product. Cite any number of reasons others don't like it (sticky, streaky, bubbles, gesture interference). Remove it in front of them and hand it, along with original packaging, back to them for refund. Then swap out phone, buy new IS from BB and install.
    It is this mindset - that it's somehow ok to rip off giant corporations - that contributes to rising prices and ever more restrictive return policies. Good job.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    BestSkinsEver......only losing 7 bucks, i normally order 2-3 at a time just in case i mess up
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    It is this mindset - that it's somehow ok to rip off giant corporations - that contributes to rising prices and ever more restrictive return policies. Good job.
    Thanks for the kudos! Trust me, BB won't be out a thing and there are plenty of competitive options to IS that can replace them if they choose to pull out of the giant corporation sales channel due to consumer return practices.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I bought the IS through Zagg's website for $24.99 (less 20% coupon I found). I had to exchange my Pre, and took the IS off.

I went to Zagg's website, and since I bought it online it's already registered. I logged into my account, clicked "Replace" and chose the option that said, "My device needed repair, so I need a replacement." They will charge me $3.95 to ship, plus $24.95. The $24.95 charge will "fall off" after I return my original IS to them.

If you buy from Best Buy, they'll probably do an immediate swap, but it'll cost a little more for the IS up front.
    The IS has a lifetime warranty so it is my understanding that any reason whatsoever you need to replace it they do so for free less S&H. Can you use retail outlets to get the replacement under warranty and avoid the S&H?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast