Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Here's some shots for you. One is full screen, the other two overlapping closeups.

Account/personal information wiped for obvious reasons.

Oh, and my pop up blocker is "on".
    Thanks a lot for the info. Any thoughts you have on why it is not working for me? Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I was hoping Opera would make a browser.
    The browser right now feels like meh.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You don't say if you tried a hard reset yet. Before doing that, have you tried shutting off the phone, removing the battery, re-installing and they trying again?
    I did reset (without erase). i also removed the battery. It didn't help. This is very puzzling.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Save your sighs. Most don't refer to that as an installation.
    My quote was: "removing the battery, re-installing"

I thought it was fairly obvious, that's why I "sighed." I should have worded it better by saying "removing and re-installing the battery." My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info. Any thoughts you have on why it is not working for me? Any suggestions?
    Have you tried turning your pop up blocker to off? Even thought jp99's works with the pop up blocker on, maybe his pop up blocker doesn't work?

I know it's reaching but since all the other Pre's that you've tried cannot access the site, jp99's is different in some way.
  6.    #46  
    Have you tried turning your pop up blocker to off? Even thought jp99's works with the pop up blocker on, maybe his pop up blocker doesn't work?

I know it's reaching but since all the other Pre's that you've tried cannot access the site, jp99's is different in some way.
    Yes, I tried with the pop up blocker off. It didn't help. I am ready to give up on this.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Nothing I can think of, except my phone is totally stock. No rooting, nothing special done to the phone codes, etc. It's possible if you've rooted the Pre or installed some homebrew apps that those could have some effect - maybe?

My browser preferences are: block popups, accept cookies, and JavaScript on.

I think you said you already tried clearing cookies and cache, but if not, that might be worth a try.

I'm at 1.0.4 for WebOS too.
    Could there be any type of account settings on the website itself when accessing from a PC that need to be set up/changed?

Maybe changing your password to something else could cause the Pre to reset whatever seems to be hosing it up.
  9.    #49  
    Could there be any type of account settings on the website itself when accessing from a PC that need to be set up/changed?

Maybe changing your password to something else could cause the Pre to reset whatever seems to be hosing it up.
    I changed my userid and I can log in fine now. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. What a nightmare this has been. My guess is that it didn't work before is because the userid had all digits. After I made the userid alphanumeric starting with letters, it worked.

This only shows people at Palm and Sprint had no clue on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks again. Case closed. I am happy as a bird.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 07/20/2009 at 12:45 AM.
    I'm glad this story had a happy ending. Thanks for letting us know.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I changed my userid and I can log in fine now.

Thanks again. Case closed. I am happy as a bird.
    Woohoo! Glad to see you got it fixed. This was bugging me too and I don't even have an account there.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I would say this may have something to do with the Autocorrect feature of the pre. At present, it works in the Username field, thus auto-capitalizing the first letter. If this happens (e.g., if the user name field reads "Kulf" instead of "kulf", just press backpace after the first letter (K) to change it to lower case.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I was gonna suggest eTrade. Works great for me. I'm just waiting for the app to come out that tells me when I'm making a stupid trade and stops me before I do it.
    I don't think another browser is out yet. I've asked in a couple of other posts to see if anyone has found something like opera/bolt browser's for bberry.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123