Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have a question that I am hoping someone here can answer.

If I were to purchase a Treo Pro online, would I be able to exchange it for a PRE in store within my 30 days? Since both of the phones are the same price, would they do an even exchange or would they give me a credit for the Treo Pro and bill me again for the PRE. Any additional cost in doing this? Would they charge another activation fee for activating the Pre? Thanks.
    they would do a return + credit for the treo
    then new order + purchase for the pre

it would be a wash and there should be no additional fees (they should refund the $18 upgrade fee when you return the phone - then charge you the $18 fee when you buy the new phone).

However, each store can be a little different in how they operate..

worst case scenario:

Return the Treo
    They have to ship it back to the warehouse
    You have to wait 4-6 weeks for the contract to be removed
    Also 1-2 billing cycles for your money back
    Once contract is removed, you can purchase the Pre for $199
    which means you would have no Palm for 4-6 weeks..
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Do they automatically charge a restocking fee as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
    Do they automatically charge a restocking fee as well?
    i'm not aware of a restocking fee nor have i ever charged a customer a restocking fee when you replace the phone with an entire different model.

there is a fee when you return your phone for the same exact phone - but in a different color.

edit: I do believe best buy charges a restocking fee, but I'm not sure (they wanted to charge a restocking fee for returning a phone - dont know about exchanges), also I'm not sure what the policies of radioshack/walmart are. I only know sprint's policies.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    The exchange will need to be processed through the same channel where the initial purchase was made and a $35 restocking fee will be charged. Why not buy the Pre? or why not buy the Pro in store and then return it?
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    The exchange will need to be processed through the same channel where the initial purchase was made and a $35 restocking fee will be charged. Why not buy the Pre? or why not buy the Pro in store and then return it?
    I've been waiting for Sprint to sell the Pre online since it was released but it doesn't seem like they will be releasing this phone for online sales anytime soon so I was thinking of getting it through this roundabout way.

The reason I want to buy it online is because I can get free shipping, no activation fees, and $50 new service credit for each new line I open. At this point I would not mind paying the $35 restocking fee just to get the Pre but would I be able to do this exchange since I would be purchasing the Treo pro online but since they do not sell the Pre online I would be unable to exchange the Pro for the Pre?
    i say you go into the store...chances are they will price match everything you described

(in store makes commission, so they are willing to work with you)

Better yet, go to a Best Buy and talk to them for a price match
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll try that.