16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 25.00%
  • No

9 56.25%
  • Crack or Meth?

3 18.75%
  1.    #1  
    Well it works. I took my employee plan and activated a palm pre.

I just wrote then deleted a long detailed tutorial for .. security reasons..

So here is a simplified version:

Step 1 - Get a pre. eBay, craislist, pay a friend to steal their eligibility.. something, just get a Pre somehow (can be hard if your area/store is sold out)

Step 2 - make sure the pre isnt active.. ..

Step 3 - Call customer care and make sure you are reaching Dealer Care.

Step 4 - make them swap you to the pre WITHOUT changing your socs.

Step 5 - if they say you need to be on unlimited, tell them they are wrong, if they won't swap for you, hang up, call back. Also retention can swap for you.

Step 6 - cross your fingers and hope the hands-free activation will work, since you cannot manually program a Pre yet.

But details aside, it is possible to activate a Pre on a dealer plan as long as your plan includes data. Instincts too.
    Hey i have a employee account and i just got the pre brand new off ebay
    but when i activate it it activates to the point that is activated but the ev symbol never appears so i can't get pass the palm profile screen.

but i can make and recieve calls

and i know its not just my area because my girlfriend has a palm pre on her Non-employee account and it has the ev when she activates. therefore she can create her profile no problem

so how did u get urs to activate and get pass the palm profile screen. on an employee account
    i tried customer service but after 45 mins and nothing
    they want me to take it to a store thats 40 miles away
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kstyles662 View Post
    Hey i have a employee account and i just got the pre brand new off ebay
    but when i activate it it activates to the point that is activated but the ev symbol never appears so i can't get pass the palm profile screen.

but i can make and recieve calls

and i know its not just my area because my girlfriend has a palm pre on her Non-employee account and it has the ev when she activates. therefore she can create her profile no problem

so how did u get urs to activate and get pass the palm profile screen. on an employee account
    i tried customer service but after 45 mins and nothing
    they want me to take it to a store thats 40 miles away

not much you can do. Just have to make sure that you have an unlimited data plan and also that your NAI is enabled. The palm has to activate via the web, so if your internet is blocked or removed, your phone will never activate.

I had the same issue with a Pre, I could only make emergency calls or call customer care,... but if i click "emergency call" then delete "911" and type a real phone number, it would make the call as an active phone, but nothing else would work.

try enabling wifi and connecting it to a router, see if it can use the internet connection from wifi to activate a phone - i've never tried this or heard of anyone trying this but it sounds crazy enough that it might work.

and what do you mean "palm profile screen" ?

Did you select language then see the big check mark saying "your phone has been activated" ? Then it goes to the create profile screen afterwards
    yes thanks
    thats what i meant
    It activated fine
    but then goes to the screen where it asks you to create or signin to a palm profile