Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've heard about this Pick 3 plan you can have with Sprint, but I've called them and they said they don't offer anything like that. I know that it's available because people here say they have it. How do I go about getting this added to my plan?
    Only Retentions/Account Services can add it on.
    It was offered to me on launch day when I had to change plans from an old Nextel Free Incoming plan as a way to comepensate for me giving up the free incoming minutes. I acutally have the pick 5 plan. But I also told them I was going to leave (idle threat). The retention department is the only one that can give it though.
    Yeah, as mentioned, regular CS can't add it nor will they usually acknowledge it is an available option.
    Could someone please explain to me (perhaps others are curious as well?) what a pick 3/5 plan is? Is this like free calls always to these 3/5 phone numbers always, no matter what carrier they are on? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Could someone explain to me (perhaps others are curious as well?) what a pick 3/5 plan is? Is this like free calls always to these 3/5 phone numbers always, no matter what carrier they are on?
    Yes. It's like Alltell's circle or t-mobiles fave 5. Unlimited calls to 3/5 numbers from whichever line has pick 3/5. I have a pick 3 on my account. I just asked for it from retentions when I canceled an extra line and they gave it to me...after I reminded them that I'd been told I could get that some months back once my account was switched to the new billing program.
    I called retentions today... due to getting the run around yesterday at my Sprint Corporate store about exchanging my pre. I have a defective slider. They told me they have new phones in stock but I can't have one. They'de have to order me one. So anyway, my threat to leave Sprint was NOT an idle threat. I got offered the pick 5 and they refunded my device upgrade fee. Very nice, all in all. I did find out from retentions that they have no way of getting you satisfaction at the store level. I may just return/rebuy.

Anyway, I do have a question about the pick 5 -- the rep said you can go onto the Sprint website and pick your five or change them at any time. He put the first two numbers in for me. I went to the site but cannot see where to add the numbers. Anyone know?
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    If you don't have the Unlimited Everything Plan you are just wasting time with the Pre.
    I was told that you have to call in your pick 3/5. There is no way of entering them online, at least that is what they told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Could someone please explain to me (perhaps others are curious as well?) what a pick 3/5 plan is? Is this like free calls always to these 3/5 phone numbers always, no matter what carrier they are on? Thanks.
    It is unlimited FREE anytime calling to 3 or 5 numbers (including landlines or your voicemail account). It is awesome. However, you do have to commit to a one year contract in order to get it. But, if you balk at that, like I did, you can get them to add it without the additional contract requirement.

Since you are on a two year contract anyway, it wouldn't change your maturity date by much. But say you wait a year and then ask for it... well, that will add an additional year to your account.

If you call and very nicely tell them that you are thinking of switching to Verizon *specifically* for their pick 5 plan... retentions will offer it to you
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrannan View Post
    If you don't have the Unlimited Everything Plan you are just wasting time with the Pre.
    What are you talking about? I think most of us (if not all) have the Everything plus Data plans. That has nothing to do with a pick 3 or 5 as even on the everything plans you still are constrained to a certain minute allotment.
    Why do you say this? I have a Pre and the unlimited data everything plan. Only used 250 minutes of prime time voice last month. I really HATE being on a phone -- makes me feel tied. Most of my mobile communication is via text and email (It's so much less invasive and I can respond when I'm available).

So why am I wasting my time?
    Why is that? I have a 1500 minute shared plan with unlimited everything else. I pay about $110 for 2 lines (with my loyalty discounts), while the unlimited everything plan would cost me $100 for each line. I'm saving quite a bit, while losing nothing. With pick 3, I'm able to save more minutes. Care to explain how I'm wasting time?
    Quote Originally Posted by theturle View Post
    I was told that you have to call in your pick 3/5. There is no way of entering them online, at least that is what they told me.
    I was told this once and I was told that I could change it online. I've looked online and haven't found a place to make changes, so I'm assuming you need to call in to CS for changes.
    How do you get in contact with retentions so I could try this myself?
    I called 1-866-235-1185. Retentions added the pick 5 to my account no problem. But they did say to change a number I would have to call them back.
    Call and cancel.. Just don't be surprised if they call your bluff and tell you they will be sorry to see you go.
    The ONLY difference between the simply everything plans and the Everything data plan is unlimited minutes. It would be a waste for someone to get the simply everything plan if they don't even come close to using the daytime minutes on the everything data plan.

As far as the pick3/5, you have to call retentions to have them add or change them on your account.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I got pick 3 about 2 weeks ago and called to get my 3rd number added and they had a hard time because they said it was an "expired" offer, but eventually retentions added it. I tried to get free forwarding added for my gv acct to no avail though...
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I called and asked about it and they gave it to me. I just said my friend told me that he has a feature called Pick 3 on his line and that I wanted to add it to mine, but I couldn't find it online in the account manager. They told me that it's a special feature and that at anytime, without warning, they could remove it from my account. Oh well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast