Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have had 5 phones.

1st had 3 dead pixels.
    2nd one kept resetting randomly and dead pixels.
    2nd had dead pixels
    3rd had dead pixels and horrible dropped calls.
    4th same reason.
    5th... i think this one is the best so far. No dead pixels and it comes in better.

Just wondering if I have a record for defect returns?

I really love this phone though. I see some great stuff coming soon.
    Last edited by AcousticBruce; 07/14/2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    how soon is soon?!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    1st (launch day) - had a bubble under the screen
    2nd - returned only because it was cheaper to buy through my corp site.
    3rd - returned because 3 dead pixels and the speaker stopped working.
    currently on my 4th - everything is good but with each one the "oreo" affect gets worse.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I don't see one person having all these bad pres, I just don't believe it and this is coming from a person with a pre with a bubble
    I'm on Pre #3...and stopped there. So far, so good. The screen "light leak" at the bottom appears to be getting worse, but I'll deal. The 16GB version next year better kick arse LOL... (ok wishful thinking...)
    dead pixels....lol...
    I'm on my first pre. Got it on launch day. 1 red pixel (don't know if that means it's stuck or dead). My slider has a very tiny amount of play. No plans to try to replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I'm on Pre #3...and stopped there. So far, so good. The screen "light leak" at the bottom appears to be getting worse, but I'll deal. The 16GB version next year better kick arse LOL... (ok wishful thinking...)
    I'm with you totally! Hoping for a 16BG version next year with digital compass and the KB shifted down slightly in the slider area.
  9.    #9  
    Ya actually i was beginning to think all Pres have dead pixels.. What a stream of bad luck.

edit: ya dead or stuck.. i dont know they were just different colors than they should have been.

One cool thing did happen today though. Since I was still in my 30 days and I didnt send in the rebate yet (was waiting on a good phone so there were no issues with the reciept), they did give me a 100 dollar credit to my account so there was no issue. So I dont have to wait now. See folks Sprint is not bad, you just have to learn to talk to people (directed to those who think sprint is so horrible).
    And the purpose of this thread?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    take this with a grain of salt but when i returned my pre for the bad speaker and stuck pixel, the sprint rep said that palm was issuing a software "fix" for the problem.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    And the purpose of this thread?
    To see if I had the record for returned Pre's.

Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    take this with a grain of salt but when i returned my pre for the bad speaker and stuck pixel, the sprint rep said that palm was issuing a software "fix" for the problem.
    thats funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
    To see if I had the record for returned Pre's.
    lucky you.

Im on my first so you win.
    I have my Launch Day Pre as well, .... maybe 1 dead/stuck pixel which can only be seen on the reset palm screen in all honesty and very min if at all wiggle on screen .... occasionally i'll get a drop call here and there and I did get a free airave to help with reception in my apt. but other than that all is well ...

I think I deserve a good Pre though after what I went through with my Htc Touch (went through 4 of those) until Sprint felt bad for me and gave me a free Centro lol ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    My launch day pre was perfect (except for the bubble) it ran perfectly and had virtually NO wiggle. With each one the wiggle has gotten worse. Im going to stick with this one as long as no other issues pop up.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    My first Pre ( got on launch day, ) was the best as far as build quality overall but the keyboard died. I went through 3 more that developed a bad case of the screen twisting when it was closed. The last one i went to take in was over the weekend but they said they are no longer exchanging them for that. They said it was suppose to have any where from .5mm to 5mm of play and are no longer accepting them for people that have issues with that.

Which i don't since when i use the phone i have it slide open 99% of the time and it has no play when it's open. It didn't bother me when it was closed actually, i was just worried something was actually wrong with the phone but now that i know there isn't i'm good with it.

It's the webOS i'm in it for . After years of using dumb phones i'm loving the Pre!

Oh to be very specific I guess you can count one more in there cause when they were activating the original pre they were going to give me on June 6th the screen cracked while the Sprint Rep had the phone in their hand lol but i never actually ever got to hold it so i don't really count it. They must have tightened the screen down to much on that one in the factory lol.
    And you needed to start a new thread for what reason??
    I'm on my second Pre due to reception and battery issues. Both have been perfect beyond those two issues. The new one the battery life is perfectly acceptable now, while the reception is stable (albeit weak at home). At least it doesn't fluctuate so vastly.

Now, next year I'm hoping for the 32gig Pre, that adds the ability to make my coffee in the morning and auto-pilot my car while going to work 40 plus miles from home.

Loving my Pre and expecting it to only get better....
    I'm on #7 so you don't have the record. All 7 have had some screen issues. The worst was #2 which had (at least) 11 stuck pixels and a touchscreen grid that was ridiculously and distractingly visible.

My current Pre has:
    • One stuck pixel (a bright green one right in the middle of the notification area at the bottom edge where its very easy to see)
    • a loose slider (not as bad as some I've had)
    • Cloudiness / yellow discoloration along the top edge when it overheats (fortunately it's not overheating that often)
    • Worse reception of the bunch; I get only 2-3 bars about 20 feet from my Airave.

But I'm going to keep it anyway because I'm sick and tired of dealing with this crap. Maybe I'll exchange it again in a few months if what's out there seems better.

The software is about what I expected from a 1.0 release but the hardware is definitely a disappointment.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    still on 1st, day 12 now i believe.... no dead pixels, very tiny wiggle but by no means an orea.... batt holds a charge, no lockups or reboots....

*fingers crossed* for continued good luck

ps where are these bubbles? i'm guessing i'd immediately notice them if they existed.... and regarding the pixels, i did the 'screen colors' test from 'device info' and didn't see any bad spots in the 5 color changes....could i still have them?
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast