Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 113 of 113
  1. #101  
    You know, my pre has had the slider issue but, I'm sorry, the OP is a complete tool. Yes, I said it: Tool.

    The OP should also seriously consider hiring a proofreader before composing any other letters
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    Great post Felipe. Make fun of someone else misery.
    What can you expect from a Mets fan...



    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  3. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #103  
    WOW! The level of "Fanboy-ism" has reached new heights! You have got to be kidding me! An average consumer has a problem with his phone, doesn't like how Sprint/Palm handled it and decides to exercise his Constitutional Right by writing a letter to an AG about how Sprint and/or Palm handled his situation, and you Pre lover's crucify him. "You don't speak for me", "You can't spell", and on and on. Last time I checked this is still America, and regardless of his punctuation, grammar, or education you can still write to any elected official of you're choosing. You people act as if he violated your Civil Rights in some way.

    Whether or not his use of forum posts regarding the problem was correct or legal, is up to a lawyer and court to decide, not a bunch of fanboys. Funny thing is he didn't ask for a lawsuit to be filed or any punitive damages. He asked the AG to look into how they handle claims on defective Pre's and for their acknowledgment that they have manufacturing defects. Which may be hard for you fanboys, who got a perfect Pre the first time around, to believe. Well I for one know that they have manufacturing problems. I went through 3 Pre's in less than five weeks. Never once dropped it, sat on it, or any other reason you fanboys seem to come up with for them to break. The fact is they are shipped with defects. Well let me clarify that. I don't want to make a blanket statement and violate someone's rights. The three brand new Pre's that I owned and picked up from the Sprint store had defects (fingers crossed for #4). Now I have no complaints as to how Sprint handled my returns or any of my returns for that matter. Their customer service has always been top notch in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who are getting screwed or jerked around. If those people decide to write a letter to an AG, Congressman, Mayor, Councilman, hell even the President, it is their right. Who are you to tell them they are wrong just because it's about your precious Palm Pre's.
    Last edited by klbjr; 07/14/2009 at 10:13 PM.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    WOW! The level of "Fanboy-ism" has reached new heights! You have got to be kidding me! An average consumer has a problem with his phone, doesn't like how Sprint/Palm handled it and decides to exercise his Constitutional Right by writing a letter to an AG about how Sprint and/or Palm handled his situation, and you Pre lover's crucify him. "You don't speak for me", "You can't spell", and on and on. Last time I checked this is still America, and regardless of his punctuation, grammar, or education you can still write to any elected official of you're choosing. You people act as if he violated your Civil Rights in some way.

    Whether or not his use of forum posts regarding the problem was correct or legal, is up to a lawyer and court to decide, not a bunch of fanboys. Funny thing is he didn't ask for a lawsuit to be filed or any punitive damages. He asked the AG to look into how they handle claims on defective Pre's and for their acknowledgment that they have manufacturing defects. Which may be hard for you fanboys, who got a perfect Pre the first time around, to believe. Well I for one know that they have manufacturing problems. I went through 3 Pre's in less than five weeks. Never once dropped it, sat on it, or any other reason you fanboys seem to come up with for them to break. The fact is they are shipped with defects. Well let me clarify that. I don't want to make a blanket statement and violate someone's rights. The three brand new Pre's that I owned and picked up from the Sprint store had defects (fingers crossed for #4). Now I have no complaints as to how Sprint handled my returns or any of my returns for that matter. Their customer service has always been top notch in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who are getting screwed or jerked around. If those people decide to write a letter to an AG, Congressman, Mayor, Councilman, hell even the President, it is their right. Who are you to tell them they are wrong just because it's about your precious Palm Pre's.
    Why is it that people who love to scream about the constitutional right to do or say anything are always trying to deprive others of their constitutional right to respond? Can you not see the irony in your post? He can write whatever he wants "to the President", yet you're an evil fanboy if you respond to his post on the forum? Gimme a break.

    He posted what he did on a discussion forum and guess what happened; discussion. And as far as I can tell, nobody said he didn't have the right to do it, just that it was kinda stupid.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    Dont get mad at me - But I've repaired thousands of phones over the last several years (sprint & nextel) and every time there has been a broken LCD/screen it was because of abuse or some kind of accident (dropping, bumping it, etc).

    You could theoretically crack the phone by exposing it to extreme temperatures (get it real hot then put it on ice) but its far fetched at best.

    Granted the Palm Pre is a brand new phone and could be made of different materials, but cracks in general don't appear out of nowhere, they start somewhere and get worse over time until they are really noticeable.


    The only time's i've ever heard of a screen breaking on its own is when a parent brings the kid's phone in, the kid tells the parent 'i dont know i just woke up and it was broke' - i explain to the parent that it is probably 1 in 100million chance of that happening - they interrogate the kid, then the truth comes out about 'well i let joe borrow it and i dont know what happened' then 'joe said he dropped it but not hard' then 'joe broke it, he's paying for it' etc etc..

    again.. just the opinion of someone with 5000+ repairs under his belt.
    I can speak from personal experience.... This phone is very sensitive....I love it and would not trade it for anything out right now. What I am getting at is the sliding mechanism has loosened much quicker than the Touch Pro I had before getting the Pre. Also my wife's phone cracked at the bottom left portion of the front near the center button. We both baby our phones yet this crack still occurred. Never was the phone dropped, never sat on, never bumped against anything, etc...., yet it now has a crack. The store I purchased from did not take our word for it and refused to exchange it (we could have made up a story that the phone is malfunctioning and the person would have probably missed the hairline crack, but we felt obligated to be honest and give the true reason of why we were planning on exchanging the phone). I do have insurance on the phone, but both my wife and I do not agree with paying a deductible on something which wasn't caused by us.

    After all the phone is plastic and either the heat from long phone calls or tightening of the screws when the phone was assembled may have been the contributing factor to the crack at the bottom left corner of the phone.

    So please keep in mind that not all defects which could have been due to physical abuse/neglect is not always caused by abuse or neglect. Sometimes defects occur due to other reasons beyond the owner of the phone.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    WOW! The level of "Fanboy-ism" has reached new heights! You have got to be kidding me! An average consumer has a problem with his phone, doesn't like how Sprint/Palm handled it and decides to exercise his Constitutional Right by writing a letter to an AG about how Sprint and/or Palm handled his situation, and you Pre lover's crucify him.
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I find it funny whenever people express that they have a Constitutional Right to say whatever they want, but forget that others have the exact same right to respond.

    Freedom of Speech gives you the right to say pretty much whatever you want, but it doesn't protect you from criticism about it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7. #107  
    good thing the original poster didn't the Blackberry storm at launch!!.. or wait.. the new 3gs is also having some widespread issues !! Lets get this guy one of those phones.. lets see what he comes up with!! I"m sure he will get death threats from the iPhone people..

    This phone has a FRACTION of the issues then the BB Storm had a launch! but like any phone.. it will have issues.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    We could go all day and night on this. The fact is, what you say could be interpreted as you being a Palm executive (knowing there is a huge mfg problem) doing some damage control.
    If you're going to consider accepting as true any claims in a post, that's precisely how you should react. You know nothing about me. If I state in a post that the two moons of Mars are artificial you should have great skepticism because you don't know me. If, on the other hand, the administrator of NASA made this same statement, you would probably be more inclined to believe it.

    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    The big fact is this.. There was a topic posted BY ME.. With over 50,000 Views, posted on gizmodo and engadget. There may have been some exaggerations, but personally, I've gone through 4 Pres (once again, I could be a apple employee spreading false rumors).. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people on here are sincere in what they post. Whats fortunate is this; the members of this forum seem to ban together and help each other out, espc when the first batch of pre's had terrible quality control problems. You may think what you want, but you're going to have a rough life ahead of you. I can't imagine going to a bar with you and holding a conversation, or just being a normal guy and stretching the truth over a beer or two (i.e. I caught a 24inch fish, or i have a 12inch....)...
    Funny, I have no problem in my social life. Care to check out my facebook page? Most of the pics are my friends and I socializaing at local clubs. NO, I don't BS, exagerate or bend the truth when having a serious discussion. I'm more interested in genuine Truth (In Philosophy we refer to that as, "truth with a captial T"). OTOH your examples are are not elements of serious discussion so the comparison doesn't work. But if you're ever in the Providence area I can promise you a great time over a beer (or, even better, Jerger Bombs! YeeeHawww!!!) Every time we go out turns into an adventure. Like the time this dude starting hitting on my friend Michelle... Well, you don't want to hear about that. ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Another stated fact are sprint employees saying they have done quite a bit of returns. Personally my friend works for sprint and he said that they have done a decent amount of returns due to the screen and build quality issues. Now, he could be a secret agent sent from Apple, to take up a part time job at Sprint and do some bashing and damage to Palm through his Sprint job. Obviously this would have to be a top secret affair since I've known the kid for 5 years. So I have to be careful in listening to him.
    While I'm sure many claims of employees are true. The problem is, none of us knows which ones are; this is still hear-say. Hear-say cannot be used to form reliable conclusions. It's definitely one thing if you mention things like Sprint employee comments in passing. It's quite another thing if you attempt to use these propositions to support an argument. The later requires a much higher standard for acceptability.

    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Honestly, enough of this horse shat.. The fact is, the person who posted this topic was only going into this with a good heart. He did his research and found other people with the same problem. He then wrote up a letter stating what he thought would be a fair term. His letter was signed and addressed by himself, no one else. He was using other peoples experience, but he was addressing the issue himself. He was very dissatisfied with the build quality of the Palm Pre and he spoke up. Just like thousands have on numerous other products around the world. The second we start questioning speaking up when we didn't get what we paid for, is the second we start getting really low quality products. Remember companies try to make money, not always in the best of ways.
    Never questioned the OP's speaking up, just the manner. I read the OP as well and took away something other than the impression of a "good heart". Further, the reaction of a letter to an AG seems like an over-reaction at this point (yes, perhaps the OP didn't state all that lead up to writing the letter, but the only facts I have are what's in the post). Unless there was something I missed, I didn't, for example, see mention of a letter of complaint to someone high up in Palm, say Ed Culligan. Writing a very respectful (LOL, yes, even I can be respectful) though direct letter to someone high up in a corporation has been quite fruitful for me on numerous occasions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Anyways ronlongo I didnt make the hat comment, it wasn't right of the OP to start trashing people personally. I personally wear my steelers hat everywhere outside of work.
    No, I know you didn't make the comment and believe me I wasn't offended regardless. I believe I mentioned in my response about how hard I was laughing. My replies may come off as harsh or cold but I've found it always better to remind myself that any vocal inflections in a text are added only by me. Usually things can be read multiple ways just by chaning intonation. So, I always presume a stance giving benefit of the doubt.
  9. #109  
    I am more amazed at the fact a thread like this is still even going...or hasnt been closed/moved. What is the point to this thread.

    As I stated in an earlier post in this thread...you can so easily change the words Sprint and Palm into any other carrier and phone creator and it can be used for ALL of them.

    At&t & Apple, Blackberry & Verizon, T-Mobile & the G1...take your pick which one you want to do or just do all of them.

    When you find that perfect phone, let me know and share with all or I guess we should all go back to tin cans and yelling.
  10. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Why is it that people who love to scream about the constitutional right to do or say anything are always trying to deprive others of their constitutional right to respond? Can you not see the irony in your post? He can write whatever he wants "to the President", yet you're an evil fanboy if you respond to his post on the forum? Gimme a break.

    He posted what he did on a discussion forum and guess what happened; discussion. And as far as I can tell, nobody said he didn't have the right to do it, just that it was kinda stupid.
    I never said anyone was trying to deprive him of his rights, nor did I deprive anyone's right to respond to what he did. I said he got crucified by the fanboys on the site because he did something within his rights. Soon as he did the fanboys boys got up in arms. "You don't speak for me". "Only elected officials can speak for other people", hence my reference to Civil and Constitutional Rights. Fact of the matter is, he got razed and called stupid because he decided to take his problems somewhere he thought would result in some action being taken and hopefully problems getting resolved. So writing a letter to an elected/appointed official of the government is stupid? Regardless if they laugh at him or throw it in the trash, the fact is we pay them to help us with just these type of problems.

    The real reason he got so much flack is the fanboys can't stand to have anything bad said about the Pre. Soon as it is, the person is instantly discredited by being called a fanboy of another phone/os or assumed to be a spy working to bring down Palm and the Pre. Well news flash, Palm is doing a good job of that themselves.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    I am more amazed at the fact a thread like this is still even going...or hasnt been closed/moved. What is the point to this thread.

    As I stated in an earlier post in this thread...you can so easily change the words Sprint and Palm into any other carrier and phone creator and it can be used for ALL of them.

    At&t & Apple, Blackberry & Verizon, T-Mobile & the G1...take your pick which one you want to do or just do all of them.

    When you find that perfect phone, let me know and share with all or I guess we should all go back to tin cans and yelling.
    I Agree.

    Yet it has been insightful and many great points have been made by everyone who posted. Lets just agree to disagree. Actually in a since everyone is right and noone is wrong. What it boils down to is which stance do you/we aree with. This doesnt make the other stances wrong or bad, just that you don't agree with them as much.
  12. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #112  
    Fact of the matter is, he got razed and called stupid because he decided to take his problems somewhere he thought would result in some action being taken and hopefully problems getting resolved. So writing a letter to an elected/appointed official of the government is stupid? Regardless if they laugh at him or throw it in the trash, the fact is we pay them to help us with just these type of problems.
    The fact is, if you read through the whole thread, Sprint resolved his issue and replaced his phone before he wrote the letter. Nor did he post, prior to this letter of complaint, exactly what happened with Sprint, other than the Pre falling apart while he was on the phone with them. His issues are apparently with their processes and his presumptions of their rules even though he did not cite any actual documented policy or rules. His "real" problem was resolved by Sprint - a new phone. The rest is over-the-top niggling even if a constitutional right and we retain our constitutional rights to be critical of it.
  13. adenine's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #113  
    These screen cracks I hear everyone talking about coming from the home button...I wonder if they're sliding open their phone from that area.


    I slide my phone open from the middle of the screen and do not have that cracking problem.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions