Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 113
  1. dbett's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Because Palm is based in California. Sending a complaint in this manner to another state's AG is correct.
    Nope.
  2. Omega33's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Definitely well under 1%. However, as you know, that doesn't mean it's not an issue. If Sprint would resolve these obvious situations for everyone like they did mine, there wouldn't be an issue. The problem has been that Sprint has claimed this to be user damage - even though the "damage" as seen in many pictures posted here is exactly the same on multiple phones. That's one big coincidence if it doesn't have something to do with the phone.

    Again, this spontaneous cracking happened to me, as documented in the very long "cracked screen" thread. My issue was resolved immediately by my local Sprint store. It seems that most of the others with the same issue have not been given the same treatment as I received.
    Oh i don't disagree with you at all. Seeing one just crack that easy myself says there are some phones with a defect. My only guesses are that in the past maybe everytime a phone gets brought in with a cracked screen it's pretty much always from abuse so thats their first thought about it. As far as Palm/Sprint commenting on it who knows how far up the ladder this or other problems have made it yet being a new phone.

    Seems sometimes the Corp world moves a little slow ya know. It would be nice for the people having this problem to at least hear " We are looking into to it " but in todays world they probably don't want to say anything about it till they are done doing their own investigation of it for fear if they even talk about it early they'll be slapped with a 1000 lawsuits before they can figure out what has gone wrong on this small number of phones lol.

    I've always had good service from the sprint stores i shop at so it's a bummer to hear of the people that haven't had the best service experience.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Do you even own a Pre?

    It's so selfless of you to be concerned for us Pre owners. Yeah right!

    One thing I aboslutely hate is when someone presumes to speak for me (See my past posts as I've said this before). I'm a big boy, and can take care of myself. To have the audacity to speak for someone without their concent is the pinnacle of arrogance in a society of equal voices. For this reason, this should be take quite personally by every Pre owner.

    Standing with me is one thing, presuming to stand for me quite another.

    The principal outweighs the deed.

    You are a troll and your post is a fail.
    Did your Palm Pre have a crack on the screen from a MFG Defect? If not, then he's in no way speaking for you. It's okay for him to stand with you the second your screen cracks, but being a fan boy that you are, you are blind to the fact that people spent hard earned money on this device. Basically, its YOUR arrogance that baffles me. My mind is blown away by posts, such as yours. There is a major MFG problem, yet the consumers are being held liable? Where does this make sense in your mind? I'd love to know.

    Honestly, IMHO, its people like you, that cause this type of disservice to consumers. The phone was made with a defect, this defect has been posted HUNDREDS of times, its a HUGE concern, how is his post being a troll? In-fact, you are trolling.

    To the OP, great write up and I hope things work out for you and the hundreds of others this happened to.
  4. #64  
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  5. tarhead's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #65  
    amazing...

    i told a person that was an eternal complainer that i was pleased that his phone was dysfunctional, so he would have somebody to direct his anger at instead of generating and invading thread after thread after thread after thread...

    explained that it was a karma thing... him.. his phone...

    and the thread edit kings zapped my words right off the page.

    there are direct shots being fired at folks here and it seems to be perfectly fine.

    truly love consistency...

    press belly button, place thumb on forehead, swoosh...
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    And exactly who are you to speak on behalf of others??? Im just wondering what government credentials you have that would even get you remotely close to an AG reading your letter and/or ignoring or laughing at it.
    I never heard of someone, like you, bashing someone who is defending hundreds of people who had a defected phone. Am I the only one who this the few people that are doing this, are completely insane? I mean I'm literally laughing about this.

    I work for a company and I'm an accounts manager, and honestly if my clients had a SINGLE issue, I'd back them up immediately. Its called good customer service. Palm knows about these issues, there were already thousands of posts about it already.
  7.    #67  
    I went through about 5 palm 600 or 650s I cannot remember. It had to do with backlight going out and speaker phone. I was an early adopter, so at first Sprint was reluctant to fix the issue. Wanted me to use my total equipment protection.
    Thank you
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    It's to bad many consumors look to business for education rather than understanding such issues for themselves. But then again, most go to public schools, huh?
    Haha...post of the year. Not sure if the poster is bashing public schools and using his horrible spelling/grammar as evidence or stating that his education (presumably private or at home) was somehow better and then having horrible spelling/grammar. Either way...golden!!!

    [Prepare for the: This is an internet forum excuse so who cares about punctuation for which the response is something about flinging projectiles in transparent domiciles]
  9. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Well, lets see, could it be... wait for it... could it really be... wait for it...

    That Palm is headquartered in California? *sigh* to the sheeple.
    Well, EXCUSE ME!~ Whenever I've had a problem with a company, I don't look up the state in which it is headquartered. I write directly to MY state's AG as the state I reside in has its own set of laws that may relate differently and my AG collects multiple complaints for the way a business conducts business in their state.

    Moreover, your own state's AG is going to be far more responsive to a citizen of its own state.

    When my AG gets an overwhelming number of complaints, he does something about it for its citizens.
  10. #70  
    If you think that you have any chance of the AG reading this and acting on this, you are crazy. If you are doing this to prove a point, you just simply have too much time on your hands.

    No one is believing you that the screen cracked while holding the Pre and that's it.
  11.    #71  
    I really, really just want this thread to end, but do want to provide some context as to why I felt I was in a unique position to provide evidence that the screen on my pre broke as a function of normal use.

    I know this won't help people who just don't care about the community, or are naturally skeptical. I am posting this for those individuals who have the same issue with cracks comming from the white center button, but don't know how it happened.


    1. I was on my Pre talking to Tech Support about dead keyboard. (could not use keyboard).
    2. Opened the Device info App.
    3. Received an incomming call. Clicked the answer button. Told caller I would call back.
    4. Clicked back on with Sprint Tech Support.
    5. Pushed the middle white button to minimize app and see device info.
    6. Screen cracked, originating from white button.

    To the skeptics, this does not prove anything.

    To the area manager, this proved....

    A) Despite my keyboard being dead, I was able to use the touch screen to dial Tech support.
    B) I was able to use the touch screen to click over and answer the incomming call while on the phone with tech support.
    C) The touch screen stopped working while I was on the call and reported the incident to tech support.
    D) I could not have had both a malfunctioning keyboard, and a broken screen and called tech support from the Pre.
    F) since there was no impact point or other dead giveaway to indicate the phone was dropped. He believed that my explanation was reasonable.

    Please give me some credit, if I had just gotten lucky and had the phone replaced for free (which they did) then I would not have brought this up to a higher level.

    I still maintain that Sprint's triage / root cause analysis was insufficient to detect potential hardware issues. I read many posts on this forum, and decided to act.
    Thank you
  12. irateb's Avatar
    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Did your Palm Pre have a crack on the screen from a MFG Defect? If not, then he's in no way speaking for you. It's okay for him to stand with you the second your screen cracks, but being a fan boy that you are, you are blind to the fact that people spent hard earned money on this device. Basically, its YOUR arrogance that baffles me. My mind is blown away by posts, such as yours. There is a major MFG problem, yet the consumers are being held liable? Where does this make sense in your mind? I'd love to know.

    Honestly, IMHO, its people like you, that cause this type of disservice to consumers. The phone was made with a defect, this defect has been posted HUNDREDS of times, its a HUGE concern, how is his post being a troll? In-fact, you are trolling.

    To the OP, great write up and I hope things work out for you and the hundreds of others this happened to.
    Palm needs to hurry up with a webOS update so I don't get sucked into these posts. This has not been posted on hundreds of times. I'll give you dozens, but half the posts are the same people posting about it over and over again. The one thing that isn't posted hundreds of times, but probably should be noted, is that the people with screen cracking issues are in the less than 1% range. If you add in the oreo twist people, the reception issue people, the screen discoloration people (including me), the dead pixel people (me here as well), and the people who can't load pictures from their 755P on their Pre (you guessed it, me again), I'm guessing you might hit the 10% range. I'm sure I'm missing a few prominent issues, but you get the point. While a definite manufacturing problem, it is far from major. And his write up is terrible, no getting around that. I have no problem with him fighting for his or any other affected person's right, but please let someone, preferably a professional, proofread your letters before sending them out. Please.
  13. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #73  
    Please give me some credit, if I had just gotten lucky and had the phone replaced for free (which they did) then I would not have brought this up to a higher level.
    HUH?!?! They replaced the phone and you're still complaining? Also, don't you think you skipped a few higher levels? Like how about higher levels within Sprint? This makes no sense.
  14. #74  
    This is the best whine post (the op) I've read yet. An instant classic. I'm bookmarking it. Hilarious.
  15.    #75  
    I use a forum to contribute to those who want help in the community, I don't know why others use it, but it does not affect me.

    I did not skip any levels, it just turns out that the process is what is flawed and the reports are not being documented in a way that supports basic troubleshooting and root cause analyisis.

    Asking you to stop posting seems harsh, so instead I will ask you to contribute something constructive. Post how you would handle it, whatever, but keep in mind that this is a forum, and people come here for help. If it does not help you, move on.


    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    HUH?!?! They replaced the phone and you're still complaining? Also, don't you think you skipped a few higher levels? Like how about higher levels within Sprint? This makes no sense.
    Thank you
  16. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #76  
    Give Palm & Sprint a break.. they need all the help they can get.

    -mark
  17. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #77  
    This thread should be deleted.
  18. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    I use a forum to contribute to those who want help in the community, I don't know why others use it, but it does not affect me.

    I did not skip any levels, it just turns out that the process is what is flawed and the reports are not being documented in a way that supports basic troubleshooting and root cause analyisis.

    Asking you to stop posting seems harsh, so instead I will ask you to contribute something constructive. Post how you would handle it, whatever, but keep in mind that this is a forum, and people come here for help. If it does not help you, move on.
    Asking me to stop posting would seem more than harsh, it would seem to be beyond your purview. As would telling me HOW I should contribute to this thread.

    Your phone was replaced and yet you wrote a letter to the AG of another state to complain about Sprint's and Palm's processes. That you did this instead of registering your complaints with higher authorities at Sprint and Palm is simply over-the-top and it's highly doubtful that you'll accomplish anything at all, let alone helping anyone here.
  19.    #79  
    I agree completely. I wanted it to be helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    This thread should be deleted.
    Thank you
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Did your Palm Pre have a crack on the screen from a MFG Defect? If not, then he's in no way speaking for you. It's okay for him to stand with you the second your screen cracks, but being a fan boy that you are, you are blind to the fact that people spent hard earned money on this device. Basically, its YOUR arrogance that baffles me. My mind is blown away by posts, such as yours. There is a major MFG problem, yet the consumers are being held liable? Where does this make sense in your mind? I'd love to know.

    Honestly, IMHO, its people like you, that cause this type of disservice to consumers. The phone was made with a defect, this defect has been posted HUNDREDS of times, its a HUGE concern, how is his post being a troll? In-fact, you are trolling.

    To the OP, great write up and I hope things work out for you and the hundreds of others this happened to.

    Where to begin, where to begin. So much material here...

    Me a fanboi? Never denied it. In fact I've called myself one in numerous posts of my own. Please, feel free to check my posts to verify. But tell me there are things you are not a fan of.

    It's ok for him to stand with me the second my screen cracks you say? Why yes, that's completely consistent with my original post. "Stand WITH", 'with' being the operative word. What I'm against is someone presuming to stand FOR me.

    Perhaps, there have been hundrends (in fact, maybe even thousands) of cases of defective Pres. However, you can't use other people's posts and rumors to support your claim. In both the world of logic as well as the world of law, this is something known as hear-say. You can only reliably provide testimony for something you have personally experienced. To be able to come to a reliable conclusion, you must have absolutely reliable evidence. Hear-say does not constitute such evidence.

    My "arrogance" comes from my knowledge of what does and does not constitute reliable evidence and reasoning -- nothing more than that. I'm an ontologist (what used to be called a Logician -- a scientist who studies and evaluates arguments), so I know a little bit about this sort of thing. If you wish to employ good reasoning in your own arguments, I encourage you to take an introductory course in logic in the philosophy department of your local college.

    The ultimate proof of any argument is in the quality of the evidence. If there is ANY question about the accuracy or the evidence, the conclusion will also be in question. A major problem in forums is that given a post that "claims", we don't know who's making that claim. For example, I could read 300 posts on here claiming defective Pres. For all I know, 260 of those posts were written by employees of Apple and RIM. This is why annonymity is not permitted in courts. Hence, If I want to make a conclusive statement I can only speak from my own direct experience. The only exception is if I were some sort of "reputable expert" in a relevant field. Then, if I did a scientifically based survey and found that 100 out of a 1000 Pres had defective screens, then I could report such a claim as fact. The only way you, in turn, would be wise to accpet my claim would be is if you knew something about me as being reputable, expert, etc. (even then yout would be wise to examine my methodology before deciding to accept my claim) But you don't know anything about me. You don't know me from butter. So it would be irrational for you to accept such a claim from me. Likewise, it is irrational for you to accept those 300 posts as true. The most that you could state, is that you read 300 different (though unconfirmed) posts by people claiming defective Pres. That, unfortunately, is not very useful as evidence in an argument.

    One more note about my perceived "arrogance". What may come across as arrogance is in fact excitement. I'm an ontologist precisely because logic and argumentation are a passion of mine. What you perceive as arrogance is in fact excitement. I spend so much time in the nitty-gritty of formal semantics and model theory that I don't get to do a lot of "real world" argumentation. When I do it's often quite refreshing.

    Now, I can't find an icon with a "childish" hat, but what about some childish sunglasses?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions