Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Report to the bbb.org and sprint will call you back .... in a month or so. They have the worst Customer Service and the only way I ever get anything done with them is by reporting them to the bbb.

Good luck to you.
    God I hate people like this - take the damn phone back and switch to something else if you are unhappy.

What's next? A class action lawsuit? Jesus. This country has turned into a bunch of spoiled brat crybabies that whine and complain about everything. It makes it tough to be in business anymore. Everyone feels entitled.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    IT HAPPENS.. as much as spontaneous human combustion...
    but the Human Torch can do that....he lives in the same world the OP does.
    In the CDMA forum, and on the cracked screen thread in the hardware forum, it was stated that indeed Sprint has now recognized this as a problem.

I took my (spontaneously) cracked Pre back on 6/8, and my Sprint store replaced the phone no questions asked.

Those who don't believe that others have had this problem, well, there is nothing that will convince you otherwise.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefconcern View Post
    Report to the bbb.org and sprint will call you back .... in a month or so. They have the worst Customer Service and the only way I ever get anything done with them is by reporting them to the bbb.

Good luck to you.
    you serious? What has been so bad for you that you have had to file a complaint with the BBB that you couldn't deal with Sprint directly about?

I'm just curious, any time I've called, I've always been as patient as possible with them, and my issue gets resolved, and sometimes I end up getting a credit for being nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    In the CDMA forum, and on the cracked screen thread in the hardware forum, it was stated that indeed Sprint has now recognized this as a problem.

I took my (spontaneously) cracked Pre back on 6/8, and my Sprint store replaced the phone no questions asked.

Those who don't believe that others have had this problem, well, there is nothing that will convince you otherwise.
    From what ive seen and read, people are 'twisting' their phones and claiming that its some " OREO' effect.

People are sitting on their phone and saying that the screen cracks...

the only thing that im convinced of is that this world is full of idiots...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Ronlongo, I would not presume to speak for you, I spoke on behalf of those who have had a similar issue. I would not know how to begin to speak on behalf of a grown man who wears his hat backwards as if he were a child.
    LOL another fail. You should not be speaking for anyone unless apointed. If you can only speak from personal experience then that's what your letter should have reflected. But at least my post had more base than simple name-calling.

BTW. So all baseball players are child-like, eh? I guess you're also the expert on definitions of what constitutes an adult vs. child. You've got me laughing nearly out of my chair.
  8.    #28  
    No credentials are needed. The letter I sent, and the office I sent as a consumer. I sent it to the office of the AG that deals with consumer issues. The AG is not a private attorney and does not solve things on my or anyone else's behalf.

When you submit anything to the AG's office you are asking them to look into it on behalf of all consumers, wether they need it, or they don't. I did not mean to speak on behalf of anyone other than those affected by the issue.

CA AG applies because Palm is located in Sunnyvale.

The AG's office has a choice to get involved or not. The next person with an issue can pay their $100 deductible or buy a new phone or do whatever they like. I recommend that if the facts fit your case, you try to get this resolved by another manner before shelling out $100 but, in the end it is their decision.

My intention was to provide others a view of the method I chose to bring this to the attention of Palm. I have a feeling it will work, but it is OK to be cynical, but try to remain helpful to those who do benefit from what my intention was. Wether that is one person or many.
    Thank you
    How many of those with cracked screens DID NOT get a replacement?

This person has WAY too much time on their hands...
    Way too much in his hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    you serious? What has been so bad for you that you have had to file a complaint with the BBB that you couldn't deal with Sprint directly about?

I'm just curious, any time I've called, I've always been as patient as possible with them, and my issue gets resolved, and sometimes I end up getting a credit for being nice.
    Exactly... they even credited my account last time that I talked to them for the "upgrade fee" just to make me happy.

I have had nothing but positive dealing with Sprint CSS.

Its people calling being a-holes that expect stuff for free that say that Sprint CSS sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    Great post Felipe. Make fun of someone else misery.
    "misery"?!? Really?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    God I hate people like this - take the damn phone back and switch to something else if you are unhappy.

What's next? A class action lawsuit? Jesus. This country has turned into a bunch of spoiled brat crybabies that whine and complain about everything. It makes it tough to be in business anymore. Everyone feels entitled.
    Precisely. Everyone wants to blame someone else. Just move on...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    But at least my post had more base than simple name-calling.

BTW. So all baseball players are child-like, eh? I guess you're also the expert on definitions of what constitutes an adult vs. child. You've got me laughing nearly out of my chair.
    lol, I thought it was funny myself. Although, why didn't he comment on the gold chain or the unbuttoned shirt with the chest hair crawling out?
    Man people get offended too easily.

I hear people complain about sprint and the pre. But the truth is if you call up sprint and know how to talk to another human they really do make things work for you.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Wow! Aren't you a ****! BTW, why did you send it to the AG of CA if you reside in Texas? You're entirely suspicious.

Well, lets see, could it be... wait for it... could it really be... wait for it...

That Palm is headquartered in California? *sigh* to the sheeple.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
    Man people get offended too easily.

I hear people complain about sprint and the pre. But the truth is if you call up sprint and know how to talk to another human they really do make things work for you.

I have been a Sprint Customer for 7 years and while I remain disappointed with Sprint and Palm over the Pre, I have to admit I was surprised to get a phone call from Sprint after writing Mr. Hesse regarding my conerns about Sprint and its Partnership with Palm regarding the Pre.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Sheesh! cool down people.
    Just call me Berd.
  18.    #38  
    You are right, I should not have gone there. I was a little frustrated that instead of this helping those who it was intended to help, I just got a lot of negativity as if I was a iPhone fanboy posting to discredit the pre. I like my pre, and if they fix the issues and add the features many users want, i will probably love it.

Sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I haven't had the screen issue. However, I've read posts by those who have had the issue. If this is truly a manufacturing defect, then I have no problem what-so-ever with the OP's letter. I like my Pre. But that's no reason to let any company take advantage of consumers who have legitimate issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Ronlongo, I would not presume to speak for you, I spoke on behalf of those who have had a similar issue. I would not know how to begin to speak on behalf of a grown man who wears his hat backwards as if he were a child.
    Thank you
    Part of the problem of suspicion for me comes from reading so many times on different forums how someone is going to intentionally break their device in order to obtain a new device, for whatever reason. Most of us know of that sort of post. It is hard to believe that the screen just cracked on its own. Now, pushing on the center button with overly great force, or having it in your pocket, face out, and banging into a corner table, etc., these I could readily believe. While you may be sincere and honest, our skepticism also arises because there are so many out there who wish to see the Pre fail. As an iPod Touch owner, and thus interested at times in posts relating to the iPhone/iPod, I can tell you that some of the Apple fanboys would like nothing more than to see the Pre fail. So, no offense, but pardon our skeptical responses here!
    Exactly... they even credited my account last time that I talked to them for the "upgrade fee" just to make me happy.

I have had nothing but positive dealing with Sprint CSS.

Its people calling being a-holes that expect stuff for free that say that Sprint CSS sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post

Not a whiner, not going to b*tch. The fact is that they didn't want to help, I submitted complaint and then they were glad to help. Enough Said
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast