Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I haven't rebooted my Pre for almost 2 weeks. I feel that it's still responsive and functioning normally. With my old Windows Mobile phone I had to reboot it almost everyday or else it would get very sluggish or start acting weird. When I had the iPhone I almost never rebooted it.
    Been about a week for me.
    I reboot mine daily out of sheer habit.

I picked up the habit from my Blackberry.

I clear my browsing history/cache/cookies about once a week.

I haven't really noted any boost in performance from either of these actions.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I reboot my Pre once every couple days just to refresh it.. It can't hurt.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I reboot mine daily out of sheer habit.
    I know what you mean by that. When I had my Windows Mobile phone I would get this sense of relief and freshness each time I rebooted it until it became sluggish again. It does become a habit after a while like how I have to have my coffee to get going in the morning. Can't start the day until I reboot my phone!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    About a week ago to restart the GPS.
    about an hour ago
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I do it about once a week. Seems to help a bit on the speed.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    since last update...maybe i'll do it now while im at work sice i have no signal anyway
    I do mine daily.. I prefer to keep all that residual memory out of my phones ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I know what you mean by that. When I had my Windows Mobile phone I would get this sense of relief and freshness each time I rebooted it until it became sluggish again. It does become a habit after a while like how I have to have my coffee to get going in the morning. Can't start the day until I reboot my phone!
    Isn't it nice to have a phone that doesn't behave like a Commador 64 a lot of the time? My Pre has not crashed even once since I bought it! Amazing!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Isn't it nice to have a phone that doesn't behave like a Commador 64 a lot of the time? My Pre has not crashed even once since I bought it! Amazing!
    Yes! My mogul reuired bi-daily reboots toward the end of it's life
    Hard resets were a twice yearly thing at minimum.
    I feel like i can open and reopen apps a hundred times and it will still not feel sluggish, try that with a winmo phone
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Yes! My mogul reuired bi-daily reboots toward the end of it's life
    Hard resets were a twice yearly thing at minimum.
    I feel like i can open and reopen apps a hundred times and it will still not feel sluggish, try that with a winmo phone
    As antiquated as Blackberry OS was, I'm happy I never had to go the WinMo route. I hear nothing but really bad things.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It has got to be at least two weeks since I rebooted my Pre.
    I reboot mine more than once a day but, that's because I'm installing updated homebrews and switching in and out of dev mode.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    I have not rebooted the new one that I got on the 24th of June.
    Thank you
    Mine "reboots" on its own a few times a day...want it to or not.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    It would have been over 2 weeks for me, except I noticed my touchscreen was going all wacky on my last Saturday. It turned out that the screen was cracking and rebooting (obviously) did nothing. Got a new Pre Sunday morning, and haven't rebooted it except when I had to during a update to 1.04. Ever since 1.03 (I think) I haven't needed to reboot the phone as much. Before that, I was rebooting every other day.
    As antiquated as Blackberry OS was, I'm happy I never had to go the WinMo route. I hear nothing but really bad things.
    Don't let people tell you with custom Roms the phones were any better. Trust me all the ones I tried and made my self were unreliable. The Pre has been very stable and reliable in it's main function which is to be a phone. It's nice being able to answer emails and texts while on a phone call too.
    Other than after after an update, once, and it happened after I closed the slider harder than necessary. All by itself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast