Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I did a search, and i didn't really see anything on this for the Pre. I have some photos that i'd rather not have to worry about (girlfriend) someone checking out my phone (her parents) stumbling across. I believe you can hide things by putting a "." in front of the folder name, but then i can't see the pictures on the Pre either. Has anyone found a decent way to do this?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Hmmm... send the pics to me and I'll see if there's anything that can be done. lol

You could always put a pin on your phone... then you'd just have to exercise caution when showing your photo roll to people as they'd not be able to see anything but your wallpaper without your pin.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Sounds like a good app idea
    you could create a sub folder and label it something innocent, then just make sure you put two or three safe picture first in the album, then place all your naughty pics in there..
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    you could create a sub folder and label it something innocent, then just make sure you put two or three safe picture first in the album, then place all your naughty pics in there..
    But I haven't found a way to consistently get the 'good' pictures first. It appears it goes by the creation date of the photo, but even that is not consistent. It certainly isn't the order you put them in the folder, at least not from my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    But I haven't found a way to consistently get the 'good' pictures first. It appears it goes by the creation date of the photo, but even that is not consistent. It certainly isn't the order you put them in the folder, at least not from my experience.
    I would imagine they go numerically or alphabetically..

play around rename them 111.jpg or aaa.jpg then put them in there and see what happens.
    The easiest solution is to put the pics on your computer and off your phone especially when going to hang out with her parents. You still will have said pics and if you need them for some reason, you can put them back on the phone. Otherwise the only solution is to protect access to your phone through a pin. I'm not sure I have a seen a phone with privacy ratings on pics which would be a pretty cool feature.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    this is a good point. Send a suggestion to Palm and maybe they'll integrate password protection for other things, like Contact List (i.e., Business vs. Personal) or Calendar.

Although, I guess they figure you'd use the device password lockout if you really wanted to keep someone out of it, rather than letting them view only certain areas of your phone.
    email them to yourself or create a website
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    the easiest solution to this problem is to be honest with your woman, or just don't let her get her hands on your phone, ...or simply keep photos you don't want seen off your pre if keeping the pre away from people is an issue. problem solved.
    It's silly to think they would password protect specific areas of the phone, and if it were password protected, wouldn't that create a question in her mind of what you are hiding???
    Not a very healthy relationship if you're hiding things from your partner.
    I used to have this program on my Treo that would password protect ANY program.

I would create innocent named albums, but the difference with the Pre is it still shows the previews and the 'all images' album brings up ALL pics on your phone.

Definitely sounds like potential app to me
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Maybe he has pictures of his girlfriend that he doesn't want her parents (or anyone else) to see.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    thats why they invented the usb my friend, transfer and transfer back
    Just transfer them off the phone.

What kind of special pictures could you have that you need to be able to view on the phone at any given time? It's not like you are going to be playing the one holed finger flute with one hand while holding your Pre with the other - or are you?
    iPhone has an app that lets you password protect pics in a vault-like deal...im sure there will be one for the Pre here in the future.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsavior View Post
    I did a search, and i didn't really see anything on this for the Pre. I have some photos that i'd rather not have to worry about (girlfriend) someone checking out my phone (her parents) stumbling across. I believe you can hide things by putting a "." in front of the folder name, but then i can't see the pictures on the Pre either. Has anyone found a decent way to do this?
    You could set your facebook mobile uploaded picture album to be private (privacy setting adjust to read only you could view) and only would have access to view. The same is available through photobucket... Set up two private albums on your accounts and just upload the pics and if you ever get nostalgic and want to view them go on your browser and view them through the site... lol now if they're explicit pictures ...lol you could just charge for access to them ...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Awesome. Our very own resident relationship expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I think he's hiding things of his partner from her parents. I'd say that's plenty healthy!
    I have tested oputting photos and music in different folders to see if I can find anything that hides them. At first your Pre may not show them but within a few minutes it always finds them no matter where I put them.

If you just wanted to store them on the Pre without being able to see them on the Pre you could store them in a Zip file. BUt I am thinking that you want to be able to look at these photos when you want and on the Pre.

- Craig
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast