Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I just email them to my Yahoo or Gmail and keep them in a pictures folder there.

Anytime I want to see them, I just go there and if I want them back on Pre I just tap and copy.

Works excellent for me.
    There is a patch that makes the photo icon "clear" in the launcher and very hard to see, unlees you're looking for it....adds some privacy
    "I'll give you my Pre when you take it from my cold, dead hands!"
    use internalz.
    put the pictures in a hidden file (.system files) from there you can view them and if you want to view them in the photo app for zooming (just saying) or for landscape, just copy them to a viewable folder and delete it when you're done looking.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Just a though..put your pics in a folder named somthing like ".personal"
    The photo app will ignore it when loafing..

To view the pics..use internalz and tap on this file name...it should bring it up ...

should work...I have not tested it though...
    Has anyone tried this PHOTSAFE app?

Couple reviews look promising! 99 cents!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

developer.palm.com/webChannel/index.php?packageid=com.alchemycode.photosafe
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdaddy View Post
    There is a patch that makes the photo icon "clear" in the launcher and very hard to see, unlees you're looking for it....adds some privacy
    I know there is a theme that hides it the icon, where is this patch you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I have tested oputting photos and music in different folders to see if I can find anything that hides them. At first your Pre may not show them but within a few minutes it always finds them no matter where I put them.

If you just wanted to store them on the Pre without being able to see them on the Pre you could store them in a Zip file. BUt I am thinking that you want to be able to look at these photos when you want and on the Pre.

- Craig
    That whole "finding" things paradigm has always annoyed me about this phone. You should be able to tell apps where to go to get things.

If you want a really great example, look no further than the PDF viewer. I had thought it would be awesome to put some of my books, reference, etc. on the phone so I'd always have them with me. Not the way this thing puts them all in a flat list, however!!!!
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    Sounds like a good app idea
    Appscoop has this! It's .99 cents. It's called PhotoSafe, pretty cool, just can't forward but you can make different folders and it's pin protected!
    Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Appscoop has this! It's .99 cents. It's called PhotoSafe, pretty cool, just can't forward but you can make different folders and it's pin protected!
    Maybe I'm just dumb, blind or a little of both, but I cannot find this program in the catalog.

Charles
    They should add it in the photo tab, next to the edit . Maybe even name it "lock photo" enter your pin and there it is. What do you think?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ok whats the deal..

when i try to make the .personal folder, it gives me an error saying i have to "Type A File Username"
    but isn't there by now a patch for this? going through the patches I saw something like lock me up or secure pics, anyone has had a go at some of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    but isn't there by now a patch for this? going through the patches I saw something like lock me up or secure pics, anyone has had a go at some of these?
    so you have a thing about unicorns too, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsavior View Post
    I did a search, and i didn't really see anything on this for the Pre. I have some photos that i'd rather not have to worry about (girlfriend) someone checking out my phone (her parents) stumbling across. I believe you can hide things by putting a "." in front of the folder name, but then i can't see the pictures on the Pre either. Has anyone found a decent way to do this?
    USB mode make a folder called .privet pics within the DCIM folder the phone app will not see it however internals will to view them on the phone just rename it to Privet Pics with internals then you can view send or what ever then when your done just rename it to .privet pics using internals again... I do it haha works great... Some times you have to do a luna restart before you can view the pics..

It works if you want to keep them hidden but its a bit comber-sum but so far this is the only way i have been able to make it work..

To rename a file using internals hold down on the item you want to rename when the pop up menu shows press info at the top you see the name ad or remove a . to the front of the name that will hide and un-hide the files .privet pics hidden privet pics un-hidden once the . is added or removed from the file name tap any place in that window to save it. Note that the hidden check mark does not hide or un-hide the folders it will just hide it from internals...

Edit: Looks like the only way i can get the photo app to refresh the pics list is to do a full reboot restarting Luna does not always do it... But it always works after a full reboot...

Some times windows will throw an error about a file name if thats the case just make one called privet pics then add the . to it with internals to make em privet...
    Last edited by gitit20; 06/17/2010 at 04:49 PM.
    I use 2 Free programs, Google's Picasa and ZumoDrive to hold all my pictures.
    I created a shortcut to Picasa on the Laucher to my pictures, they are not on my phone but I can pull them up when I need them.
    For the ZumoDrive, there is a Palm program too download and you get 2GB Free, you can make Folders just like in Picasa, and did I tell you it is FREE.

If they go to your photo app they will not see them!
    not sure if it was suggested or not, to lazy to read...

but internalz lets you move around picture to whatever folder you desire. then you can just move all pictures to your new folder and open and view them from there.

if you are interested open up preware go to list of everything and type internalz

hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    not sure if it was suggested or not, to lazy to read...

but internalz lets you move around picture to whatever folder you desire. then you can just move all pictures to your new folder and open and view them from there.

if you are interested open up preware go to list of everything and type internalz

hope this helps!
    Look at my post 3 up :P
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Look at my post 3 up :P
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

thats what i get for not reading
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

thats what i get for not reading
    HEHE its all good we all do it some times I forgive you my child hehe j/k
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treowalt View Post
    Maybe he has pictures of his girlfriend that he doesn't want her parents (or anyone else) to see.
    Yes, that's exactly the situation he was describing. I think that IMethos just misunderstood the OP.

PS: I would love for there to be a seamless way to do this. And also not flatten all the damn sub-folders folders into the one parent folder. That is the most annoying thing about the Photos/Videos apps to me.

PPS: Hmm, that PhotoSafe app in the Catalog might just be the ticket...
    Last edited by mastercko; 07/21/2010 at 05:52 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast