Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    you could also use orb and have the pics saved to your pc along with music video and about anything else. Works well for me.
    The easy solution is to install Classic then you just drop your special pictures in the Classic/DCIM/ folder. That way they are only visible to Palm OS picture viewers running under classic. Unless her parents know how to work Palm OS applications you should be very safe.

Edit, I just tested my idea and the WebOS picture app still finds the images in the Classic/DCIM directory
    Last edited by rc46; 07/14/2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Edit, I just tested my idea and the WebOS picture app still finds the images in the Classic/DCIM directory
    LMAO... I just imagined someone doing that and thinking they were safe, and someone still found them.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    You can also upload to a picture site like flickr set the privacy settings so only you can see it.
    I was just wondering if there was a way not move some photos out of the "All Photos" album... I move photos around, and have enough folders so the ones I want a little more private are at least off the screen, but the "All Photos" folder is just too thorough...
    I'd like something seamless. Like folder names beginning with "." are hidden in the native photo app by default. But enter a secret code while in the photo app and voila, these folders appear.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Samsung Behold of t-mobile has that option so I am guessing someone could make an app for it. 'till then, good luck!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    You can Install Classic and use Resco Photo Veiwer and encrypt the pic files. Then in Pre photos they just show up a empty boxes under Classic.
    Has anything changed since this post? (looking for a way of hiding/setting as private pictures and other files)
    I too would be interested in an app that does this... May even consider paying what seems to be a standard2-3$ out of the app gallery for this... Of course free is always cool too!
    Make the '.' (dot) folder so its hidden then access via internalz
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    Make the '.' (dot) folder so its hidden then access via internalz
    Meaning that everything I want to hide I place in a dot folder? Is this the most appropriate/easiest/only solution? I won't be able to open a picture directly from Internalz, or will I?
    The "." method in internalz works for me.. I have been using this for a month or two now. You can view the pic in internalz if you want or simply rename the folder and remove the "." and then the pics are viewable again. It does the job for now. A password lock or something to that effect would work better. But the dot does keep things from being seen easily that may not need to be seen...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I also would happily pay for an app to lock pictures.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Meaning that everything I want to hide I place in a dot folder? Is this the most appropriate/easiest/only solution? I won't be able to open a picture directly from Internalz, or will I?
    yes you will! I use it and its works seemlessly. I created a .pitures folder which is only accessable via USB mode (by others) and the folder is hidden anyway. but if I want to see pictures I just go to internalz and look in that folder and they are all there. the only downside is there is no thumbnail support so I have to open them one by one to find the one i want. I think u can even move files from the camera to the hidden folders on the fly although i have yet to try/need to do this.
    I've read this topic about using the dot "." in front of the folder name to hide the folder and its content from the Pre. I havent tried this yet, but I wonder if putting a dot "." in front of the file names will hide the individual file? Would this be possible?
    Yes a lock for pics and video would be nice. Cause, whenever Im checkin out someones phone the 1st place I look is at their photos. Even if they say dont look at their pics, I do anyway. So a lock is essential before karma catches up with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmeier View Post
    With all the hacks you guys are providing the Pre really is becoming a Great Phone. I love it that you guys have added the missing features that this phone should have had from Day 1. Great Job Guys!

Another feature I wish the Pre had (Besides VVM) is a way to manage my Photos. If anyone out there can make this happen, you would be my best friend forever.

Here is my wish list.

1. Ability to Tag and Move Pics from 1 folder to another.
    2. Ability to Tag photos for deletion. (Rather than 1 at a time)
    3. When sending a Pic... Ability to Re size if wanted so it's not so huge.
    4. Editing, such as Crop and Rotate.

One of my Friends has an iPhone and has this App called the "The Vault" It keeps your private photos locked up until you enter a Password.

There are several cool features to this app has as well, If you are viewing Photos in your vault and someone walks up, you can shake the phone and it quickly switches to your regular Photo Album.

Another cool feature is... Lets say your wife/Girl Friend want to see what you have in "The Vault" You type in a Fake Password you have setup and it takes you to a Secondary Vault that shows your "Safe" images.

There may be some other features, But damn that would be so cool to have on the Pre.
    thats from this thread, i think this would be a great app if someone would take it on
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...m-manager.html
    I love the sound of that "vault" app.. I would love to see something like that..
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Send the pics to me and I'll hide them for you. I'll hide 'm REAL good.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast