1.    #1  
    That Palm will brick all of the rooted Pre's and make them not usable anymore?

I really want to download some of the homebrew apps but I dont want to do that if it will just leave me with a neat little black brick.

any ideas??
    The Pre does WORK
    There's somewhere around 0% chance that'll happen.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I disagree... I think there is a -1% chance of this happening
    I don't see that happening at all. I mean you never know but why would they , they leaked the SDK and knew this was going to happen.

If they do then I hope you have insurance and your phone just comes up missing and can be used for spare parts. the $100 deductable will be all you have to pay.
    You might want to do a little more reading on the subject.
    First of all the chances are zero
    Second you do not have to root to install homebrew apps. Just read the instructions.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Doubtful.

Please keep this in mind about installing homebrew apps: Proceed at your own risk. Untested and unsigned applications have the potential to wreak havoc on your phone.

Be vigilant!