Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No one seemed to mention that Yahoo! is just going to be included in synergy in 1.2, Sept 24th release date.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    That said, I would also love to see MSN. MSN being my primary form of IM communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    That said, I would also love to see MSN. MSN being my primary form of IM communication.
    Can you reach your MSN contacts through Yahoo Messenger? I think so.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/features/networks/
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    What is the Best IM client for PRE?
    Twitter and Tweed app. I get instant updates from all my friends.
    IMO, it works a lot better then an IM application.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I can't get meebo to load more buddies than what the screen will show. It just won't load any buddies I'd have to scroll to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    No one seemed to mention that Yahoo! is just going to be included in synergy in 1.2, Sept 24th release date.
    Was it included in 1.2 or was it part of the Pixi announcement?
    Has the battery draining issue with AIM and Google Chat been fixed?
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Just an FYI: When I was poking around looking for the best way to develop an IRC client for the Pre I talked to some people with webos-internals and they basically said they are not only working on building an IRC client around the onboard LibPurple libraries but also extending it's other built in protocols to use other services such as Yahoo (which of course may be obsolete when they realease it with 1.2) as well as XMPP. It's just a matter of time...
    Quote Originally Posted by netviper View Post
    Was it included in 1.2 or was it part of the Pixi announcement?
    Dang it was just on the Pixi. Though I have a feeling we will see Yahoo! on the Pre before the Pixi launch for testing.

Is it possible to add msn users to an yahoo list? So when I add yahoo to something it brings along my MSN contacts?
    By the way, Trillian, has Astra out now and works on the web... the only problem is that we'll have to wait for Adobe Flash to be supported as Astra is a Flash application on the web.
    there was another post about a week ago detailing how to setup a googletalk account with jabber. Then you can use the pre with yahoo or others through the pre. I have this setup now for yahoo and I stay signed in often. I see my yahoo contacts through google in the pre IM client and it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Just an FYI: When I was poking around looking for the best way to develop an IRC client for the Pre I talked to some people with webos-internals and they basically said they are not only working on building an IRC client around the onboard LibPurple libraries but also extending it's other built in protocols to use other services such as Yahoo (which of course may be obsolete when they realease it with 1.2) as well as XMPP. It's just a matter of time...
    IMO they have had plenty of time. It is not acceptable to not have both MSN/WLM and Yahoo on the phone by now. They should have been included at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TX800W View Post
    Seeing as the pre uses the pidgin and if anyone has downloaded and looked through the code for the LibPurple, it indeed does have Yahoo, MSN, XMPP, AOL and google on it. All that would need to be done is a change to the interface to allow account setup. I am currently digging through the pre's linux files to see if I can find where the UI for messaging and the account setup is. the backend is there, we just need the pre to talk to it via the UI...
    Looking at the libpurple instant messaging modules for webOS 1.1, it looks like it only has support for AIM, ICQ, Jabber/XMPP and OSCAR (AIM). Seeing ICQ there is kinda weird ... the mother of all IM.

I'm hoping webOS 1.2 will have Yahoo messenger support AS WELL as XMPP access to arbitrary systems with SSL support with self-signed certs on configurable ports.
    sucks only google and aim are supported.
    i just want to know. Why hasn't anybody made an app for it, that can host yahoo, and msn,,,,and im not talking about yahoo os, msn live or google os,,,,,, just instant messengers ?
    Hmmm, I'm running yahoo, icq, msn, aol, gtalk and aim. Search is your friend.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12