1.    #1  
    Ok everyone. I have seen many posts here and elsewhere that state that the Pre's warranty is 1 year. As a matter of fact, if you go to Palm's website for the pre, and look in support section, under downloads, and then under documents, there is a link that says 1 year warranty information. But, when you download the pdf, everything says 90 days. If you download the full users manual, and look at the warranty page in there, again, it says 90 days.

I guess one could say that since palm put a link that says 1 year, that they would be stuck with one year, even though the documents say 90 days.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Downloads

http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...nt_p100eww.pdf

http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...anty_1year.pdf

Just wanted to see what y'all thought, and also have some documentation so that later on we can refer back to it.
    It seems clear to me that the warranty is one year from date of purchase.

This is found under the first paragraph in the 3rd link you posted "hardware warranty".

Am I missing something?
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Ok everyone. I have seen many posts here and elsewhere that state that the Pre's warranty is 1 year. As a matter of fact, if you go to Palm's website for the pre, and look in support section, under downloads, and then under documents, there is a link that says 1 year warranty information. But, when you download the pdf, everything says 90 days. If you download the full users manual, and look at the warranty page in there, again, it says 90 days.

I guess one could say that since palm put a link that says 1 year, that they would be stuck with one year, even though the documents say 90 days.

Just wanted to see what y'all thought, and also have some documentation so that later on we can refer back to it.

I think what is being said here is this....

If you purchase a NEW pre you get 1 year.
    If you purchase a REFURB you only get 90 days.
  4.    #4  
    Hehe. Sorry. Yes, it does.

I guess because i'm thinking about some homebrew, I was focusing on the software warranty.

I wonder is installing homebrew apps after the software warranty period would viod the hardware warranty? And if you wiped your phone and reset ir if they would be able to tell.

I'm sure those wuestions have been asked and answered elswhere. I'll keep lokin'.