Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
  1.    #1  
    I just checked my rebate status...

    "Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED

    Date Received: 06-22-2009

    Status Detail: Invalid.

    Invalid Reason: Corporate (company paid) accounts that qualify for Business Device Flat Pricing or contract renewal service credit offers are not eligible for this offer."

    I don't have a corporate account. I pay my own bill. I DO get a company discount, but that's not the same thing. This is going to be an interesting phone call.

    They just re-affirmed my sig...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  2. #2  
    Hrmmm ... I get a public employee discount ... I really hope I don't face the same hurdle! Did you just get an email that said that?
  3. #3  
    That sounds like a pain. Good luck. I just happened to check the status of my rebate after reading this. I get a corporate discount on my account because of where I work and the status of my rebate says approved.
  4. #4  
    Mine says approved and is on its way. I have a corporate discount on my account as well.
  5. wp746911's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #5  
    its probably just a screw up- I wouldn't blame customer service for this one. There is likely some rebate dept./rebate contractor doing this to you. If you call customer service and they don't help you, then you can blame them.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBrknSystm View Post
    Hrmmm ... I get a public employee discount ... I really hope I don't face the same hurdle! Did you just get an email that said that?
    No, I just clicked on the status link in the email they sent me confirming they received the rebate request.

    I don't have time to talk to them tonight, so I emailed CS. I'll let you know how it goes.

    I so dearly hate sprint's CS & billing. Good phones and the network are the ONLY reasons I stay with them.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  7. #7  
    I have corp. disc. and mine is listed as approved.
  8. #8  
    Great, just checked mine and look what it said:

    Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED

    Status Detail: Invalid.
    Invalid Reason: All applicable discounts for your recently purchased Sprint Nextel device were given at the time of purchase or are not available based on the upgrade program requirements.
    Product Limit Exceeded



    Thanks Sprint !!! At least some lube would have helped !!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wp746911 View Post
    its probably just a screw up- I wouldn't blame customer service for this one. There is likely some rebate dept./rebate contractor doing this to you. If you call customer service and they don't help you, then you can blame them.
    Nah... My billing and CS issues have been far too numerous to get in to. I'm past the point of proving them wrong. They need to prove to me they're correct.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  10. #10  
    Mine says it has been approved and it will be sent within 30 days. Good luck! I do get a company discount by the way.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by redrocketship View Post
    Great, just checked mine and look what it said:

    Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED

    Status Detail: Invalid.
    Invalid Reason: All applicable discounts for your recently purchased Sprint Nextel device were given at the time of purchase or are not available based on the upgrade program requirements.
    Product Limit Exceeded


    Thanks Sprint !!! At least some lube would have helped !!!
    Did you buy it at BestBuy? They were waiving the need for a rebate and giving it to you at the time of sale.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  12. #12  
    This is why I did buy it at Best Buy. My last contract renewal I had to dealt with Sprint, and they declined the rebate. Rebates are a PAIN. Good luck.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Did you buy it at BestBuy? They were waiving the need for a rebate and giving it to you at the time of sale.
    Nope, bought it at a corp. store.
  14. #14  
    how do you follow up on the rebate?
  15. #15  
    Did you happen to pay for it with a credit card that has your company name on it?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rundown87 View Post
    Did you happen to pay for it with a credit card that has your company name on it?
    Nope, I paid cash.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    how do you follow up on the rebate?
    I think you can go to the Sprint site and check there. Give me asecond.
  18. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #18  
    Just saw that mine was declined too. The reason, you ask?

    "All applicable discounts for your recently purchased Sprint Nextel device were given at the time of purchase or are not available based on the upgrade program requirements."

    Ummm... WHAT? I paid $300. Didn't upgrade.

    Dear Sprint,

    Your customer service sucks so badly, it needs a new adjective. Fix it!

    Thanks,
    buyrihn
  19. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    I think you can go to the Sprint site and check there. Give me asecond.
    Yeah, you can. SprintRebates.com
  20. #20  
    Ya there's a spot on the Sprint site to check your rebate status. Just login to your Account. You'll see it. Mine approved and on the way. Sry m8's.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions