Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Status Detail: Your rebate is approved and is in the final stages of processing and should be mailed to you within the next 30 days. Thank you

YES!
    Mine was invalid as well at first. They said my phone had been cancelled before the 30 days was up. Needless to say, it left me wondering what phone I had been using all month. A simple call to CS solved the problem... Well the 2nd one did. The guy that said he did it, really didn't. When I had checked the status the next day after calling, it was still invalid. So called back and this guy got it right and put it on a rush so I should be getting it soon. All and all, not to bad of an expirience except for the guy that thought he knew what he was doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Sent it in the first day and still 10-14 weeks.
    10-14 weeks for the whole process. The little bar under that should tell you how far along the process they are. Mine is 83% completed, and yours should be the same. Now just 30 days until they send the checks.

I think I would rather have it directly applied like the OP got his, but, such as it is.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccoy68 View Post
    @ Scary

What email address did you send your request to? I also have a rebate issue. I should be getting $250 for three phones I upgraded but the rebate status only shows $150 so I need to follow up on that. I have not gotten the check yet but I want to ask what is going on.

Thanks
    You can log in on www.Sprint.com/emailcare or
    Chat: Click www.Sprint.com/chat There is usually a long wait.

I received a follow-up email this morning:

"Sprint has completed a modification(s) to your account. Please take a minute to carefully review this confirmation:

Confirmation no.: 2845xxxx Rep Id: 619xxx Date/Time: Jul 14, 2009 06:12 am(CST)
    Modification(s): On 07/14/2009, an adjustment in the amount of $119.45 was made to your account"
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    You can log in on www.Sprint.com/emailcare or
    Chat: Click www.Sprint.com/chat There is usually a long wait.

I received a follow-up email this morning:

"Sprint has completed a modification(s) to your account. Please take a minute to carefully review this confirmation:

Confirmation no.: 2845xxxx Rep Id: 619xxx Date/Time: Jul 14, 2009 06:12 am(CST)
    Modification(s): On 07/14/2009, an adjustment in the amount of $119.45 was made to your account"
    I think that warrants a removal of at least one of the " REALLY's" from the sig....
    Man i've had sprint for damn near a decade and only had one billing issue (that was my fault but was hoping Sprint would've hooked a good standing customer up).

It was when Sprint Vision came around and I didn't have the plan, however, my phone came with a demo for MobiTV. At the time, it showed NO warning data fees would incur...so i used it...ended up racking damn near $40 of data.

They took it down $10 but still....i then switched to Nextel, then migrated back when they merged.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    I think that warrants a removal of at least one of the " REALLY's" from the sig....
    If my next bill is correct, I will tone it down some.
    They have really screwed me so many times, it will take a while to "bring back that lovin' feeling".

Double billed, and for services I didn't ask for.

Shut my phone off for non-payment, when I had actually paid 6 months in advance.

I called and asked a question, and they restarted my 2 year contract.

I paid full price for a replacement phone in a corporate store. The slimeball behind counter took me off SERO, and gave me a way crappy plan, with a new 2 year, all done without my knowledge.

Dealing with the call center in India has always been iffy at best.

There's more, but you get the gist.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

FWIW, after being with sprint for 10 years now, and getting many rebates over the years, I would have to say that on average about 1 in 4 get rejected. When I have called in to complain, I have always received my rebate, either in the form of a check, or as a service credit. In fact, Sprint and their MIR vendor are soooo overly eager to keep customers happy right now, I know of people who regularly take advantage of it and end up receiving multiple rebates on the same phone purchase. Not that I condone or encourage that, it is just an indication of the times we are in with Sprint.

So, if you get that dreaded letter saying "rejected" don't freak out. It's ok. It just means that you are going to have to do a little more work to get what you deserve. Should it be that way? No. But remember, you stay with Sprint because it has a rocking fast 3G network (most of the time, just like everybody else) and we can get a great plan at a great price, so it's probably worth spending a few minutes on the phone with Johnny from Timbuktu to get your $100.

AH's personal savings this year vs. same service w/ AT&T: $2200.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    ...So please, before you panic, pick up the phone. Just remember to be courteous to the person on the other end!
    +1
    I agree with the last few posts, you'll get the rebate and it'll all work out in the end. I chalk the time lost to mail in rebates with Sprint up to the hundreds of dollars they save me every year vs. AT&T.

I've done 2 mail-in rebates with Sprint before the pre, and the process was stellar. Sent in the 2 envelopes on the same day, and had 2 checks in my hand less than a month later.

(They did make one slight mistake though, they wrote the checks for too much money, but sssshhhh, don't tell anybody.)
    It's hard to be courteous to the other person, when you've called 6 times on the same problem and they all say they are doing it and wait a week so you've paid over 800$ for their mistake and it takes 6 months to get it back on your account. I've never had such bad service, and going to the manager or level 1 or 2 whatever they call the next guy does absolutely nothing, i sometimes wonder why it takes a while to get through to a person but its' cause everyone is calling back. This happened to me like 2 years ago with a phone i got and returned within 30 days, i dread everytime i have to call, been with sprint for 6 or 7 years and even the most simple problems can turn into nightmares. And they really like to renew your contract for no reason at all my last phone i kept for 3.5 years and didn't notice they renewed my contract somewhere after 3 years with the phone. I called at least 30-50 times about getting it reversed and never happened, all ended with i'm putting your contract back, to how it used to be. Never happened, they kept telling me i got a new phone, and I told them is it logical to get a 3 year old model of a phone that you can't even buy anymore, and where did i get billed for it, must've been over a hour on the phone each time with them for that one, before they would admit they couldn't find anything, but needed a manage to override it.

But i'm happy with my pre, hoping it doesn't die, so far awesome. I have a corporate discount too hoping it goes through so far so good.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by reynardmc22 View Post
    It's hard to be courteous to the other person, when you've called 6 times on the same problem and they all say they are doing it and wait a week so you've paid over 800$ for their mistake and it takes 6 months to get it back on your account. I've never had such bad service, and going to the manager or level 1 or 2 whatever they call the next guy does absolutely nothing, i sometimes wonder why it takes a while to get through to a person but its' cause everyone is calling back. This happened to me like 2 years ago with a phone i got and returned within 30 days, i dread everytime i have to call, been with sprint for 6 or 7 years and even the most simple problems can turn into nightmares. And they really like to renew your contract for no reason at all my last phone i kept for 3.5 years and didn't notice they renewed my contract somewhere after 3 years with the phone. I called at least 30-50 times about getting it reversed and never happened, all ended with i'm putting your contract back, to how it used to be. Never happened, they kept telling me i got a new phone, and I told them is it logical to get a 3 year old model of a phone that you can't even buy anymore, and where did i get billed for it, must've been over a hour on the phone each time with them for that one, before they would admit they couldn't find anything, but needed a manage to override it.

But i'm happy with my pre, hoping it doesn't die, so far awesome. I have a corporate discount too hoping it goes through so far so good.
    You are not alone. I feel your pain.
    Phones are great. The network (for me) is great. The plans are better than anything else out there. The only missing piece of the puzzle...

Sprint, WISE UP!!!
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 07/14/2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Poor grammer

-Jack Handy, SNL-

My rebate has been approved and I get a Lexmark discount. Hopefully you guys can get the issue resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by reynardmc22 View Post

Yep. Been there; done that. I'm sorry you have had so much trouble, and I guarantee you that Sprint is too. Things do seem to be getting better, especially since the beginning of this year. I hope that they don't put themselves in an even bigger financial bind by being too generous now. If they go under, or get bought out, everything will be on the table, including our beloved plans and the amazing prices we can get. But for now, despite the amazingly bad cs we sometimes get (sometimes more often than not) I want Sprint to stay just like they are.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    So I sent of an email question to the rebate site about why I was only getting 150.00 rather then the 250.00 that I should have qualified for. They took a few days but came back with a second rebate that is already fully approved and waiting to send out the check to cover the other 100.00 So all seems well as long as the checks get into the mail. They really do seem to be working hard to correct errors so if you have questions or errors on your rebates make sure you contact them. Nicely of course.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have a corporate discount and just checked and mine has been approved and should get it within the next 30 days.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Yeay! Mine's gone out in the mail, FINALLY! I was worried that because I'd switched devices after a week and activated a BlackBerry they might pull my rebate. But it's on it's way!
    Verizon
    My 100 bux is on the way as well....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123