Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Maybe you got other company incentives. For the other person, the $300 price is the upgrade price for a new or 2 year agreement.
    My rebate says 10-14 weeks left -_-;
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Mine says it has been approved and it will be sent within 30 days. Good luck! I do get a company discount by the way.
    same here.

Good luck man.
    Oh boy, I am getting worried mine might get rejected
    Mine first one was approved and will be mailed in the next few weeks. My other one is pending approval (just sent it out a few weeks ago).
    Sent it in the first day and still 10-14 weeks.
    If your rebate gets rejected the very first thing you should do is call the Sprint Rebate Center phone number listed on the front of your "rejection postcard". I have been initially rejected for my last two Sprint rebates (for my Touch Pro and then my Pre), but after a painless (and actually pretty pleasant) phone call not only were my rebates approved, but they will also put a rush on mailing out your check.

So please, before you panic, pick up the phone. Just remember to be courteous to the person on the other end!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    If your rebate gets rejected the very first thing you should do is call the Sprint Rebate Center phone number listed on the front of your "rejection postcard". I have been initially rejected for my last two Sprint rebates (for my Touch Pro and then my Pre), but after a painless (and actually pretty pleasant) phone call not only were my rebates approved, but they will also put a rush on mailing out your check.

So please, before you panic, pick up the phone. Just remember to be courteous to the person on the other end!
    God yes! You'd be surprised how many people still don't get that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Heck, I sweet-talked the state unemployment guy so much that I got five weeks of back checks even though they generally don't do that.

I give good phone.

Always start out by thinking and asking how their day is going, even if counter-intuitive. Another good ice-breaker is "Ooh, what state am I talking to today and how's YOUR weather?"
    Did any of you guys getting rejected have to swap your phones out and get a replacement?

I know that I asked the guy if I could swap my phone with the other phone on my plan, both pre's. And he said that if we did that, it could screw up the rebate thing. So I'm guessing swapping out your phones, would do the same thing.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I just checked my rebate status...

"Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED

Date Received: 06-22-2009

Status Detail: Invalid.

Invalid Reason: Corporate (company paid) accounts that qualify for Business Device Flat Pricing or contract renewal service credit offers are not eligible for this offer."

I don't have a corporate account. I pay my own bill. I DO get a company discount, but that's not the same thing. This is going to be an interesting phone call.

They just re-affirmed my sig...
    Exact same thing happened to me -- I pay my own bill, but have a corporate discount on my personally liable account.

To make a long story short, I called, complained, and got a $100 credit. Be patient and they'll come through (eventually).
    I immediately checked after reading the title and luckily mine says "approved"...now hopefully they DO send the check
  12.    #32  
    Got this email back from Sprint:

"I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the
    unexpected rejection of the mail in rebate request. Your rebate request
    has been rejected by the system due to an incorrect reason. To avoid
    any further inconvenience to you, I have applied the credit of $100.00
    on your account on July 14, 2009. This credit will serve as the mail in
    rebate for which your Sprint Palm Pre handset is eligible.

The upgrade fee amount to $18.00 is billed when you upgrade to a new
    handset on an existing phone line. The upgrade fee is a charge for the
    personalized service you receive when talking with live personnel in the
    sales channels (versus automated self service). The fee also helps us
    cover the costs of keeping an inventory of Sprint devices in the store.

The upgrade fee is not billed only in the cases where the handset is
    upgraded online. I understand that you have been promised the credit
    for the upgrade activation fee. I have also applied the credit of
    $18.00 for the upgrade fee activation along with the applicable taxes.

After adjusting these credits, your account has the credit balance of
    $119.45."
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

So are you going to change your sig now? Sounds like they went a bit above and beyond for you with that instant credit to your account. I wish they'd do that to mine, save me a trip to the bank.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    So are you going to change your sig now? .
    we'll see. If my next bill is correct, I will change it.
    It may be that this is in error as well, but I received a similar message (before purchase). This is the reason I don't have a Palm Pre yet. I received a "Free Phone" (a cheap LG) with my last one year contract with Sprint, but the eligibility for a user to get a new free phone or equivalent discount on an uber device is 22 months. So I can't get a Pre for less then $450 which is taking into account my current eligible rebate of $75 from Sprint on a new contract until December. I am currently not under contract, but was informed that even if I cancel my plan today, I have to wait 45 days to drop from the system so that my account won't be re-activated, negating my eligibility for the $199 Pre.

The only way around this for a Sprint customer without a current contract that has received something free/discounted within 22 months is to get a second line, which would be eligible for the full rebate, and then dump the first line before the end of the billing cycle. I am worried that I will still be paying the family plan rate though, so have to work that out before I attempt it.

I may just wait it out...

Quote Originally Posted by redrocketship View Post
    Great, just checked mine and look what it said:

Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED

Status Detail: Invalid.
    Invalid Reason: All applicable discounts for your recently purchased Sprint Nextel device were given at the time of purchase or are not available based on the upgrade program requirements.
    Product Limit Exceeded

Thanks Sprint !!! At least some lube would have helped !!!
    I just checked my rebate because of this thread. Sprint says it's invalid because it can't verify the Sprint phone number on the rebate form? WTF. It's printed on there clear as day. Guess I'll be calling customer service on my break.
    I can fully understand the frustrations of not getting your rebates. Sometimes it work and others it does not. One of the things I have done in the past is find stores that sell the devices with instant rebates. That way I don't have to worry about waiting or not even getting it at all.
    File rebate complaints with the Federal Trade Commission. They take rebate fraud, and error, seriously. And they no longer let companies hide behind 3rd party rebate processors. If the FTC gets a bunch of complaints, they will contact Sprint.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    @ Scary

What email address did you send your request to? I also have a rebate issue. I should be getting $250 for three phones I upgraded but the rebate status only shows $150 so I need to follow up on that. I have not gotten the check yet but I want to ask what is going on.

Thanks
    OK. Realize that the MIRs are processed through a vendor and not by Sprint directly. Not that this excuses the mistake or Sprint. On a previous rebate for my son i got the same message about all available rebates applied at the store. I believe they have education issues at the vendor.

I am betting that everyone that this happened to is gettign their phone through an upgrade and not new service. i am thinking the confusion on their part is coming from the fact that a lot of the phones have an instant savings of more than the "$150 upgrade" credit. For instance the Pre with $250 instant savings. Now we know that the $100 MIR is supposed to be applied on top of that for a savings of $350, but the rebate processors see you were eligible for $150. See you got $250 and assume you got the $100 applied at the store so are not eligible.

You have a few options.

1) email them and explain their mistake and they will likely fix it and respond back in a few days. There si a "Contact Us" button on the site that leads to a web form to email them.

2) Call them. I am not sure where it would be on the site, but after my problem the CS rep gave me the phone number for them.

1-800-477-4127 Open M-F 5-10 S&S 8-8 I believe the times are Central.

3) Call Customer Service and complain. (This was the route I did last time) and after you explain the situation to them it is possible they will just credit the amount of the MIR to your bill.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast