1.    #1  
    Ok so since switching to sprint I now get a txt msg from some retard from 6245 at least once a day telling me they have deactivated my "Plus4" debit card. I obviously do not have this card - its just spam. Is there a way to block that number on the pre? Thx
    i do not think there is a way. But I would really like to know also if someone figured it out maybe with a homebrew app or such.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhindmon View Post
    Ok so since switching to sprint I now get a txt msg from some retard from 6245 at least once a day telling me they have deactivated my "Plus4" debit card. I obviously do not have this card - its just spam. Is there a way to block that number on the pre? Thx
    My wife gets the same crap. Let me know if you find a way.
    Call Sprint CS they can block it. I have had this done before.
    I get the same one ! It makes a claim about my Farmers & merchant bank account deactivation? It seems to be a Phishing text add, I dialed the number from my land line it was an 888 number it it does not connect.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I had a problem with calls from a credit agency (for "George Sumsh't " or someone) on a second line I added a while back. It was awful. They called twice a day every day and would not stop calling no matter how many times I told them not to call me and I had no idea who George Sumsh't was.

I finally called Sprint about it and they changed my number. You could try that.
    Log in to your account at Sprint.com. As soon as you log in, at the bottom right corner there is a text message section which allows you to block numbers.
    yeah, I called support to block 6245 as it kept sending messages saying I had a debit card that was frozen and I need to call..
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Log in to your account at Sprint.com. As soon as you log in, at the bottom right corner there is a text message section which allows you to block numbers.
    It works, I've done it.
    Its a Known Scam, its been hitting a lot of folks, just google the # & you'll see. SMS/Call Blocking is the only reason I'm holding off on getting my PRE
    I have also blocked texts on the sprint website. works like a charm
    I lurve my Pre! <3
  12.    #12  
    Thanks guys ... I setup the block on Sprint's website. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.
  13.    #13  
    well i now discovered a BIG side effect to blocking "6245". That's the email/sms gateway, so all emails sent to your #@messaging.sprintpcs.com get blocked if you block 6245.

This sucks. I couldn't figure out why others couldn't page me until I looked up 6245. And since this guy changes his email address all the time, I guess there really isn't a way to block him. I just unblocked 6245 ... hopefully his msgs have died down by now.
    Sounds like the spammer got a hold of your messaging.sprintpcs.com email address. Call Sprint and get them to change it. They did it for me. I wasn't using that for receiving texts from anyone so it was a transparent change for me.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

If you have an iMac, Firefox won't let you do this, use Safari.